Since Venage237 is a huge Devil May Cry more then I am, he got some new intriguin' ideas for the DMC series. During his time, he actually came up with 4 ideas for future Devil May Cry games, from the original series.
1. The first one would be a prequel to Devil May Cry 3, which in chronological order would be the first in the series. Anyway, the games focuses on Dante and Vergil when they were young. We get to play as both Dante and Vergil, but it focuses on Vergil. After all, it's been implied that Vergil went power hungry when he failed to save his mother. The final boss would be a demon responsible for the death of Eva.
2. The second game would that takes place in between Devil May Cry 4 and Devil May 2. According to the history of the DMC series, it goes Devil May Cry 3, Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 4, and finally Devil May Cry 2. Anyway, did anyone notice the change of Dante's personality? In 2, Dante was rather dark and serious minded, but in 4 Dante was fun-loving, wiser-cracking, and overall enjoyable, so what happen in between. So my idea was that Dante became incredibly cocky thinking that he's unstoppable, until his cockiness resulted in one of his friend getting kill by the main antagonist. And yes, I'm well aware that 2 was made before Devil May Cry 4, and they were still trying to figure out what Dante's personality is, but still I would like to know what happened to him.
3. The third game would take place after Devil May Cry 2. At the end of Devil May Cry 2, Dante was trapped in Hell. So this could be him trying to escape, while at the same time deal with all of the enemies he's killed. And not to mention the return of Vergil.
4. The fourth game would be Devil May Cry: Origins of Sparda. Am I the only one who wonders who Sparda is, or rather was? After all, we constantly hear stories about him defending the humans against the demons even though he's a demon. So I'd like to see what he was like, from his time serving Mundus to what happened to him in the end. I'd always assumed that Sparda was a bloodthirsty servant towards Mundus, who only cared for battled. However, after being betrayed by Mundus and Beowulf, Sparda finds himself severely injured and left for dead in the human world. He even wakes up, inside the house of a young woman Eva. As the game progressed he the two form a romantic relationship, and eventually end up having the twins Vergil and Dante.
Anyway, what do you think of my ideas? If you like them, tell it to the people you know, and ask what they think.
I too got small new ideas & here it comes. though I've never got into this kind of discussion involvin' ideas before until Black Soulstone. You gotta check out his The Sorcerer's Apprentice fan-fiction project. & boy, does he some ideas about the movie. Anyway, here are my ideas.
1. The second game would provide some clues to how Arius got his powers & built his industrial empire Uroboros. Also to shed light on the so-called corporation "Mundus Vivendi Corp" (possible rival company to Uroboros?). & to learn about Lucia's origin & her being raised by Matier instead of either becomin' one of Arius' bio-engineered foot soldiers or being discarded being a defect.
2. The third game would be a very good choice with Dante being temporarily trapped in Hell after his fight with Argosax & what happened to Lucia and her clan along with their island after his battle with her evil creator.
3. The fourth game also explores more of Sparda's history including his alliance with the Vie de Marli Clan in their fight against Argosax, and his first visitation to the island town of Fortuna and became not only their feudal lord, but also the "founder" of his "religion" which became the Order of the Sword.
The Duke did almost nothing evil in the movie. Hans however, flirted with Anna just to become king, without any interest in her. He pretended to be good, to turn out as a power hungry liar and attempted murderer in the end, he is the last one the protagonists have to fight, he has more screentime than the Duke, so he is CLEARLY the main villain.
He has at least some good qualities, like the already mentioned care for Micheals family. You see, he is for example in some categories that contradict CMs, for example Protective Villains, Evil VS Evil, Comedic Villains, etc. If one is in these categories, they can NEVER be a Complete Monster, no matter what they do.
I'm not so sure if Evil vs. Evil is the case...I recall a villain by the name of MaloMyotismon who brutally murdered and tortured his loyal minion for the Evulz, then incinerated his other minion for trying to avenge her.
Evil vs Evil is not a redeeming quality, it just means they go against other villains, it doesn't mean they have good in them. Also Trevor even if he does care for micheal and his family, but that does not excuse his messed up behavior. And comedic villains is the same thing, even if they are funny they can still be downright horrible.
Plus Trevor showed no remorse or care for anyone(except micheals family), he killed johny because he was pissed at him for having sex with his girlfriend. And maybe he isn't a complete monster, but his actions are too horrible to ignore. And I compared him to Patrick star and people are saying that Patrick is almost as horrible as Trevor, but hes just an idiot, I don't care about that statement in the card, it was an ambigious statement.
Even if Evil VS Evil and Comedic Villains are not necessarily redeeming qualities on their own, if someone is in MANY of these categories, in combination they can for sure mean they are not a CM. I agree that Trevors actions are definitely absolutely horrible, but as you said, he still doesn't necessarily have to be a CM. Either way, Patrick Star is in no way a Complete Monster, so if Trevor is considered as horrible as Patrick, neither of them is.
And one more thing where I find Trevor's antics horrifying, I find Patrick's antics hilarious, but there were the few times where I outright hated him( more specifically pet sitter pat and yours mine and mine). But personally I feel like it's no different from what he usually does its just worse, I'm not excusing it. I know he can be dark, but he's never made the episode that serious.
Do you think Emmy Altava can be an example of From Nobody to Nightmare?. It is said that Emmy's parents are died until Leon taught her fighting and spying skill, which then become a deadly spy in Azran Legacy and threaten to slash his friend's neck. For me, as betrayer, she is completely eviler than Descole, albeit for a while.
Yes, I think she can be considered that. While she did redeem very quickly and may not be considered a "nightmare" for that reason, she definately did start as nobody to become a dangerous fighter in the end. I think that actegory can stay.
I recently see that you remove Emmy Altava from MEH because she redeem herself. Anyway, you better check or fix her page in case the last time i edit it i feel that i made her looks crueler than Descole.
Honestly, i was though that she crosses meh due to shocked with the fact that she threatened to kill Luke, someone whom she befriend with.
Okay, I will check her page. About the MEH, you are basically right, in any other case that would truly be shocking enough to count as a MEH crossing, but as soon as a character redeems themselves, even the horrible acts do not count anymore, as someone who crosses the MEH cannot be redeemed.
Yes, as that is the point of crossing the MEH. Crossing the MEH usually means commiting an act so horrible that audience and heroes know that this person is beyond redemtion and probably will not be trusted anymore, even if they tried to redeem themselves. However, the Professor still trusted Emmy, since Luke told him she released him, so she quickly redeemed herself.
El-Ocsed wrote: Yes, as that is the point of crossing the MEH. Crossing the MEH usually means commiting an act so horrible that audience and heroes know that this person is beyond redemtion and probably will not be trusted anymore, even if they tried to redeem themselves. However, the Professor still trusted Emmy, since Luke told him she released him, so she quickly redeemed herself.
Also I need help could one of you include links to the people I added to the moral event horizon
Well, thanks, I'm grateful that you put so much effort in this, however I think you're mistaken. While I indeed did edit the Electro page a few times, it wasn't me who asked that, but B1bl1kal. I was the one who added the category Scapegoat and removed the category Complete Monster.