|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||I am the radiant morning star, which lights the way to the sons of man. I am the true flame of life in all the glory of flesh, blood, and my own will. So come, ye lifeless puppets of God! I shall snuff out your ostentatious lights.||„|
|~ Lucifer in Shin Megami Tensei IV.|
|“||I shall not rest until both my subjects and you humans enjoy a level of freedom you have only dreamed about, for this is the true nature of things. Chaos is the true nature of the world! The stronger, more beautiful creatures survive and continue to reproduce, naturally bettering all that live. The cycle of rebirth and destruction will continue unfettered for all eternity, improving life for all until the end of time.||„|
|~ Lucifer in Shin Megami Tensei, showing his social darwinist beliefs.|
Lucifer is a recurring important figure in the Shin Megami Tensei series. He is often seen as a noble, charismatic demon, and represents the Chaos alignment, which is associated with anarchy, war, and even freedom.
In Japanese, he was voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi in Shin Megami Tensei IV and Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse and Shinichiro Mik in Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V. In English, he was voiced by Matthew Mercer in 'Shin Megami Tensei IV and Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse and Paul Eiding in Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 3.1 Powers
- 3.2 Skills/Techniques
- 3.2.1 Physical Skills
- 3.2.2 Elemental Skills
- 3.2.3 Light Skills
- 3.2.4 Dark Skills
- 3.2.5 Ailment Skills
- 3.2.6 Support Skills
- 3.2.7 Passive Skills
- 3.2.8 Auto Skills
- 3.2.9 Racial Skills
- 3.2.10 Unique Fusion Skills
- 3.2.11 Almighty Skills
- 3.2.12 Misc. Skills
- 4 Trivia
- 5 External Links
In his human forms, Lucifer is depicted as being extremely well dressed, his Louis Cyphre form using a black/purple tuxedo, with a ring on his middle finger, as well as having black painted fingernails, also having a blue eye and a red eye, and large, platinum blonde hair, his Blond Child form being just a child version of the aforementioned form.
In his female form known as Louisa Ferre, she appears barefoot, wearing a prim white dress, and having large, platinum blonde hair.
As Hikaru, she is depicted as a teenage schoolgirl, wearing the correspondent school uniform, and carrying a teal bookbag in her right arm, with her hair being brown and her eyes being red, to hint her true nature.
In the game known as Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha VS King Abaddon, he is depicted as a young man, with short blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing a black beret, a grey trench coat, black boots and carrying a black bag.
In his Old Gentleman On A Wheelchair form, he is depicted with a white tuxedo, black shoes, and a far more decadent looking skin, with his black fingernails now being large and deformed, being also, like the name suggests, in a wheelchair, which is controlled by a mysterious woman in black, whose face is covered.
In his most used demonic form, he has a greyish green skin, having also two horns, two red eyes and six bat like demon wings.
The first demonic form that he had, which appeared in the first Megami Tensei game, looked very different, being purple, with Lucifer holding a trident with a skull in the middle blade.
In his angelic form, he looks similar to his Louis Cyphre form, but with two horns, two golden eyes and six angelic wings.
In the first persona videogame. he is depicted as a grey, faceless creature with two wings, as well as chains that are violently nailed to his arms and feet.
During Shin Megami Tensei IV, his depiction is that of a grey, bald alien-esque looking creature with black eyes, and a golden armour, with a tumor-like protuberance on his left arm, which is because he had been fused with the human known as Walter.
His second form being of light green and blue colours, also having two horns, four bizarre looking wings, two deformed feet and a deformed right hand, and his left hand now having Walter, with the appearance of a parasitic looking creature with a light blue scarf.
In Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, he has a similar appearance to the previous installment of the franchise, this time having a dark grey skin tone, being bald, with red eyes, wearing a golden armour and having a deformed right hand, as well as a tumor-looking protuberance on his left arm. Unlike in the previous game, he only attacks from a chair, which has twelve golden rays, which represent his twelve wings.
His true form, looks very different from the rest, looking very robotic, in a white colour, with 12 golden, metallic wings, as well as having spiked tips on his shoulders, hands and legs, with godly looking golden eyes.
Lucifer's personality has varied through the different games. Originally, he was portrayed as the standard, stereotypical Lord Of Darkness, who viewed humans as insects, but after characterization marched on, he began to be portrayed as a more complex, enigmatic and even morally ambiguos character, and since then, he is always portrayed as an extremely sophisticated, well-educated, and unmeasurably intelligent being who likes to wear expensive looking suits on many of his forms, and sometimes talks using a classical, Shakespearean-style english, being also very calm most of the time. Despite of this, it's worth to mention, that in many of his appearances, he emits animalistic, demonic growls, an example being the final boss battle during Nocturne. He also often emits evil laughs, mainly when using passive skills or before unleashing a devastating attack, and speaking of which, like the other demons in the series, he has no problem with ferociously attacking his enemies, as well as killing them.
Lucifer has stated that humans are beings made of god's madness, and although he has no love for humanity, he will never abandon them, and he values the freedom of individuals, although to a certain extent, since he has manipulated many humans into becoming demons. He is known for his support of Social Darwinism, believing that whoever is the fittest, has to be the one who makes the rules, and believes that this way, a coherent society would be created, and considering that both humans and demons, must not be divorced from this natural, chaotic process. He is not hypocritical in his reasoning, however, as he will accept that if an enemy defeats him, they were the one to be in the right. He is shown to enjoy fighting with powerful opponents, and is even capable of letting his opponent use their most powerful attacks on him, as he did in his fight with Raidou Kuzunoha during Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha VS King Abaddon.
While he his regularly portrayed as a being who fully supports unfettered chaos, causing it for the sake of it, and who hates order, in Strange Journey, for example, he prefers for some degree of order to exist within the human society, rather than just mindless chaos. He also has a bit of the Übermensch idea on him, since in Shin Megami Tensei II, he talks about acting on his own values, and one of his goals is to eliminate the conventional conception of morality that humanity has, and viewing himself above good and evil, with some sings of possible minor amorality.
Lucifer is also the demon who represents the Deadly Sin of Pride, and he has shown to be slightly narcissistic, viewing himself as some kind of embodiment of freedom, although he is capable of admitting his flaws. He strongly supports the idea of ambition for power, wealth, knowledge, etc.
He is known for being an extremely proficient master manipulator, having manipulated 1/3 of the angels of Heaven into following him, and regularly recruits humans or former humans that can choose to follow him. However, while not completely proven, it is very likely that Lucifer's affability is not faked, as he rarely insults his enemies, even after being defeated, not to mention that if Aleph denies Lucifer's offer of an alliance at the end of Shin Megami Tensei II, the latter will state that he doesn't want the former to be his enemy, and calmly lets him walk away. Another example of his honor, is the fact that, with the exception of SMT IV and SMT IV Apocalypse, Lucifer has always accepted demons and gods of different religions to join his army.
In Shin Megami Tensei II, it is shown that he likes to spend time in bars, and in Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha VS King Abaddon, he states that he likes to spend time in churches, as he finds them soothing.
In the Devil Children sub-series, Lucifer retains many of his personality from the mainstream series, but he is portrayed more heroically, as well as being portrayed to be a loving husband to his deceased wife and a loving father to his children.
Powers and Abilities
- High Tier Cognitive Physiology: Like all the demons on the series ("demons" in the sense of being magical creatures, and used to refer to all supernatural beings in the whole franchise, from biblical demons, to biblical angels, to the different gods in all of mythology), Lucifer possesses a great variety of powers that he has thanks to his supernatural nature, including:
- Omnipresence across space and time: Demons of Lucifer's caliber are beings that exist in not only the present, but also the past and the future, therefore, destroying them would only be destroying their present self, but not their future and past selfs.
- Superhuman Physical Characteristics:Due to him being one of the most powerful characters in the franchise, all of his physical characteristics are immeasurably superhuman.
- Immeasurable Strength: Being one of the strongest demons, his strength should be on similar grounds to the Demi-Fiend's strength, who could damage him with physical blows at the end of Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne.
- Immeasurable Speed: Even the weakest demons on the franchise can travel through the Expanse, which is a realm that is beyond the concept of space and time, making his speed in not only movement, but also reactions and combat, completely beyond any calculations.
- Immeasurable Durability: He is far more durable than creatures who are completely immune to conventional weaponry, which includes every single modern weapon combined, and he can survive direct attacks from bengs like the Demi-Fiend, Raidou Kuzunoha, Nanashi, Flynn, etc. His durability should be similar or superior to that of the Demi-Fiend, who survived the destruction of the Amala multiverse.
- Regenerative, Deathless, Reliant and Meta-Inmortality: Due to his supernatural nature, he is beyond the conventional idea of death, and can't be killed by normal, or even paranormal means.
- True Flight/Spaceflight: Lucifer can fly across the multiverse and the expanse.
- Acausality: Demons do not perceive time in the same way that a human does, since demons perceive it in a non-linear way, being completely unaffected by it's changes.
- Abstract Existence: Demons are entities born of mankind desires, despite the fact that they have always existed, and they are thought forms made of information and data.
- Beyond-Dimensional Existence: Lucifer exists in a level which is superior to the mere concept of dimensions.
- Non-Physical Interaction: He can interact with non-existent and incorporeal beings, and even harm them.
- High-Godly level Regeneration: He can regenerate even if he is erased from both existence, and non-existence alongside the multiverse.
- Respiratory, Restful and Nutritional Self-Sustenance: Demons are beings made of data, which never get tired, don't need to sleep, don't need to eat and don't even need to breathe to survive.
- Teleportation: Can teleport through different locations across all of existence.
- Power Absorption: Demons can become stronger by devouring their enemies, as shown in Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2.
- Absorption: Demons have been shown to be capable of absorbing energy, ice, fire, electricity, the life force and vitality of their enemies, their souls, etc.
- Corruption: Demons can corrupt humans into changing their thoughts and shapes.
- Pain: Can survive tremendous amount of pain that no human being could survive, including being burnt, being stabbed and slashed, being completely frozen, being poisoned, etc.
- Poisons, pressure point attacks, biological attacks and sleep inducing attacks:Since demons are beings that are entirely made of data, techniques that target pressure points, that inflict poison, that attack the enemy's biology, or that would cause a regular person to fall asleep, have absolutely no effect on a being like Lucifer.
- Telepathy, Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Morality Manipulation and Fear Manipulation: Demons are born in the Expanse, an extremely chaotic realm in which there is an infinite amount of thoughts, meaning that he is extremely resistant to psionic attacks.
- Harsh Temperatures: Including:
- Fire and Magma: Can survive fire blasts from characters that have a similar power level to him.
- Absolute Zero level Ice: Survived being frozen in Kyukaku Megami Tensei 2, and regularly tanks ice blasts from other characters. No-sells the temperature of outer space.
- Shapeshifting: Can shape his form, being able to change from an angel, to a demon, to various human forms including a child form, an old man in a wheelchair form, a young woman, or a young man, among others.
- Nigh-Omniscience: Lucifer has almost complete knowledge about the past, the future, the present, and all the occurences in other parts of reality.
- Social Influencing: Lucifer has a great level of charisma on him, and is a master manipulator who convinced 1/3 of all angels to ally with him, and can do the same with humans.
- Cosmic Awareness: Lucifer is aware of pretty much everything that happens on an outerversal scale.
- 4th Wall Awareness: Due to the fact that the chaos demons are mere aspects of himself, he should have the knowledge on the 4th wall that Ishtar has.
- Omnilingualism: Knows every language that exists and is fluent in every single one of them.
- Martial Arts Mastery: He is a master combatant who has fought angels since the beginning of time, and can easily outmatch most of his foes with no effort whatsoever. Also, due to the fact that it is implied that all the chaos aligned demons in the game are aspects of Lucifer, he should be have the same fighting skills that certain chaos aligned demons who are martial arts masters have.
- Weapon Mastery: Demons are able to use any kind of weapons, from swords, to axes, to spears, etc. Lucifer himself had his own sword in Megami Tensei 2.
- Psychokinesis: All of the demons in the series have shown to have great psychokinetic abilities, such as:
- Telepathy: Can read minds of infinite people at the same time.
- Mind Manipulation: Can inflict extreme pain on a human's psyche with absolutely no effort.
- Telekinesis: Able to move objects with his mind.
- Sleep Manipulation: Can make people sleep with his mind.
- Memory Manipulation: Can erase memories.
- Empathic Manipulation: Can manipulate the emotions of other beings.
- Madness Manipulation/Inducement: Can make a human insane with a single thought.
- God Level Magic: Lucifer is one of the most powerful sorcerers in the entire Megami Tensei franchise, having a massive list of spells and techniques that he can use to attack his enemies
- Healing: He can heal himself and others with certain spells.
- Durability and Resistance Negation: His almighty spells can negate the natural defenses and the durability of the opponent, being able to pass right through them even if they have defense.
- Technology Manipulation: Demons have been shown to be capable of manipulating and even modifying electronic devices.
- Statistics Amplification, Reduction, Damage Boost and Reduction: Lucifer can use "Buff" spells, which can boost his statistics and his damage output, and he is also capable of using "Debuff" spells which reduce the statistics and damage output of his enemies.
- Battlefield Removal: Can remove enemies and allies from the battlefield, sending them to other places.
- Sealing: He can seal enemies, he explains that demons use this techniques against each other due to their absolute immortality making them impossible to truly kill each other.
- Soul Manipulation: Capable of manipulating souls with no effort.
- Existence Erasure: Lucifer can destroy souls with his regular attacks.
- Void Manipulation: Even weaker demons are capable of eliminating entire populations of beings made of nothingness and turning them into energy. Able to affect the Primordial Void of the cosmos with his power.
- Portal Creation: Can create portals to different dimensions.
- Space-Time Manipulation/Creation: Demons of Lucifer's level can create entire space-time planes.
- Causality Manipulation: Can revert and rewind entire events that happened in the past. This somehow can even affect acausal demons.
- Life and Death Manipulation: Can instantly kill beings of comparable might to him with certain spells.
- Necromancy: Can resurrect dead beings. Resurrected Loki.
- Forcefield/Barrier Creation: Demons can create barriers to stop humans from crossing them. Can also create barriers to protect himself as shown in the Persona 4 Golden Animation.
- Energy Manipulation: Can manipulate energy of any kind, and shoot energy blasts. Some demons have covered entire universes with their energy.
- Explosion Manipulation: Can generate explosions with a single thought. Many of his elemental attacks are also explosive.
- Reality Warping: Lucifer has the power to warp reality at will, being far superior to Loki who created and maintained a universe.
- Law Manipulation: Demons of his level can manipulate the laws of existence.
- Chaos Manipulation: Lucifer can manipulate anarchy, disorder, destruction, war, freedom and free will and also cause all of this.
- Matter Manipulation: Can manipulate matter on a subatomic level.
- Deconstruction: Can break objects and beings down molecule by molecule.
- Quantum Manipulation: Can manipulate from tiny particles to entire multiverses.
- Animal Manipulation: Can control demonic beasts. Scales from weaker demons like Pazuzu who could summon plagues.
- Elemental Manipulation: He can manipulate many elements of nature, such as:
- Absolute Zero Ice Manipulation: Can generate ice which is cold enough to freeze his enemies, many of which are beings that are above the laws of physics:
- Fire manipulation: Can generate massive exploding fireballs which incinerate his enemies.
- Electricity manipulation: Can emit powerful lightning bolts, and is even able to electrocute the entire fighting arena with his High King technique.
- Water Manipulation: Can manipulate water and use water spells.
- Earth Manipulation: Can cause earthquakes with his mind, as well as being capable of using earth skills.
- Magma Manipulation: Can mix his fire and earth manipulation abilities, as well as use skills such as Magma Axis.
- Air Manipulation: Can manipulate air, and use air attacks such as the Carnal Winds technique.
- Light Manipulation: Can emit flashes of light and uses light based attacks.
- Darkness Manipulation: Can use darkness to distort space and time.
- Weather Manipulation: Can create storms.
- Gravity Manipulation: Can change the gravity of any place with his mind, and should be capable of using gravity skills.
- Magnetism Manipulation: Capable of manipulating the magnetic fields of objects.
- Nigh-Omniscience: Lucifer has almost complete knowledge about the past, the future, the present, and all the occurences in other parts of reality.
Due to the fact that all the chaos alignment demons are just aspects of himself, Lucifer is capable of using all the skills that all of the chaos demons have been capable of using, as well as using some unique ones that belong only to him.
Physical skills, are strength based attacks that can be performed either through standard melee attacks, or through skills, with or without weapons, and they are divided in multiple groups.
Punch: A basic attack which deals blunt damage to a single enemy.
Attack: The most basic energy attack, which deals low physical damage to an enemy.
Roar: Damage and bind to all enemies.
Roundhouse Kick: Medium Kick damage to one enemy.
Knee Kick: Low damage to an enemy.
Elbow Smash: Low damage to an enemy.
Gigantomachia: An attack that deals colossal damage to all enemies.
Mighty Hit Deals a guaranteed critical hit to one enemy.
Madness Nails: Deals 2 to 4 heavy physical attacks to random enemies.
Hysterical Slap: Light strike damage to one enemy.
Sonic Punch: Medium strike damage to one enemy.
Gigantic Fist: Heavy strike damage to one enemy.
God's Hand: Severe strike damage to one enemy.
Feral Claw/Scratch: A demonic attack that deals Small strike damage to one enemy.
Feral Bite: A demonic strike that deals Medium physical damage to one foe.
Stun/Paralyzing Bite: Medium physical damage as well as 40% of stun to one foe.
Venom/Poisonous Bite: Medium physical damage as well as 40% of poison to one foe.
Venom Claw/Poisonous Scratch: Small strike damage, with the adherent of a poisonous effect to one enemy.
Stun Claw/Paralyzing Scratch: Small strike damage, with the adherent of a paralyzing effect to one enemy.
Stone Bite: Medium physical damage, and 60% of Stone (Petrification) to one foe.
Stone Claw: Light physical damage and petrification of one foe.
Akasha Arts: Heavy strike damage to all foes.
Pressure Point/Vital Thrust: A martial skill that deals instant strike kill to one enemy/Renders an enemy unconscious (Depending on the game).
Extra Cancel: Inflicts light Physical damage on one enemy, removes its Extra Turn, and bestows an Extra Turn to the user if the target had an Extra Turn.
Snipe: Inflicts unavoidable, light attack to one enemy.
Fatal Strike: Inflicts unavoidable, light attack to one enemy.
Final Hit: Severe damage to one enemy,
Anger Hit: Critical damage to one enemy.
Piercing Hit: Moderate physical damage to one enemy, which cannot be absorbed, avoided or blocked.
Death Call: Instantly kills all enemies suffering from Poison, Paralyze, Stone, or Charm ailment.
Holy Strike: Inflicts Strength-relative Almighty damage on one enemy.
Assassinate: Inflicts heavy Physical damage on one enemy. Ignores ally defense bonus and deals increased damage when used against enemy team leaders.
Photon Cannon: High Havoc damage to all enemies.
Lunge: Deals medium Havoc damage to one enemy.
Myriad Arrows: Deals heavy physical damage to all foes.
Ice Blade: Low sword damage as well as low ice damage to one enemy.
Flame Cut: Low sword damage as well as low fire damage to one enemy.
Hades Blast: Deals heavy Sword damage to 1 to 3 foes. The damage output increases according to the user's HP.
Arm Chopper: Medium slash damage to one enemy
Blight: Medium slash damage to all enemies.
Heatwave: Medium slash damage to all enemies.
Brave Blade: Heavy slash damage to one enemy.
Hell Thrust: Light Rush damage to one foe, which inflicts Close.
Megaton Press: Heavy Rush damage to 2 to 4 enemies.
Cleave: Light Rush damage to all foes.
Tackle: Medium Rush damage to one enemy.
A type of skill that was only present during the Digital Devil Saga duology, in where the user could devour their enemies to gain more power, and although Lucifer didn't appear there, many chaos demons did, and for that reason, and because demons have been shown to be able to gain more power by devouring enemies in other videogames outside from the Digital Saga duology, he should have all of the hunt skills, which are:
Devour: Light hunt damage to one enemy.
Feed Frenzy: Light hunt damage to random enemies.
Insatiable: Medium hunt damage to all enemies.
Rend Asunder: Medium hunt damage to one enemy.
Consume: Heavy hunt damage to one enemy.
Devil Feast: Fatal hunt damage to one enemy, with low odds.
Great Feast: Fatal hunt damage to all enemies, with low odds.
Full Banquet: Fatal hunt damage to one enemy, with high odds.
New Banquet: Fatal hunt damage to one enemy, with high odds.
Ingest: Fatal hunt damage to one enemy, with high odds.
Last Meal: Fatal hunt damage to all enemies, with high odds.
Agi: Light fire damage to one enemy.
Maragi: Light fire damage to all enemies.
Agilao: Medium fire damage to one enemy.
Maragion: Medium fire damage to all enemies.
Agidyne: Heavy fire damage to one enemy.
Maragidyne: Heavy fire damage to all enemies.
Agibarion: Severe fire damage to one enemy.
Maragibarion: Severe fire damage to all enemies.
Fire Breath: Light fire damage to random enemies.
Fireball: Medium fire damage to 1 to 3 enemies.
Hellfire: Medium fire damage to random enemies.
Inferno: Heavy fire damage to random enemies.
Trisagion: Severe fire damage to one enemy.
Maralagidyne: Sever fire damage to all enemies.
Prominence: Heavy fire damage to a random enemy.
Magma Axis: Fire damage that is relative to the user's Magic Points.
Inferno Of God: Heavy fire damage to all enemies.
Bufu: Light ice damage to one enemy.
Mabufu: Light ice damage to all enemies.
Bufula: Medium ice damage to one enemy.
Mabufula: Medium ice damage to all enemies.
Bufudyne: Heavy ice damage to one enemy.
Mabufudyne: Heavy ice damage to all enemies.
Bufubarion: Severe ice damage to one enemy.
Mabufubarion: Severe ice damage to all enemies.
Ice Breath: Light ice damage to random enemies.
Absolute Zero/Glacial Blast: Moderate ice damage to a group of enemies.
Hailstorm Of God: Heavy ice damage to all enemies.
Zio: Light electric damage to one enemy.
Mazio: Light electric damage to all enemies.
Zionga: Medium electric damage to one enemy.
Mazionga: Medium electric damage to all enemies.
Ziodyne: Heavy electric damage to one enemy.
Maziodyne: Heavy electric damage to all enemies.
Ziobarion: Severe electric damage to one enemy.
Maziobarion: Severe electric damage to all enemies.
Thunder Baptism: Medium electric damage to all enemies.
Lightning Of God: Heavy electric damage to all enemies.
Garu: Light wind damage to one enemy.
Magaru: Light wind damage to all enemies.
Garula: Medium wind damage to one enemy.
Magarula: Medium wind damage to all enemies.
Garudyne: Heavy wind damage to one enemy.
Magarudyne: Heavy wind damage to all enemies.
Zan: Light force damage to one enemy.
Mazan: Light force damage to all enemies.
Zanma: Medium force damage to one enemy.
Mazanma: Medium force damage to all enemies.
Zandyne: Heavy force damage to one enemy.
Mazandyne: Heavy force damage to all enemies.
Zanbarion: Severe force damage to one enemy.
Mazanbarion: Severe force damage to all enemies.
Tornado Of God: Heavy force damage to all enemies.
Magna: Light Earth damage to one enemy.
Tera: Light Earth damage to one enemy.
Mamagna: Light Earth damage to one group of enemies.
Matera: Light Earth damage to one group of enemies.
Magnara: Medium Earth damage to one enemy.
Terazi: Medium Earth damage to one enemy.
Mamagnara: Medium Earth damage to one group of enemies.
Materazi: Medium Earth damage to one group of enemies.
Magnadyne: Heavy Earth Damage to one enemy.
Teradyne: Heavy Earth Damage to one enemy.
Mamagnadyne: Heavy Earth Damage to one group of enemies.
Materadyne: Heavy Earth Damage to one group of enemies.
Titanomachia: Extreme Earth damage to all enemies.
Aqua: Light water damage to one enemy.
Malaqua: Light water damage to one group of enemies.
Aques: Medium water damage to one enemy.
Malaques: Medium water damage to one group of enemies.
Aquadyne: Heavy water damage to one enemy.
Malaquadyne: Heavy water damage to one group of enemies.
Gry: Light Gravity damage to one enemy.
Magry: Light Gravity damage to one group of enemies.
Gryva: Medium Gravity damage to one enemy.
Magryva: Medium Gravity damage to one group of enemies.
Grydyne: Heavy Gravity damage to one enemy.
Magrydyne: Heavy Gravity damage to one group of enemies.
Psi: Light Psy damage to one enemy.
Psio: Medium Psy damage to one enemy.
Psiodyne: Heavy Psy damage to one enemy.
Mapsi: Light Psy damage to all enemies.
Mapsio: Medium Psy damage to all enemies.
Mapsiodyne: Heavy Psy damage to all enemies.
Brain Burst: Light Psy damage and Bind.
Psycho Force: Severe Psy damage to one enemy.
Psycho Blast: Severe Psy damage to all enemies.
Hama: Low odds fatal Light skill to one enemy.
Mahama: Low odds fatal Light kill to all enemies.
Hamaon: High odds fatal Light skill to one enemy.
Mahamaon: High odds fatal Light skill to all enemies.
Hamabarion: Severe Light attack to one foe. Chance of instakill when striking weakness.
Mahamabarion: Severe Light attack to all foes. Chance of instakill when striking weakness.
Dia: Low level healing to one ally.
Media: Low level healing to all allies.
Diarama: Medium level healing to one ally.
Mediarama: Medium level healing to all allies.
Diarahan: Full level healing to one ally.
Mediarahan: Full level healing to all allies.
Charmdi: Removes Charm status from one ally.
Posumudi: Removes Poison status from one ally.
Me Patra: Heals all allies from Panic, Distress and Fear.
Patra: Same as Me Patra, but only works with one ally.
Re Patra: Recovers one ally from Down and Dizzy
Enradi: Removes the Rage status from one ally.
Strandi: Removes the Strain status from one ally.
Mutudi/Closedi: Removes the Mute status from one ally.
Petradi: Removes the Stone status from one ally.
Paraladi: Removes the Paralyze status from one ally.
Kotoludi: Removes the Possesion ailment from one ally.
Bombdi: Removes the Bomb status from one ally.
Achedi: Removes the Ache status from one ally.
Mudo: Low odds fatal Dark skill to one enemy.
Mamudo: Low odds fatal Dark skill to all enemies.
Mudoon: High odds fatal Dark skill to one enemy.
Mamudoon: High odds fatal Dark skill to all enemies.
Dark Verdict: Fatal Dark skill to all enemies.
Omega Cluster: Special, fatal Dark skill to all enemies.
Poisma: Inflicts Poison.
Shibaboo: Inflicts Bind.
Paralama: Inflicts Paralyze.
Makajam: Inflicts Mute.
Dormina: Inflicts Sleep.
Marin Karin: Inflicts Charm.
Tentarafoo: Inflicts Panic.
Hapirma: Inflicts Happy.
Pandemic Bomb: Inflicts 70% of sickness to all foes.
Sexy Dance: Inflicts the Charm ailment on all foes.
Tarukaja: Increases physical attack power by one level. (One ally)
Matarukaja: Increases physical attack power by one level. (All Allies)
Makakaja: Increases magical power by one level. (One ally)
Mamakakaja: Increases magical power by one level. (All allies)
Rakukaja: Increases physical defense by one level. (One ally)
Marakukaja: Increases physical defense by one level. (All allies)
Samakaja: Increases magical defense by one level. (One ally)
Masamakaja: Increases magical defense by one level. (All allies)
Sukukaja: Increases agility by one level. (One ally)
Masukukaja: Increases agility by one level. (All allies)
Dekunda: Removes all -nda effects. (All allies).
Tarunda: Decreases physical attack power by one level. (One foe)
Matarunda: Decreases physical attack power by one level. (All foes)
Makanda: Decreases magical power by one level. (One foe)
Mamakanda: Decreases magical power by one level. (All foes)
Rakunda: Decreases physical defense by one level. (One foe)
Marakunda: Decreases physical defense by one level. (All foes)
Sukunda: Decreases agility by one level. (One foe)
Masukunda: Decreases agility by one level. (All foes)
Dekaja: Removes all "kaja" effects. (All foes)
Debilitate: Decreases every parameter by one level. (One/All foes)
Fog Breath: Decreases agility by two levels. (All foes)
War Cry: Decreases attack power and magic power by two levels. (All foes)
Luster Candy: Increases every parameter by one level. (All allies)
Power Charge: Lucifer's next physical attack power more than doubles.
Mind Charge: Lucifer's next magic attack power more than doubles.
Taunt: Increases attack power by two levels, and decreases enemy's defense by two levels. (All foes)
Arms Master: Halves HP cost for physical skills.
Spell Master: Halves SP cost for magic skills.
Shadow Of Grief: Recovers SP while draining damage from attacks.
+Poison: Physical attacks may inflict poison.
+Paralyze: Physical attacks may inflict paralysis.
+Stone: Physical attacks may inflict petrification.
+Forget: Physical attacks may inflict the Forget ailment.
Drain Hit: Physical hits restore HP equal to 25% of damage done.
Life Bonus: Max HP +10%.
Life Surge: Max HP +30%.
Life Stream: Max HP +50%.
Mana Bonus: MP +10%.
Mana Surge: MP +30%.
Mana Stream: Max MP +50%.
Spirit Gain: Max HP and MP +20%.
Hero Aid: Critical rate +25%.
Ares Aid: Critical rate +50%.
Crit Up Strike: Increases damage dealt by critical hits by 50%, making the critical multiplier x2 instead of x1.5.
Quick Move: Increases speed during a skirmish.
Swift Step: Greatly increases speed during a skirmish.
Attack All: Regular attack hits all enemies. Compatible with Double Strike and Ultimate Hit.
Double Strike: Converts regular attack into Double Strike, which adds a small attack (25% damage) in addition to the regular attack. If combined with Ultimate Hit, the attack becomes Twin Ultimate. Compatible with Attack All and Ultimate Hit.
Extra Bonus: Increases chance of removing Extra Turns. Neutral-hitting attacks by the user may randomly gain or remove Extra Turns.
Preserve Extra: Reduces chance of character's Extra Turns being removed. Neutral-hitting attacks by the user may randomly gain or remove Extra Turns.
Pierce Phys: Physical attacks cannot be resisted, nullified, or absorbed.
Counter Phys: Low chance of retaliating when struck with a physical attack.
Retaliate Phys: Moderate chance of retaliating when struck with a physical attack.
Avenge Phys: High chance of retaliating when struck with a physical attack.
Dual Shadow: 5% chance of the character repeating the attack they just performed.
Extra One: The character always has an Extra Turn in battle.
Phys Up: Physical damage +10%.
Phys Boost: Physical damage +20%.
Phys Amp: Physical damage +50%.
Fire Boost: Fire damage +20%.
Fire Amp: Fire damage +50%.
Ice Boost: Ice damage +20%.
Ice Amp: Ice damage +50%.
Elec Boost: Elec damage +20%.
Elec Amp: Elec damage +50%.
Force Boost: Force damage +20%.
Force Amp: Force damage +50%.
Grimoire: Greatly increases chance of inflicting status ailments.
Race-O: Damage done to an opponent of the same race as the character +50%.
Race-D: Damage taken from an opponent of the same race as the character -50%. Ultimate Hit: Converts regular attack to Ultimate Hit, which has the Almighty attribute. If combined with Double Strike, the attack becomes Twin Ultimate. Compatible with Double Strike and Attack All.
Anti-Phys: Resists damage from Physical attacks.
Anti-Fire: Vi5 Resists damage from Fire attacks.
Anti-Ice: Resists damage from Ice attacks.
Anti-Elec: Resists damage from Electric attacks.
Anti-Force: Resists damage from Force attacks.
Anti-Curse: Resists damage from Curse attacks, reduces chance of suffering from Curse-based ailments.
Anti-Most: Resists damage from all attacks and Curse-based ailments except for Physical and Almighty attacks.
Anti-All: Resists damage from all attacks and Curse-based ailments except Almighty attacks.
Null Phys: Provides immunity to Physical attacks.
Null Fire: Provides immunity to Fire attacks.
Null Ice: Provides immunity to Ice attacks.
Null Elec: Provides immunity to Electric attacks.
Null Force: Provides immunity to Force attacks.
Null Curse: Provides immunity to Curse attacks and Curse-based ailments.
Phys Drain: Absorbs Physical attacks.
Fire Drain: Absorbs Fire attacks.
Ice Drain: Absorbs Ice attacks.
Elec Drain: Absorbs Electric attacks.
Force Drain: Absorbs Force attacks.
Phys Repel: Reflects Physical attacks.
Fire Repel: Reflects Fire attacks.
Ice Repel: Reflects Ice attacks.
Elec Repel: Reflects Electric attacks.
Force Repel: Reflects Force attacks.
Anti-Ailment: Reduces chances of suffering from any ailment.
Anti-Almighty: Reduces damage taken from Almighty attacks.
Endure: Withstand one fatal blow once per skirmish with 1 HP remaining.
Dodge: Increases evasion against Physical attacks.
Watchful: Character gains a small additional portion of EXP earned by the main character while not assigned to a team.
Vigilant: Character gains 96% (Demons gain 80%) of EXP earned by the main character when not assigned to a team; Character gains 120% EXP when deployed in combat.
Moneybags: Team gains 20% more Macca after each skirmish.
Life Aid: 10% max HP is restored at the end of every skirmish.
Life Lift: 20% max HP is restored at the end of every skirmish.
Mana Aid: 10% max MP is restored at the end of every skirmish.
Victory Cry: 25% max HP and 13% max MP is restored at the end of every skirmish.
Blitzkrieg: Offense +25%.
Weaken: Enemy defense -25%.
Debilitate: Enemy hit rate, evasion, and defense -25%.
Hustle: Hit rate and evasion +25%.
Fortify: Defense +25%.
Tailwind: Agility +5.
Wall: Tetrakarn at the start of the skirmish.
Barrier: Casts Makarakarn at the start of the skirmish.
Strengthen: Neutralizes all elemental weaknesses within the team.
Ban Phys: Cancels the first Physical attack during the skirmish.
Ban Fire: Cancels the first Fire attack during the skirmish.
Ban Ice: Cancels the first Ice attack during the skirmish.
Ban Elec: Cancels the first Elec attack during the skirmish.
Ban Force: Cancels the first Force attack during the skirmish.
Ban Curse: Cancels the first Curse attack during the skirmish.
Rage Soul: Doubles damage output, but normal attack can only be selected.
Pierce+: Team members gain Pierce.
Full Might: Casts Might Call at the start of the skirmish.
Marksman: Physical attacks cannot miss.
Grimoire: Team members gain Grimoire.
Desperation: Team gains speed bonus in battle, but loses all initial Extra Turns.
Null Auto: Prevents enemy Auto Skills from activating.
Battle Aura: Blocks all attacks that do 50 damage or less per hit.
Endure+: Team members gain Endure.
Magic Yang: MP costs for both teams halved.
Magic Yin: Magic damage by team +50%, but MP costs are doubled and Physical attacks cannot be made.
Health Save: HP costs for both teams reduced by 75%.
Alter Pain: Team members regenerate a small amount of MP relative to the damage they have taken.
Revive: Casts Recarm on any fallen team members at the start of the skirmish.
Healing: Casts Media at the start of the skirmish if any team members are injured.
Rejuvenate: Casts Diarahan on a heavily injured team member at the start of the skirmish.
Grace: Casts Prayer at the start of the skirmish if any team members are heavily injured or suffering from an ailment.
Normal: Tyranny: Restores MP to team, depending on the damage dealt, at the end of skirmish. Also delays enemy's turn after skirmish, and reduces the foe's iniciative.
Enhanced: Bloody Treaty: Additional option to triple effectiveness of all HP and MP drain and recovery during this turn's skirmish(es).
Unique Fusion Skills
Any fire skill + Any earth skill + Asteroid Bomb from Lucifer =
Meteor Crush: A heavy meteor rain that generates Almighty damage.
Lucifer's Another Dimension + Poltergeist's Gry + Surt's Agidyne + Beelzebub's Chaos Element =
Great War Of Hell: Randomly attacks the enemy's party 16 times.
Lucifer's Omega Cluster + Satan's Alpha Blaster =
Armageddon: Destroys all the enemies. Works for all bosses except for Philemon.
The highest and most powerful class of spells in the Megami Tensei franchise, which consists of extremely powerful non-elemental attacks that have the special property of completely bypassing any resistances or immunities that a target may possess, be them innate or magically enforced, with the latter of which including anything from reflective barriers to items that distort the very laws of the universe in order to protect the user from all forms of damage, and they are very likewise unable to blocked, dodged or drained.
Megido: The most basic skill of the "Megido-" line, which deals medium almighty damage to all of his enemies.
Megidola: The natural evolution of the aforementioned Megido skill, which deals heavy damage to all of his enemies.
Megidolaon: Unleashes a wave of destructive energy which deals heavy damage to all foes to different degrees each, and also has the added effect of forcibly dragging an opponent into its area of effect should they be outside of it, engulfing them in "the complete annihilation beyond death."
Megidoladyne: The most powerful member of the "Megido-" family of skills, which deals heavy almighty damage that covers the entire battlefield, and whose destructive power increases by 50% in relation to its previous instance with each use.
High King: Unleashes a gigantic stream of electricity from his hands, affecting all foes within range and having a 100% chance of inflicting Bind upon them.
Root of Evil: Summons a wave of darkness that distorts time itself and deals a random status effect to all foes, which includes reducing their total health by 1/2, 3/4 or 9/10 and inflicting poison, mute or stun.
Cocytus Pain: Deals almighty ice damage to all enemies and inflicts the Freeze ailment.
Morning Star: Releases a vast light, or a massive meteor looking star at his foes, cutting the vitality of all foes in half.
Asteroid Bomb: Summons a giant wave of asteroids, which deals massive damage to an enemy.
Antichthon: Deals heavy almighty damage to all foes while simultaneously reducing all of their statistics by one rank.
Life Drain/Bloodsuck: A special, weak Almighty Skill, in which the user drains Health Points from his foe, adding it to himself.
Spirit Drain/Mana Drain: A special Almighty Skill, in which the user drains Mana Points from his foe, adding it to himself.
Energy Drain: A special Almighty Skill, in which the user drains both Health Points and Mana Points from his foe, adding it to himself.
Analyze: Shows the information of an enemy.
Estoma: Reduces the probability of encountering weaker foes.
Possession: Lucifer enters the body of his enemy to deal high damage, with 50% of probability of killing them.
Omni-Dimension/Multi-Dimension: 20% chance of killing one enemy/20% chance of rendering an enemy unconscious (Depending on the game).
Another Dimension: 30% chance of instantly killing all enemies/40% chance of rendering all enemies unconscious (Depending on the game).
- His Louis Cyphre form has one blue eye, and one red eye, this being known in real life has Heterochromia.
- His Louis Cyphre form is based on the late, legendary singer David Bowie, with his mismatched eyes being parallel to David Bowie's eye condition.
- It's also worth to mention, that the idea behind his Louis Cyphre form, is based on the name from the character known as "Louis Cypher", who was portrayed by Robert De Niro in the 1987 movie, Angel Heart, and who was also Lucifer in a human disguise.
- Kazuma Kaneko, the demon designer of the Shin Megami Tensei series, has stated that Lucifer isn't inherently evil, but rather, a figure that tests and tempts the protagonists through the franchise.
- In Lucifer's artwork for the game known as Kyuyaku Megami Tensei, he has the word "Astaroth" written on his left hand.
- During Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniax, Lucifer's stats and rewards were all set to 65,535 (HP, SP, Experience and Macca.) It is worth to mention that this particular number is common in the field of computing as it is 2^16-1, the highest number that can be represented by an unsigned 16-bit binary number. This implies his stats are the highest possible they can get.
- Curiously, Lucifer is commonly adressed with the pronoun; "Excelency" (閣下, kakka in Japanese), instead of simply being refered to as "you" by other demons.
- While it is true that many interpretations depict Lucifer taking the name of Satan after his fall from grace, Lucifer and Satan are portrayed as two distinct characters in the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, and Lucifer himself is rarely addressed as Satan throughout the Megami Tensei series; Instead, he is only addressed by his name, Lucifer, or to some extent, the Great Demon or King of Dark (魔王, Demon King in Japanese).
- The appearance that Lucifer had in Shin Megami Tensei IV was drawn by Yasushi Nirasawa, who created Asmodeus' design.
- Interestingly, Lucifer's ideology, as well as the Chaos Faction ideology in general, has been associated with some obscure and bizarre real life extremist political ideologies, as well as many philosophies, mainly Avaritionism (also known as Ego-Darwinism), National Anarchism and Anarcho-Monarchism, but it also has ties to Nietzscheanism, Deep Ecology, Eco-Fascism, Bio-Punk, etc.
Lucifer on the Megami Tensei Wiki
Louis Cyphre on the Megami Tensei Wiki
Hikaru on the Megami Tensei Wiki
Lucifer on the Shin Megami Tensei Dx2 Liberation Wiki
Lucifer on the VS Battles Wiki
Lucifer on the Omniversal Battlefield Wiki
Lucifer on the Personality Database