|“||Behold! The age of the Decepticons!||„|
|~ Megatron, whilst activating the Omega Lock, using it to revive Cybertron and terraform Earth.|
|“||And one shall fall... you, Optimus Prime!||„|
|~ Megatron to Optimus before they battle.|
|“||No one rids me of Optimus Prime, but me! Do you understand, do you?!||„|
|~ Megatron tortures Starscream for disobeying his commands.|
|“||Let that be a warning to anyone who dares cross a gladiator of Kaon—be they Decepticon...or Autobot!||„|
|~ Megatron after defeating an Insecticon.|
|“||Optimus Prime. What an unexpected honor! Decepticons, give our guests a warm welcome.||„|
|~ Megatron when spotted Optimus in Rise of the Dark Spark.|
|“||Finish these pests! I have my own extermination to perform.||„|
|~ Megatron ordered to his Decepticons to kill the Autobots (Bumblebee and Ratchet) as well as Raf and indirectly speaking about of Starscream.|
Megatron is the main antagonist of the Transformers "Aligned" universe, serving as the main antagonist of the Transformers: War For Cybertron games and the 2010 animated series Transformers: Prime. He later returns as the secondary antagonist in the television film Predacons Rising.
He is the leader of the Decepticons and the archenemy of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and the Autobots in general. He was originally a miner named D-16 who competed in the Gladiatorial Arena in Kaon. This got the attention of Iacon data clerk Orion Pax, who supported his cause and gave him the opportunity to address the Cybertronian High Council. But his darker ambitions got the better of him, and when Orion was named Prime over him, Megatron vowed to take control of Cybertron itself, rendering the world uninhabitable in the process. He would expand his voyage of conquest and war to Earth and continue to battle the Autobots.
He was voiced by Fred Tatasciore in the Cybertron game series and by Frank Welker in the Prime series, the latter of whom also voiced his G1 homologue and his Live-Action homologue in the Transformers Film Series franchise since 2014. In the Korean dubbed version he was voiced by Ja-hyeong Gu.
|“||Megatron is commanded by NO ONE!||„|
|~ Megatron after resisting Unicron's control.|
During the series, Megatron was scheming, fierce, egotistical, sadistic, and cruel. He was very manipulative and persuasive, as he was ready to rally a military of Cybertronians to his cause and gain loyalty from several individuals, like Dreadwing. Megatron was mainly concerned with gaining power and would eliminate anyone who stood in his way, like Cylas, Airachnid, and Predaking. He also didn't wish to backtrack from a fight probably thanks to his time as a gladiator of Kaon. But he might be somewhat tolerant, as proven by his tolerance of Dreadwing's initial decision to punish his brother Skyquake however solely to those who showed timeless loyalty to him. He was conjointly extraordinarily prejudiced, believing all life within the galaxy was second to the Cybertronians, notable organics like humans. His only redeeming feature was that he never discriminated against the various sorts of Cybertronians. He conjointly had vowed to destroy his old foe, Optimus Prime, and his Autobot followers at any cost as they continued their war on Earth.
Despite of his cruelty, Megatron has some sense of honor as he want to fight and kill Optimus by himself and anyone who dares to interfere will answer to him when shown his brutality towards Starscream.
In Rise of the Dark Spark according to Optimus Prime, Megatron is also afraid of Scraplets when he must contend and exterminate pests.
These qualities soon led to his own downfall when Bumblebee killed Megatron by stabbing him through the chest with the Star Saber. throughout his end, Megatron showed signs of pain and agony.
When Megatron was possessed by Unicron he originally wished to easily continue his plans and rule with Unicron along. Unicron violently informed Megatron that his body now belonged to him and Megatron was just kept as a husk, which Megatron's personality changed a touch and everyone he wanted was freedom from the Chaos Bringer. Megatron, somewhat, rooted for the Autobots during their fight with Unicron despite being condemned to eternal suffering by Unicron as Unicron battled Optimus Prime when the Prime attempted to involve Megatron however Megatron was unable to do to anything.
After he was free, Megatron claimed to possess the ability to truly understood the true meaning of oppression by experiencing it himself and had lost all of his taste for inflicting it on others, to the surprise of Optimus, Starscream, and everyone else due to his suffering by Unicron. Megatron declared that the Decepticons were no more before exiling himself to somewhere within the galaxy, which could prove he had learned through the whole ordeal. Optimus even mentioned that, somewhere deep within, Megatron has the capacity for change.
- Millions of unnamed Autobots (directly by his hands, indirectly by the Cybonic plague)
- Multiple counts of U.S. Army soldiers (indirectly by Darkmount's weapons)
- Insecticons (under Airachnid's control)
- Bumblebee (temporary, resurrected)
- Skylynx and Darksteel (indirectly through hoarded weapons Starscream used on them)
Deaths and Revivals
- Crushed by Metroplex (revived by Soundwave)
- Explosion from the Space Bridge (revived when he controlled Bumblebee's body)
- Stabbed by Bumblebee with the Star Saber (revived by Unicron)
War For Cybertron
|“||I am dominator...I am the destroyer...I AM MEGATRON!||„|
|“||My victory will mark a brilliant new beginning!||„|
- Megatron's design in this version was combined version of his his live-action incarnation and his Generation One incarnation:
- Megatron's helmet and legs design were derived from the Generation One counterpart. Also, both Megatron also had their fusion cannon attached on their right arm.
- The rest of the elements of Megatron's physical appearance are derived from his live-action incarnation, particularly his ability to turn into Cybertronian Jet and demonic-looking visage.
- Megatron's version in Transformers: Prime is one of the most appreciated by the fans.
- While he is primarily Optimus Prime's archenemy, he also serves as Bumblebee's archenemy due to destroying his voice box. Bumblebee would ultimately kill Megatron, once revived after Megatron killed him, and comment on how he took his voice.
- Ironically, in Transformers: Prime, Megatron's last actions caused his own death and the defeat of the Decepticons: Seeing the Predacon (Predaking) became clever, capable of to transform in mode robot, and he could take over with his future army of Predacons, he decides after talking about his lieutenants (Starscream, Soundwave, Knock Out and Shockwave) to exterminate all Predacons. The only surviving will be Predaking. But later, Ratchet will reveal him the truth after Knock Out has accidentally letting it slip in front of Ratchet, causing Predaking fights Megatron who wins and almost killed him. But the Autobots infiltrate the Nemesis, defeat the last Vehicons, trap Soundwave in the Shadowzone (with the help of humans allies), and Bumblebee kills Megatron with the Star Saber.
- Unlike his role as Megatron in the 80s, Frank Welker uses a much more sinister and evil tone of voice to make this incarnation.
- Like his IDW counterpart, he is far more sympathetic than his G1 counterpart. The original Megatron was always a criminal who ended the Golden Age of Cybertron by assassinating the Autobot who helped usher it, the benovelent Sentinel Prime, via a cheap shot when the warrior was distracted. Both Prime and IDW's Megatron were miners who were dissatisfied with Cybertron's Dark Age and snapped after being wrongfully imprisoned. Both had well intentioned goals of bringing down the caste system and bring equality for all, but began having a thirst for revenge.