|This scum Mark the Tapir is driving Cruella insane!|
IT MUST BE REWRITTEN OR ADDED TO!!
So sayeth the great Lord of Darkness Sauron, or he will send Darth Vader to terminate you.
Help improve this article by rewriting, expanding, updating the poorly written text of the article. ✓
|“||I am not a student actually. I just wanted to meet you. Mark the Tapir, hi. I'm your biggest fan."||„|
|~ Mark the Tapir, "The Biggest Fan"|
Mark the Tapir is a character who appears in the Sonic Boom television series. He is an anthropomorphic tapir who resides on Seaside Island and the fanatical, self-proclaimed “number-one fan" of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Coming to Career Day to meet Sonic, Mark introduced himself to him before he left. He then started to stalk Sonic, trying intensely to please him. Eventually, Mark convinced Sonic to let him become his personal assistant. While Mark gave Sonic excellent services, he purposely crashed Sonic into a boulder when he had to go to the movies with his crew. Mark then trapped Sonic in a body cast in his cabin so they could spent all their time together acting out Mark's fanatic dreams. Though Mark trapped Sonic's team in body casts too when they came looking for him, the heroes broke while trying to escape and defeated Mark, who was only happy to be beaten by his hero.
Mark is a fanatical, zealous, disturbed, hyperactive, and mentally unstable psychopath obsessed with Sonic. On the surface, he appears as an overly eager and friendly guy who tries his best to do good deeds, albeit with extreme intensity. He is also a supreme and influential fanboy, geeking out over doing the most mundane things with Sonic and seeking to spent as much time with him as possible. When Mark thinks he has failed to live up to his idol's expectations or chances to satisfy his fanboy dreams, he is prone to bouts of mood swings and/or minor self-punishment. He loves Sonic so much that he even writes fanfition of him and gets angry when Sonic gives his attentions to his friends.
Mark is also not one to sit still (especially when Sonic is around), as he always has something going on, and is very observant about details. Outside Sonic and those he deems his friends, Mark behaves rather antisocially towards others. Mark is also very cunning, deceitful, manipulative, and devious, as exemplified in how he lured Sonic into a false sense of security despite his intensity and getting Sonic to make him his assistant for his own agenda.
He also shows pronounced sinister tendencies, not only hurting his idol Sonic to keep him to himself, but also keeping people against their will so they can be his friends. However, despite his inexcusable and argumentative behavior, Mark always acts extremely innocent, showing a complete lack of conscience and empathy.
- “Oooooh… SonAmy…. Spicy……”
- “Let’s go over my Sonic fan fiction. Okay let’s go over something family-friendly heehee. Oh not that one. Oh definitely not that one.”
- “No pickles on my burger! I HATE PICKLES!”
- Mark's role in "The Biggest Fan" mirrors that of Annie Wilkes in Steven King's novel, Misery.
- Mark does not really care about "SonAmy" (a fanterm for Sonic and Amy being in a romantic relationship).
- The icon of Sonic's head on Mark's shirt first appeared in Sonic Boom CG Style Guide.
- Mark's attire mimics Sonic's appearance; his shirt is blue like Sonic's torso, his gloves are almost the same as Sonic's, and his shoes' parts have roughly the same colors as those Sonic wears.
- Though it has been denied by the writers, Mark is possibly a parody of Chris Chan. He is an obsessed fan, he dressed Sonic up to look like Sonichu, he proclaims that he hates orange soda, and he complained about Sonic's arms.