|Darkseid has declared that this article requires immediate Cleanup in order to meet a higher standard.|
Help improve this article by improving formatting, spelling and general layout - least it fall victim to an Omega Effect
This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||I would kill you, but I'd just be killing myself.||„|
|~ Kuasa to Amaya Jiwe.|
She is the main antagonist of Season 1 of the cartoon web-series Vixen, then returns as a major antagonist of the spin-off series DC's Legends of Tomorrow.
She is was voiced by Anika Noni Rose in Vixen, then portrayed by Tracy Ifeachor in DC's Legends of Tomorrow.
After Kuasa threatened Mari McCabe to hand the Anansi Totem over. Mari agreed and only kept it for sentimental reasons. Mari told Kuasa she just wants to know where it came from. When Mari tried to remove the necklace, Kuasa said she'd just have to remove the necklace from her corpse but Mari quickly tapped into the totem to camouflage and get away.
Mari awoke next to telling the latter she actually intended to hand over the necklace. Mari told Kuasa they need to figure a way to remove the necklace from her neck, without removing her neck as she found Kuasa's methods unnecessary. Kuasa revealed to herself to Mari as her older sister and welcomed Mari home. Kuasa revealed she had brought her to Zambesi Village, their home. Mari was outraged but Kuasa told her she gave her everything she wanted. Kuasa told Mari that their people asked the god Anansi to protect their village. Kuasa told Mari in exchange for worship, Anansi gave them a totem to channel his power. Kuasa tells her she was supposed to be the totem's guardian, up until a local war lord attacked the village and their mother ran off with Mari and the totem. Kuasa told that there may be only death left in their village, it was still her home and obligation to protect it.
Kuasa learned she came after the real reason why the totem began to activate. Mari ran off but was quickly stopped. Kuasa set off Anansi to bite Mari, though the totem activated and gave Mari the power of a rhino. Mari knocked Kuasa's guards away and ran off, though she passed out later. Kuasa eventually caught up and took the necklace from Mari.
When Kuasa tapped into the totem, Mari charged with the animals, who Kuasa fought with before being grazed in an arm by Mari. Kuasa activated the spirit of the tiger as she claimed a mere stick couldn't harm her. Kuasa attacked Mari and bit her in the shoulder, before being bitten by the same spider she had previously used on Mari.
Powers and abilities
- Hydromancy: The Water Totem allowed Kuasa to control vast amounts of water. Once she was resurrected, she was seemingly capable of such feats on her own and in a confrontation with her grandmother, Amaya Jiwe, she said the totem was now a part of her, hinting that Mallus gave her the powers of the water totem when his acolyte resurrected her.
- Hydrokinesis/Water blasts: Kuasa is capable of morphing water into different forms, including shooting powerful blasts of water at her opponents.
- Hydrophysiology: Kuasa is able to turn herself into water.
- Anansi Totem: Most of Kuasa's powers came from the necklace, which allowed her to harness the life force of animals, in essence harnessing their abilities. Since accessing its power, the necklaces bonded with her, preventing it from being removed from her neck until she was bitten by Anansi.
- Superhuman speed: Through the spirit of the rhino, she became incredibly fast, so much that she can perform a stampede.
- Superhuman strength: Through the spirit of the gorilla she became incredibly strong, while through the spirit of the elephant she could step like a trunk over her enemies.
- Superhuman agility: Through the spirit of an unclear big cat, she became incredibly agile, able to leap great distances, and preform incredible acrobatic feats, as well as to bite through the human flesh or cut it with her claws with ease.
- Master hand-to-hand combatant: Despite being surprised by Sara Lance, who had League of Assassins training, with her signature weapons, she managed to overpower her with ease to the point that Sara needed Mick Rory to cause a distraction to escape. She uses a fluid style of fighting, able to evade incoming attacks and counter them.