|“||Pokémon Trainers. I come to you by the Holo Caster to make an important announcement. Listen well. Team Flare will revive the ultimate weapon, eliminate everyone who isn't in our group, and return the world to a beautiful, natural state. Unproductive fools are consuming our future... If nothing changes, the world will become ugly and conflicts will raze the land from end to end. I repeat. We will use the ultimate weapon and wipe the slate clean. I'm sorry, those of you who are not members of Team Flare, but this is adieu to you all.||„|
|~ Lysandre's speech that reveals that his goal is to wipe out all life on Earth.|
Lysandre (in Japanese: フラダリ Fuladari) is the main antagonist of the 2013 Pokémon video games Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, a minor antagonist in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, and the main antagonist of the Pokémon anime season Pokémon: XY & Z. He is the boss of Team Flare.
In Japanese, he was voiced by Hideaki Tezuka in the anime and Hiroki Tōchi in Pokémon Generations. In English, he was voiced by Tyler Bunch in the anime.
Lysandre is a pale man, with blue eyes and with pointed red hair and beard. He is also a very tall man. Lysandre also wears a black suit, lined in red and black dress shoes. He also wears a pair of black gloves with no fingers, and as having a Mega Ring on his left middle finger.
Lysandre at first seems to be a kind and thoughtful man who loves Pokémon and sees the beauty in everything. In truth, Lysandre is so obsessed with preserving the beauty in the world that he wants to exterminate all humans and Pokémon, that are not members of Team Flare in order to protect them from selfish humans trying to exploit them. and also to preserve the planets limited resources
Lysandre is also shown to be hypocritical, because despite all his preaching about human greed, Lysandre himself is quite greedy, as it costs five million Pokédollars to join Team Flare. And also he is pretty selfish himself despite it being one of the main reasons for his goal.
But despite all of this, Lysandre is not completely heartless as at a few points he expresses remorse at the thought of killing many humans and Pokémon but he genuinely feels that this is the best thing for them in the long run. And also unlike many other villainous leaders, Lysandre is shown to treat his Pokémon well and even have a bond with them, especially in the Anime, as shown by his Gyarados being able to Mega-Evolve.
In the anime, it's shown that Lysandre along with Team Flare were once good people who helped a town that was devastated. But he eventually realized that the people were becoming greedy and arrogant so he changed his motive.
- Lysandre's role of being Team Flare's leader can be considered obvious as he goes on long tangents about beauty and global destruction, has fiery red hair, dresses like someone associated with Team Flare, and owns a café that Team Flare members frequent.
- Lysandre is the inventor of the Holo Caster.
- Lysandre is the descendant of the brother of AZ (the ancient king of Kalos). AZ was similar to Lysandre, as they both used the Ultimate Weapon in an attempt to "beautify" the world, or purify it from what they deemed as "corruption".
- Lysandre is one of three people in the main storyline to use a Mega Pokémon during battle, the others being the fighting-type Gym Leader Korrina and the Kalos Champion Diantha. After defeating the Elite Four and Diantha, the player's primary rival (Serena or Calem) gains the ability to use Mega Evolution as well.
- Lysandre's cybernetic suit, the Lysandre Machine, was meant to be used to drain Xerneas/Yveltal's power into the ultimate weapon. It was invented by the electric-type Gym Leader, Clemont.
- Elite Four member Malva was a member of Team Flare, and therefore knew Lysandre.
- Lysandre's Mienshao is the only Pokémon on his team that isn't a dual-type.
- This isn't the case in Pokémon Ultra Sun, due having Xerneas a pure Fairy type on his team.
- Curiously, unlike most villains, Lysandre expresses friendly feelings towards the player and sends frequent messages to him/her on the Holocaster to dispense advice or sayings that espouse Team Flare ideology. When he reveals himself to be the leader of Team Flare, he invites the player to join Team Flare rather than threatening to wipe them out, citing his/her "great potential" to make the world a better place.
- Lysandre's Gyarados knows Iron Head and Outrage, which it cannot learn unless if taught from a Move Tutor. This can be done either by trading with Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, or importing it from Generation V through Pokémon Bank after learning it from Generation IV or V's Move Tutors.
- Lysandre's hairstyle was stylized to somewhat resemble a male Pyroar's mane, one of his Pokémon.
- In the anime, Lysandre is the only major antagonist to own a shiny Pokémon, being his Gyarados.
- This also makes Lysandre the only character to both have a shiny Pokémon and having the ability to enable mega evolution on said Pokémon.