If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||You also rule a world, Morpheus. A world of sleepers and dreamers, of stories. A simple place compared to hell. I envy you. Can you imagine what it was like? Ten billion years providing a place for dead mortals to torture themselves? And like all masochists, they called the shots. 'Burn me.' 'Freeze me.' 'Eat me.' 'Hurt me.' And we did. Why do they blame me for all their little failings? They use my name as if I spent my entire day sitting on their shoulders, forcing them to commit acts they would otherwise find repulsive. 'The Devil made me do it.' I have never made any one of them do anything. Never. They live their own tiny lives. I do not live their lives for them.||„|
|~ Lucifer Morningstar describing his life of being the Devil.|
Lucifer Morningstar is a fallen angel who appears as an anti-superhero/anti-supervillain from the DC comics. He has taken the role of Satan on several occasions, though he has abandoned such power in favor of a more neutral existence - though beings such as Lucifer can never truly be redeemed.
A long time ago, Lucifer was sent into the Chaoplasm for rebelling againt Heaven. The Chaosplasm then became Hell, both Lucifer's prison and kingdom. He later also was forced to share some of his power when the Great Darkness returned.
At some time, Dream of the Endless went into hell, hunting for his stolen helm. After finding his helm and seeing Lucifer, he threatened him that he would kill him.
After ten billion years of ruling Hell, Lucifer stopped ruling it. He also became bored with life and the falsehoods man spread about him. Because of this, he kicked everyone out of hell, locked it's gates, and handed it's key to Dream of the Endless, which later went into Duma's and Reimel's hands.
Heading to Earth, he now owns Lux, a bar in Los Angeles with Mazikeen. Said to be sophisticated and charming with a deadly and prideful underbelly, he is also stated to be both smart, powerful, and good-looking. He also has a code of honor of sorts, not lying, always paying back debts, and always doing what he says.
His retirement was later interupted by several of his former associates, where he, for her father. went ahead and made a universe. This event caused him, with several other deities, to make a new host of angels.
Powers and Abilities
- Nigh-Omnipotence: Being one of the most powerful Angels/Demons of the DC Omniverse itself, Lucifer wields near-unlimited power under his belt, capable of doing almost anything he wants he has absolute will,near-unlimited strength,durability, capable of doing almost anything he just can't shape things without his Brother Michael who could create and destroy anything with his power, and Samael is very present on not using his powers all the time displaying just how powerful he is.
- Nigh-Omniscience: Lucifer is the smartest of any being that isn't Omniscient like his father Yahweh even with age of being billions of years old knowing any and all magic and other such things he is capable of looking at objects and gaining knowledge about it this was shown when at will he gathered 20 billion years of knowledge just by looking at a multiverse, and he is so smart he can tell someone about their life just by a touch, and even knowing how certain unknown events play out.
- Near-Omnipresence: He can exist almost anywhere in both space and time as shown in the void when he travels else where with it displaying all the alternate versions of himself from across different universes and timelines.
- Immortality: Samael is so immortal that not even Death herself can claim his soul since he is a higher order this is made clear even if he wanted to he simply can't die unless Yahweh (His father) permits it.
In other media
Lucifer appears in the film Constantine, portrayed by Peter Stormare. This film's adaptation of Lucifer wears a pure white suit and has tattoos visible at the sleeves and neckline, implying a full body design, while constantly dripping a black oil from his feet that leaves footprints. In the film, Lucifer loathes John Constantine with such vigor that his soul is the only one he would ever come to personally collect.
Lucifer Morningstar stars as the titular main protagonist/anti-hero in the TV series Lucifer, played by Tom Ellis.
In the show, he is bored of his role of ruling Hell, and so he rebels, abandoning the Underworld to go live in the mortal world, more specifically Los Angeles, where he runs a nightclub called Lux with his demon companion, Mazikeen "Maze". When a celebrity he did business with is gunned-down before him, he sets out to find out who ordered the hit, but Maze is concerned that he's showing empathy for mortals. He currently assists L.A.P.D. detective Chloe Decker in solving various cases, using his ability to compel people to speak their honest opinions and secrets to get what he wants. Meanwhile, the angel Amenadiel appears to Lucifer and tries convincing him to go back to Hell, as he'll have to take Lucifer's place if he doesn't go back, who then releases a psychotic damned soul named Malcolm Graham to ensure that Lucifer returns to Hell by force, which backfires and forces the two to work together to send him back.
In Season 2, he's reunited with his mother, who escapes from Hell at the end of Season 1. He is later forced to confront her after she plans to return to Heaven to wreak vengeance on God for banishing her, and starts willingly hurting any mortal who gets in her way. In Season 3, Lucifer finds himself with his angel wings regrown, and must hunt down the one who kidnapped him and did so. His only suspect is a criminal mastermind known as "the Sinnerman", who was later revealed to be the L.A.P.D.'s new lieutenant, Marcus Pierce a.k.a. Cain. He is also forced to confront his feelings for Chloe Decker. At the end of the season, his face is unintentionally revealed to Decker.
In Season 4, Lucifer is faced with several dilemmas that affect his life: Chloe trying to accept his face, the return of the original sinner Eve; a fanatical priest named Father Kinley who is trying to send him back to Hell because of a prophecy that spoke of him and his "first love" unleashing evil on Earth; and trying to struggle with hating himself for his past actions. At the end of the season, after demons briefly visit Earth to replace him with Amenadiel's son, Lucifer returns to Hell to stop them, but not before confessing his love for Chloe.
- Creator Neil Gaiman explained that Lucifer's design was based on the late legendary singer David Bowie.
Season 1: Malcolm Graham | Amenadiel | Jacob Williams | Jimmy Barnes | Carmen Grant | Vanessa Dunlear | Lucifer Morningstar