|“||Bow down to me, or suffer my wrath.||„|
|~ Lloyd to the Ninjas.|
Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon is one of the main protagonists of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu. He is the son of Lord Garmadon. He went from being a minor antagonist to one of the main protagonists.
Though he is well known as the hero and main protagonist, Lloyd himself actually have his villainous moments which mirrors his father Lord Garmadon: In Season 1: Rise of the Snakes, he started off a villainous role as a young amateur villain-wannabe who doesn't pose much of a significant threat (except freeing the Serpentine from their prisons). Although, in Season 5: Possession, he become evil once more as result of Morro's possession and gained Morro's ghost powers as result. In the latter case, he considerably become a worse threat, similar with his father when enduring the Great Devourer's corruption.
Notable Villainous role
Season 1: Rise of the Snakes
Lloyd appeared in Jamanakai Village, throwing toy snakes at the residents and demanding their candy. When the Ninja arrived, they were surprised to see a boy instead of the fearsome Lord Garmadon, prompting Lloyd to explain that he was the dark lord's son. He threatened to unleash the Serpentine on the Ninja if they didn't surrender, but the unimpressed heroes hung him on a sign, where the irate villagers pelted him with fruit for his trickery.
Eventually, Lloyd escaped, swearing revenge on the Ninja. He ended up wandering into the icy Glacier Barrens, where he stumbled upon a strange tomb. Curious, Lloyd opened the tomb and fell inside, where he met the Hypnobrai, a tribe of real Serpentine. The Hypnobrai General, Slithraa, attempted to hypnotize Lloyd, but the would-be evil overlord slipped on the icy floor, causing Slithraa to stare at his own reflection in the ice. Thus hypnotized by his own attack, Slithraa accepted Lloyd as his master, and Lloyd immediately ordered the Hypnobrai to Jamanakai Village to take his revenge.
With the Serpentine at his side, Lloyd quickly subjugated the village, stealing all of its candy for himself as the Hypnobrai mesmerized the villagers. When the Ninja returned, Lloyd watched the battle until the Ninja managed to steal Slithraa's staff, prompting him to call a retreat.
Season 5: Possession
As a result of Morro's possession, Lloyd wind up becoming evil again and sought to find the way to free Preeminent from cursed realm. Fortunately, Lloyd returned to the good side once Morro eventually freed him as he outlived his usefulness.
- Even though Lloyd could not commit his revenge, what he did resulted in a series of events that followed the destruction of The Great Devourer.
- The Great Devourer's death in caused the Stone Army to awaken in Season 2: Legacy of the Green Ninja, which also led to The Overlord's final battle with Lloyd.
- The Overlord's defeat left him vanquished and vengeful, and in Season 3: Rebooted, he fought the Ninja. Zane seemingly died when he destroyed the Golden Master.
- After the loss of Zane, in Season 4: Tournament of Elements, the Ninja went to find him on a mysterious island. They faced Master Chen's army, which was banished to the Cursed Realm through Garmadon's sacrifice - however, this allowed Morro to escape.
- Morro possessed Lloyd in Season 5: Possession, and went on a quest to unleash The Preeminent, the physical manifestation of the Cursed Realm. Nya drowned The Preeminent, destroying the realm and killing its prisoners (including Garmadon).
- In Season 6: Skybound, Djinjago, the sister realm of the Cursed Realm, collapses due to the latter's destruction. Nadakhan seeks vengeance against the Ninja, and though he nearly succeeds, Jay wishes that these events never happened.
- The events of Season 7: The Hands of Time didn't directly correlate to the previous seasons' events - rather, they were in response to events from long before the pilot episodes.
- Harumi, who was orphaned after The Great Devourer's rampage, seeks to resurrect Lord Garmadon, who died in the Cursed Realm's destruction. In Season 8: Sons of Garmadon, this goal is ultimately fulfilled, and the original Ninja and Wu wind up in the First Realm.
- The Ninja try to escape the First Realm in Season 9: Hunted, while Wu ages back to his normal self. The Resistance holds up against Lord Garmadon's rule. Garmadon is defeated, but warns of a coming darkness.