This Villain was Headlined on January 2010.
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Get that bitch, Leatherface! Get that bitch...dog will hunt.||„|
|~ Chop Top Sawyer commanding Leatherface.|
Jedidiah Sawyer, better known as Leatherface, is the main antagonist of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre series.
He serves as the main antagonist of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the central antagonist of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation, the titular central antagonist of Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III, the anti-heroic deuteragonist of Texas Chainsaw 3D and the titular main protagonist-villain of Leatherface.
He is one of the biggest horror icons, but unlike most of them, is not supernatural in any way. His main weapons are a chainsaw and sledgehammer. He wears a mask made from a person's skin, which he uses to express a personality, and engages in murder and cannibalism alongside his family. It is also notable that director Tobe Hooper has stated that Leatherface kills out of fear, not malice. Although he is the most recurring villain he still takes orders from his older family members.
- 1 Mask
- 2 List of Leatherface's Victims
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Trivia
- 5 External links
- 6 Navigation
In the original film, Leatherface wore three different masks: the "Killing Mask", "Old Lady Mask" and "Pretty Woman Mask". Gunnar Hansen commented: "The reason he wore a mask, according to Tobe and Kim, was that the mask really determined his personality. Who he wanted to be that day determined what mask he put on. So when Drayton comes home with Sally, Leatherface is wearing the 'Old Lady Mask' and he's wearing an apron and carrying a wooden spoon, he wants to be domestic, helpful in the kitchen.
At dinner he wears a different face, the 'Pretty Woman,' which has makeup." Also of note, the 'Pretty Woman' outfit consists of a female wig and a black suit, as Leatherface is "dressing up" for dinner, an old deep south tradition which stems from his southern upbringing, and the 'Killing Mask' is the skin mask he wears while chasing and murdering captives. Tobe Hooper also discussed the multiple masks and dinner scene on the audio commentary for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Hansen later added, "The idea of the mask is that there is no personality under the mask. That was the idea in talking with Tobe and Kim. When they created the character, they said he has to put on masks to express himself because he himself can't do it. The way we tried to create him, there is nothing under the mask, which is what makes him so frightening."
List of Leatherface's Victims
- Leatherface first appeared in the first film in the 1974 series and in its six subsequent continuations and remakes. Wisconsin killer Ed Gein, who wore a mask made of human skin, was reportedly the inspiration for the character.
- While the second and third movie are considered different canons, it was at one point explained that the limp in his leg in the third movie was a result of the grenade explosion in the second. This is unlikely and it is commonly accepted that his leg injury was from a chainsaw wound in the original.
- The second Leatherface (Bubba Sawyer) and Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw (Jed Sawyer) are the most benevolent versions of Leatherface.
- Bubba didn't kill Stretch when Chop Top and Drayton asked him to do it.
- Jed saved Heather from Burt Hurtman.
- The third Leatherface (Junior Sawyer) and the fourth Leatherface (Leather Slaughter) are the most malevolent versions of Leatherface.
- Junior is considered a rapist, is not know if Little Girl Sawyer is the child of Mama Sawyer or a unknown women.
- Leather was always trying to kill Jenny without mercy and actually helped Vilmer into chasing Jenny.
- Bubba and Junior (alternative ending) are the only versions of Leatherface that died.
- In the original movie, almost every prop is completely real. Most of the bones shown are real animal bones and all the dead animals shown are also real. According to Gunnar Hanson, the man who first played Leatherface, during the scene where they cut open Sally's finger with a shaving razor, he actually cut open her finger since they had to re-shoot that scene several times and adding the intense Texas heat with the horrible smell of rotting animals in the house, he wanted to get the scene over with and sliced her finger for the real reaction. John Dugan, the man who played Grandpa Sawyer, also actually drank the blood from her finger.
- Leatherface - on The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Wiki
- Leatherface - on Mortal Kombat Wiki
- Leatherface - on Dead by Daylight Wiki
- Leatherface - on Wikipedia