- NOTE: This article is about the incarnation of the Legion of Doom from the Arrowverse. The mainstream version can be found here: Legion of Doom.✓
|Dr. Wily has declared that this article is still under construction.|
Please don't delete or edit this article yet, it may contrast with the original author's edits.
After I finish this article, the world will be mine! MWAHAHAHAHA!
|“||My name is Eobard Thawne. With the help of Damien Darhk, Malcolm Merlyn, Leonard Snart, and Mick Rory, I've obtained the Spear of Destiny, an ancient artifact with the power to rewrite reality itself, and we have. It's a brave new world.||„|
|~ Thawne's monologue in the episode, Doomworld.|
The Legion of Doom was the main antagonistic faction in Season 2 of the CW superhero series, DC's Legends of Tomorrow. They were a team of time-travelling supervillains assembled by Eobard Thawne who sought to find the legendary Spear of Destiny and use it to rewrite reality, specifically their own destinies.
Eobard THawne and Darhk are the first two members of the team, after the former cheats death as a result of Flashpoint and recruits Darhk from 1987, with the goal of changing their destined deaths in conflict with Barry Allen and Oliver Queen, respectively. Thawne and Darhk recruit Malcolm Merlyn from 2016, convincing him to help them change history to prevent the death of his family. Their ultimate goal is to obtain the Spear of Destiny to fulfill their wishes. After coming into conflict with the titular team of superheroes, the Legends of Tomorrow, they are dubbed "Legion of Doom" by Citizen Steel. Merlyn questions why Thawne needed to assemble a team given his own power, and Darhk eventually agrees that Thawne had been extremely secretive to them regarding his habit of randomly vanishing. As the duo retrieves a mimetic device containing Rip Hunter's memories in 2025 to locate the Spear, Thawne arrives, and they lock themselves inside the vault containing Hunter's device to corner him and re-negotiate their partnership. Thawne finally reveals that he has been running from the Black Flash, who has been sent after him by the Speed Forcefor cheating death. After finally agreeing to treat them as equals, Merlyn and Darhk help to incapacitate Black Flash using Thawne as bait. They seal Black Flash inside the vault and retreat to the Vanishing Point, which they utilize as their lair, as it exists outside of the timeline. They eventually capture Rip Hunter and use his memories to alter his personality, forcing him to serve the Legion. After the Legends rescue Hunter and retrieve the Spear, the Legion recruits a past version of the deceased Captain Cold, from a point before he joins the Legends and was at his most cold-hearted. Like Thawne and Darhk, Cold is motivated to prevent his future death. He also convinces Heat Wave to betray the Legends and join the Legion, bringing the Spear of Destiny with him and delivering it to the Legion. The Legion of Doom then successfully rewrites reality: Thawne becomes the director of S.T.A.R. Labs, Darhk becomes mayor of Star City, Merlyn reunites with his family and damns Nyssa Raatko to a depressing, closeted life in revenge for her disbanding the League of Assassins, and Rory and Snart control Central City. In this new reality, nearly all the heroic vigilantes are deceased and the former Legends are reduced to various demeaning positions, with Vixen and Canary acting as Darhk's personal assassins, Commander Steel being a discredited conspiracy theorist, and Atom, Firestorm, and Rip Hunter employed by Thawne in S.T.A.R. Labs. However, Heat Wave comes to regret his decision and reunites the Legends, using a creation of Ray's to restore their memories of the original timeline. The Legends eventually retrieve the Spear of Destiny thanks to the Legion of Doom turning on Thawne upon learning of his plans to destroy the Spear. In the ensuing battle, the Legends lose Martin Stein to Thawne and Vixen to Captain Cold. Thawne manages to the Spear, apparently stabilizing the altered reality. In the season finale, the Legends time travel back to paradoxically join forces with their past versions to combat the Legion of Doom before they can obtain the Spear. In the ensuing battle, the Legends are subdued but Sara obtains the Spear of Destiny. The Spear is used against itself by Canary to cancel its own power and summon the Black Flash, who kills Thawne. The rest of the Legion is taken back to their original places in the timeline.
- Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash - founder and leader
- Damien Darhk - deceased
- Malcolm Merlyn/Dark Archer - deceased
- Leonard Snart/Captain Cold - deceased
- Rip Hunter - brainwashed by Thawne but was later freed by the Legends
- Mick Rory/Heat Wave - betrayed them for the Legends
- Al Capone's criminal empire - in 1927
- British Army - in 1776
- The Dark Army - in 507 A.D.; mind-controlled knights of Camelot
- Star City Police Department - in the altered reality
- Central City Police Department - in the altered reality
- S.T.A.R. Labs security force - in the altered reality
- Baron Krieger - in 1942; deceased
- Al Capone
- Nate names the trio of Eobard Thawne's syndicate the Legion of Doom after a Hanna-Barbera cartoon he watched as a child. This is a meta-reference to the Legion's origins, who, while featuring DC characters, premiered in the Hanna-Barbera TV series Challenge of the Super Friends.
- This is actually the smallest version of the Legion of Doom in any media. The next biggest was featured in the film JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time.
- Each member of the Legion of Doom is Affably Evil and Honorable.
- In addition, each member has since then become Remorseful or redeemed themselves.