|“||Miltia: Melanie, who is this girl?
Melanie: I don't know, Miltia, but we should teach her a lesson.
|~ Melanie and Miltia confronting Yang.|
Melanie and Miltiades "Miltia" Malachite, or better known as the Malachite Sisters, are a pair of black-haired twins in the world of Remnants and minor antagonists of RWBY. The twin sisters first appear in the "Yellow" Trailer as the secondary antagonists and are shown to be bodyguards working for Junior.
They are both voiced by Maggie Tominey in the English dub, who also voiced Deery in the same series. And they both voiced by Aya Suzaki in the Japanese dub, who also voiced Poses OII in Robot Girls Z anime series.
Melanie is a girl in her teenage years. Having black hair and green eyes, she wears a white dress with a cyan tint in some places and white shoes with blades attached at the heels. She also wears a flower hairpin, a white scarf, white gloves, "wings", a silver belt, and makeup.
Miltia is a similar age to her sister and with similar eyes and hair but wears a red dress, gloves, and boots. She also wears feathers above her ear.
Although having a lack of lines, Melanie seems to have an arrogant and confident personality. Militia also has little lines but is more kind and shy than her sister.
Both seem to be pretty high tastes with other men, being distasteful with Neptune when he greets them.
RWBY Roman Holiday
Over a decade before the series, the girls lived in Minstril and were under the care of Roman Torchwick. They annoyed him so much he set up a failed scam to get their mother to distrust him with their safety.
Their mother sent them to Vale under the guise of student years later; to hunt down Roman after ger betrayed and fled the Spiders. Where they picked on Trivia Vanille, a mute girl who could create illusions. Eventually they caught Roman, but Trivia saved him as she hated the twins.
After the school shut down and their mother fled back to their both continent, the twins entered the employ of Xiong Junior to make a living.
In the trailer, both are first seen in a bar nearby Junior, but he then later makes them leave when Yang sits nearby. When the girl attacks him, he sends out his henchmen, which she beats. After he tries using his main two goons, Miltia and Melanie after them, and although they do hold then own for a while, both are then taken out by Yang.
The two make a small appearance, both sitting nearby the club as they watch Yang talk to Junior. They then leave after Neptune tries and fails to flirt with them.
RWBY: Amity Arena
The Malachite Twins appear as units in RWBY: Amity Arena. They are a pair of melee fighters that swap out frequently during the battle, allowing them to stay active for longer.
Powers And Abilities
Melanie mostly uses an acrobatic style of combat, mainly using powerful kicks with the blades on her heels. Milita compliments this by mostly using her acrobatic style with clawed gloved. Both twins have a respectful amount of strength and agility.
When both twins fight together, they fight to help the other, using flanking and distracting moves to leave an opening for the other or to prohibit attacks.
- According to Monty Oum, both twins' designs are based on early concepts for the main heroes, with Melanie and Miltia being based on concepts for Weiss and Ruby respectively.
- Monty also created the characters out of a request from a friend who wanted twins to cosplay as.
- Miltiades (Μιλτιάδης) is a Greek name which means "red earth". Melanie is a Greek name derived from melania (μελανία) which means "blackness"
- Malachite is a mineral name derived from molochitis lithos (Μολοχίτης λίθος) which means "mallow-green stone".
- Melania and Miltia are likely based on Snow-White and Rose-Red, characters from the Grimm fairy tale of the same name. This is not to be confused with Snow White from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (the basis of Weiss).
- According to the Volume 6 DVD commentary, Melanie and Milita are the daughters of the Mistral crime lord Little Miss Malachite. Later confirmed in Roman Holiday.
- Since they don't look a thing like their mother, they are either adopted, take after their father or Little Miss dyes her hair blonde.
Creatures of Grimm