|“||I'll destroy every particle in your body.||„|
|~ Mana Takamiya to Kurumi Tokisaki|
Mana Takamiya is a major character in Date A Live franchise, first appearing as a supporting antagonist before becoming one of the main heroines. She is also the titular main protagonist of Mana Mission.
She is a Wizard soldier of Deus.Ex.Machina Industries who holds the title of Adeptus 2 and a temporary member of the Anti Spirit Team. She is the sister of Shido, but has no memory of her past due to the brainwashing that Isaac Ray Peram Westcott did to her brain to make her loyal to him.
She is voiced by Misato in the Japanese version of the anime, and Felecia Angelle in the English dubbed version of the anime.
Mana met her brother when she arrived in his hometown while she was on a new mission which was to exterminate the Spirit NightMare. She is surprised when she discovers Shidou is a wizard when she saves him after he was attacked by Kurumi.
Later, Mana discovers that his brother is a member of a secret organization that also deals with the spirits and who also are separatists DEM. Mana did not report this finding to his superiors, but she tried to make a deal with Kotori Itsuka, to remove her brother from the organization for his safety.
Mana shows an unlimited hatred only by the existence of Kurumi. She has killed countless times clones of Kurumi, however, the actual Kurumi does not even consider Mana as threat because she is just a human.
After defecting to Ratatoskr, an organization made especially to deal with spirits peacefully, Mana still has the will to kill Kurumi when she has the chance. She immediately cut off the head of Kurumi when Reine showed the video with Mana brutally killing Kurumi, however, after hearing that Kurumi was on her side when she reluctantly chose to accept it by a truce, but that does not last long after the battle against D.E.M Industries finished the second season of the anime.
Powers and Abilities
Mana is considered a very strong wizard, being rank number 2 within DEM when she was still a D.E.M member; not only that, she is also known for single-handedly killing a spirit. However unknown to her until the event where she reunited with her brother by coincidence, those Spirits were clone with less power than the original one, but even so she still a very strong Wizard that can easily beat any and most members of the AST Wizards or DEM Wizards and suppress a Spirit if need to.
Equipments & Weapons
- Combat Wiring Suit
- Combat Realizer Unit (CR-Unit)
- Just like Shido, Mana has amnesia about her childhood memories.
- Mana's body has been modified by DEM Corporation to enhance her combat abilities. She, however, pays the price for this by shortening her remaining lifespan to about ten years.
- The new light novel has recently launched has the name Mana as title: Date A Live Mana Takamiya Mission.
- Mana is famous as being the only one so far who has been actually able to kill a Spirit, although the Spirit (Kurumi) always reappears, even after being killed by her several times.
- It was later revealed that the Kurumis that Mana repeatedly kills are actually clones that were made by the real Kurumi, who doesn't even take Mana seriously.