|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||…And behold, The Lord spoke unto me, in a voice both soft and terrible, but was silent to the unbeliever. The Lord spoke “Come”, and I did, and I was afraid and fell to my knees, weeping. I rose my hands, and asked “O, mighty Lord, what has become of thy body? Why have you been undone?” The Lord said unto me “Go, and restore me to glory, and I shall restore you in turn”. The voice of God spoke to my heart, and I wept at both the Glory and the Shame of The Heart of our Lord. Thus I came…||„|
|~ A verse from the CotBG's "Bible"|
According to the Myths, Mekhane shared dominion over humanity with Yaldabaoth, the Broken God representing intellect and progress, while the Demiurge represented instinct and the more animalistic side of the humans.
The followers of Mekhane were known as the Mekhanites, and overtime many civilizations started to become more civilized and progressive, which greatly angered Yaldabaoth, who wanted to bring humanity back to a more animalistic state.
This led to the occult war between the Mekhanites and the early Sarkites, which caused the Bronze-age collapse.
Mekhane confronted Yaldabaoth during this war, and defeated the Demiurge by shattering herself into a "brass cage", trapping the other god in it. Her shattered pieces spread across the Earth, alongside her followers who would form the Church of the Broken God.
Many of these pieces would later be classified as different SCP-objects by the Foundation.
Over the following centuries the Church would try to resurrect Mekhane by assembling the god of the many pieces, and the group came very close in 1942 near La Paz, Mexico.
The Church had gathered a great amount of pieces of their deity, but lacked her "heart", which led to the idea of asking The Factory built one for them. The heart was made, but the entity that was created was not the logical deity the Church had hoped for, but an aggressive being that started to consume everything it came across, including its own followers.
The SCP Foundation contacted the Global Occult Coalition (back then known as the "Allied Occult Initiative") to destroy the entity, and were also joined by the Horizon Initiative. However, despite their combined forces, they found it hard to defeat the monster, until a humanoid female with chains for hair, who was created as a result of one the monster's victims being converted into metallic creatures, came up to them and helped in putting an end to the monster by activating SCP-2399 which successfully destroyed it. This event was one of the biggest cover-ups the Foundation ever had to, which included massive amounts of amnestics and the rewriting of history.
SCP-4882 is an anomalous effect wherein a certain amount of electronic timekeeping devices being brought together results in phenomenon involving the gradual build-up of EVE radiation and the appearance of mechanical monsters. It is projected that if the phenomenon continues unchecked the end result will be the physical manifestation of Mekhane on Earth. The Foundation has so far been able to keep the phenomenon under control using the adoption of Coordinated Universal Time. Following growing support for scrapping CUT, the Foundation has begun actively lobbying to postpone the abolition of leap seconds for as long as possible, defeating a motion to scrap the system by three votes.
- Mekhane could be considered to be one of the more benevolent deities in the SCP-universe, but her pure logic and intellect and lack of emotions could lead to catastrophic results.
- It heavily implied that the female humanoid who helped the Foundation, GOC, and HI, by activating SCP-2399, was the avatar of Mekhane herself. Seeing what had happened her body and that it was laying waste across humanity she decided to help the groups in defeating, also showing her connection to 2399.
- In the dead timeline of SCP-5000, in which the SCP Foundation declared war on humanity, the Foundation released all of the dangerous SCPs, which included SCP-3179, an organism made out of liquid metal capable to shapeshift and create smaller entities under its control. A number of members of the Church of Broken God mistook it as Mekhane and started a civil war within the church, since the other members didn't think that was Mekhane. This war prevented the church from helping the GOC in fighting the Foundation.
- Although they were mortal enemies to each other, before their battle Mekhane and Yaldabaoth mated during a party between gods in the Abyss.
- Dr. Bright tried to convince the Foundation staff that SCP-846, also known as Robot Dude, was a piece of Mekhane, which is not true.
- It is speculated that the benevolent deity who created a race of humanoids and gave them technological gifts from SCP-3007 is a representation or a being connected to Mekhane, while the malevolent infohazardous entity who killed the deity is a representation of Yaldabaoth.