|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|“||It's over Superman! It's every planet for itself! The first who takes Warworld wins... and devil take the losers!||„|
|~ Maxima to Superman.|
Maxima is a fictional supervillainess in DC Comics and an enemy of Superman.
Maxima is the descendant of a long line of alien despots whose empire is based on the planet Almerac. Thousands of years ago, Maxima’s ancestors decided to improve the strength of their own race through interbreeding with races from other worlds.
They embarked upon a series of interstellar wars, conquering worlds whose inhabitants they considered to be excellent genetic stock and capable of interbreeding with their own race. The strongest survivors were assimilated into Almerac’s empire.
Maxima’s ancestors wiped out any alien cultures they deemed genetically inferior. While preparing for a war with the interstellar tyrant Mongul, Maxima intercepted a hologram transmission of Mongul’s gladiatorial games. Maxima observed Superman participating in the games and decided that he would be the perfect mate.
However, Superman spurned Maxima’s advances and she has born a grudge against him ever since.
- She was created by Roger Stern and George Pérez.
- In Superman: The Animated Series, she was voiced by Sharon Lawrence.
- Maxima appeared in the Season 8 episode "Instinct" of Smallville, and was played by Charlotte Sullivan.
- Former WWE Diva Eve Torres played Maxima in a 2016 episode of CBS' Supergirl series.
- She is similar to Marvel's supervillain Enchantress:
- Both are in love or obsessed with a superhero (Superman and Thor).
- Both are love-rivals to said heroes love-interest (Lois Lane and Jane Foster).
- Both have redeemed themselves, and have been members of superhero teams.