|“||Behold!! The age of the Decepticons!!!||„|
|~ Megatron, whilst activating the Omega Lock, using it to revive Cybertron and cyberform Earth.|
|“||And one shall fall... you, Optimus Prime!||„|
|~ Megatron to Optimus before they battle.|
|“||Megatron is commanded by NO ONE!!!!||„|
|~ Megatron after resisting Unicron's control.|
Megatron is the main antagonist of the Transformers "Aligned" universe, serving as the main antagonist of the Transformers: War For Cybertron games and the 2010 animated series Transformers: Prime. He later returns as the secondary antagonist in the television film Predacons Rising.
During the series, Megatron was scheming, fierce, egotistical, sadistic, and cruel. He was very manipulative and persuasive, as he was ready to rally a military of Cybertronians to his cause and gain loyalty from several individuals, like Dreadwing. Megatron was mainly concerned with gaining power and would eliminate anyone who stood in his way, like Cylas, Airachnid, and Predaking. He also didn't wish to backtrack from a fight probably thanks to his time as a gladiator of Kaon. But he might be somewhat tolerant, as proven by his tolerance of Dreadwing's initial decision to punish his brother Skyquake however solely to those who showed timeless loyalty to him. He was conjointly extraordinarily prejudiced, believing all life within the galaxy was second to the Cybertronians, notable organics like humans. His only redeeming feature was that he never discriminated against the various sorts of Cybertronians. He conjointly had vowed to destroy his old foe, Optimus Prime, and his Autobot followers at any cost as they continued their war on Earth.
These qualties soon led to his own downfall when Bumblebee killed Megatron by stabbing him through the chest with the Star Saber. throughout his end, Megatron showed signs of pain and agony.
When Megatron was possessed by Unicron he originally wished to easily continue his plans and rule with Unicron along. Unicron violently informed Megatron that his body now belonged to him and Megatron was just kept as a husk, which Megatron's personality changed a touch and everyone he wanted was freedom from the Chaos Bringer. Megatron, somewhat, rooted for the Autobots during their fight with Unicron despite being condemned to eternal suffering by Unicron as Unicron battled Optimus Prime when the Prime attempted to involve Megatron however Megatron was unable to do to anything.
After he was free, Megatron claimed to possess the ability to truly understood the true meaning of oppression by experiencing it himself and had lost all of his taste for inflicting it on others, to the surprise of Optimus, Starscream, and everyone else. Megatron declared that the Decepticons were no more before exiling himself to somewhere within the galaxy, which could prove he had learned through the whole ordeal. Optimus even mentioned that, somewhere deep within, Megatron has the capacity for change.
- Millions of unnamed Autobots (directly by his hands, indirectly by the Cybonic plague)
- Multiple counts of U.S. Army soldiers (indirectly by Darkmount's weapons)
- Insecticons (under Airachnid's control)
- Bumblebee (temporary, resurrected)
- Skylynx and Darksteel (indirectly through hoarded weapons Starscream used on them)
- Megatron's design in this version was combined version of his his live-action incarnation and his Generation One incarnation:
- Megatron's helmet and legs design were derived from the Generation One counterpart. Also, both Megatron also had their fusion cannon attached on their right arm.
- The rest of the elements of Megatron's physical appearance are derived from his live-action incarnation, particularly his ability to turned into Cybertronian Jet and demonic-looking visage.
- War of Cybertron, Fall of Cybertron and Rise of the Dark Spark (Video Game) version of Megatron are far worse than his cartoon (Prime) counterpart.