|“||Bow down to me, or suffer my wrath.||„|
|~ Lloyd to the Ninjas.|
Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon is the main protagonist of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu. He is the son of Lord Garmadon. He went from being a minor antagonist to one of the main protagonists.
Though he is well known as the hero and main protagonist, Lloyd himself actually have his villainous moments which mirrors his father Lord Garmadon: In Season 1: Rise of the Snakes, he debuted and started off a villainous role as a young amateur villain-wannabe who doesn't pose much of a significant threat (except freeing the Serpentine from their prisons) before his redemption.
In Season 5: Possession, he become evil once more as result of Morro's possession and gained Morro's ghost powers as result. In the latter case, he becomes a considerably worse threat, similar with his father when enduring the Great Devourer's corruption.
As a child, he wore black clothing, a purple sash around his waist, with white rib-like markings on his shirt, resembling the appearance of his father, Lord Garmadon. However, the illusion is negated by Lloyd's normal-looking face and hands, as well as the small green number "5" on the upper left side of his shirt, that resembles he is the fifth, and the Green Ninja. While leaving Darkley's Boarding School for Bad Boys, Lloyd stole a black hood and cape to make his outfit look more menacing.
When possessed by Morro, Lloyd's hair darkens to black and his skin becomes pale with visible shadows surrounding his eyes. His suit takes on more of a darker shade of green and has more black accessories including a hood. Between "Winds of Change" and "The Temple on Haunted Hill", he adorned the Allied Armor of Azure.
Notable Villainous role
Season 1: Rise of the Snakes
Lloyd appeared in Jamanakai Village, throwing toy snakes at the residents and demanding their candy. When the Ninja arrived, they were surprised to see a boy instead of the fearsome Lord Garmadon, prompting Lloyd to explain that he was the dark lord's son. He threatened to unleash the Serpentine on the Ninja if they didn't surrender, but the unimpressed heroes hung him on a sign, where the irate villagers pelted him with fruit for his trickery.
Eventually, Lloyd escaped, swearing revenge on the Ninja. He ended up wandering into the icy Glacier Barrens, where he stumbled upon a strange tomb. Curious, Lloyd opened the tomb and fell inside, where he met the Hypnobrai, a tribe of real Serpentine. The Hypnobrai General, Slithraa, attempted to hypnotize Lloyd, but the would-be evil overlord slipped on the icy floor, causing Slithraa to stare at his own reflection in the ice. Thus hypnotized by his own attack, Slithraa accepted Lloyd as his master, and Lloyd immediately ordered the Hypnobrai to Jamanakai Village to take his revenge.
With the Serpentine at his side, Lloyd quickly subjugated the village, stealing all of its candy for himself as the Hypnobrai mesmerized the villagers. When the Ninja returned, Lloyd watched the battle until the Ninja managed to steal Slithraa's staff, prompting him to call a retreat.
Season 5: Possession
As a result of Morro's possession, Lloyd wind up becoming evil again and sought to find the way to free Preeminent from cursed realm. Fortunately, Lloyd returned to the good side once Morro eventually freed him as he outlived his usefulness.
- Pythor (briefly; formerly)
- Elemental Master
- Master Builders
- Queen Vania
- Racer 7
- Twitchy Tim
- Harumi (Love interest) (Formerly)
- Lord Garmadon (Bad Side)
- The Overlord (archenemy)
- Morro (second archenemy) (formerly)
- Scales (formerly)
- Time Twins
- Master Chen
- Lord Business
- Lord Vortech
- Kai (formerly)
- Zane (formerly)
- Nya (formerly)
- Jay (formerly)
- Cole (formerly)
- Master Wu (formerly)
- Unagami (formerly)
- Skull Sorcerer
LEGO Dimensions Allies:
- Marty McFly
- The Simpsons
- Harry Potter
- Finn the human
- Jake the dog
- The Powerpuff girls
- Franz Krieger
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Beast Boy
- Even though Lloyd could not commit his revenge and reformed, not only did unleashing the Serpentine result in a series of events that resulted in the Great Devourer awakening, but the latter's destruction and the events of Season 1: Rise of the Snakes combined would result in a chain of events that followed up for most of the series.
- The Great Devourer's destruction caused the Stone Army to awaken as a result of it's leaking venom within their underground tomb in Season 2: Legacy of the Green Ninja, which also led to The Overlord's final battle with Lloyd.
- The Overlord's defeat left him vanquished and vengeful, and in Season 3: Rebooted, he fought the Ninja. Zane seemingly died when he destroyed the Golden Master.
- After the loss of Zane, in Season 4: Tournament of Elements, the Ninja discovered his survival and went to find him on a mysterious island. They faced Master Chen and his cult of Anacondrai worshippers there, and the former and latter would both be banished to the Cursed Realm through Sensei Garmadon's sacrifice at the Battle at the Corridor of Elders - however, this allowed Morro to escape from the Cursed Realm.
- Morro possessed Lloyd in Season 5: Possession, and went on a quest to unleash The Preeminent, the physical manifestation of the Cursed Realm. He succeeded, but Nya drowned The Preeminent, destroying the realm and killing not only Morro and the Ghost Warriors, but all of the realm's prisoners (including Sensei Garmadon, Master Chen, and the Anacondrai Cultists), though Chen's right-hand man Clouse somehow managed to escape.
- In Season 6: Skybound, Djinjago, the sister realm of the Cursed Realm, collapses due to the latter's destruction. Nadakhan the Djinn, who was released from the Teapot of Tyrahn by Clouse, seeks vengeance against the Ninja, and though he nearly succeeds in winning, Jay wishes that these events never happened, undoing them all the way to before Clouse found the teapot, and he wouldn't find it as a result.
- In the show's special episode, Day of the Departed, the events weren't correlated with the previous seasons' events, though Sensei Yang's Temple of Airjitzu would be afloat as a result of the erased events of the previous season and would not be undone by Jay's last wish in the latter.
- The events of Season 7: The Hands of Time didn't directly correlate to the previous seasons' events - rather, they were in response to events from long before the pilot episodes.
- Harumi, who was orphaned after the Great Devourer's rampage, seeks to resurrect Garmadon, who died in the Cursed Realm's destruction, in his evil form. In Season 8: Sons of Garmadon, this goal is ultimately fulfilled, and the original Ninja and Wu wind up in the First Realm, while Garmadon successfully conquers Ninjago.
- The Ninja try to escape the First Realm in Season 9: Hunted, while Wu ages back to his normal self, and they succeeded. The Resistance holds up against Lord Garmadon's rule. Garmadon is defeated, but warns of a coming darkness.
- In Season 10: March of the Oni, the coming darkness, the Oni themselves, would invade and attempt to conquer the realms, including Ninjago itself, though the ninja, with the help of Lord Garmadon, defeated them, and the chain of events that have occurred ended there.