|“||So, you took Abaddon's scalp, then you figured you'd take on little old nebbishy me. What could go wrong? And you're powered by the bone of a jackass, and it is just awesome, right? Here's a tip - next time, try to be powered by the Word of God.||„|
|“||So I'm a fake. Do you have any idea how much pan-cake makeup and soft lighting it took to get God to work a rope line? He hated it. And, you know, humans sense that. So they prayed harder and longer and fought more wars in his name. And for what?! So they could die of malaria? Leukemia? And all the while, blaming themselves! "Oh, if only I'd been more prayerful, God would have loved me! God would have saved me!" You know what?! God didn't even know their name! But I do. Because I've walked among them. And I can save them.||„|
Metatron is a character who appears in the CW television series Supernatural. He was a supporting antagonist in Season 8, one of the two main antagonists (along with Abaddon) of Season 9, an antagonist in Season 10 and an antagonist-turned-supporting protagonist in Season 11.
Metatron possessed a short, man with black hair, whom he described as "nebbish." As an angel, he considered himself to be lovable and funny, claiming to possess made God laugh on twice. Unlike most angels, Metatron seemed to have a kind of affection for humanity, especially their capability for storytelling, claiming that whilst an angel he had yet to catch up to all or any the stories mankind has written. While Metatron showed A level of appreciation for humans, he had utter disdain for angels, especially the archangels to the purpose he had hidden a secret spell within the angel tablet that might eject and lock all the angels out of Heaven when performed. He blames the archangels and therefore the remainder of angelkind for running him out of Heaven and the chaos they inflicted on Earth out of grief within the wake of God's departure.
Like all angels, Metatron shared in many equivalent abilities. because the Scribe of God, Metatron had additional powers like the power to bypass and erase any sort of warding also as being the sole angel with first-hand knowledge of the contents of the varied tablets thanks to having taken the dictation of the Word of God. His powers would be boosted with the help of the angel tablet, even allowing him to extinguish the holy fire. However, he's rendered powerless when Castiel smashes the angel tablet and eventually extracts his grace.
As a human, Metatron initially showed excitement at experiencing the planet as a person's, from tasting food to the act of digestion and using the restroom, which he mentioned as "sorcery" and quickly learned that he's lactose intolerant. While Metatron thought it might be easy living life as a person's, his tune would change, claiming the indignities of creating his rent, keeping his phone charged, and hemorrhoids had become an excessive amount of for him. Nevertheless, when meeting with God face to face, Metatron showed his true compassion for humanity, claiming that despite their flaws and violent nature they were God's greatest creation and better than him because they are doing their best to offer hope and happiness to every other and the way they never hand over regardless of what, something he says even God does too easily.
Powers and Abilities
- Supernatural Intelligence: As the Scribe of God, he knew everything, even the Darkness. He also adapted to life on earth, though with much difficulty, due to his lack of powers. He also became an electronics expert, con artist, and a skilled thief. He is also a master of manipulation.
- High Pain Tolerance: he was able to endure massive amounts of physical punishment from supernatural beings.
- Angelic Sorcery: Due to his infinite knowledge, he still has access to all forms of Magic spells every created. This is his only current supernatural ability. He was able to de-power a physically unstable Castiel with his Blood Magic spells.
Former Celestial Abilities
- Angelic Physiology: He has all the abilities of a high ranking celestial being but has a few powers special to him, due to him being the Scribe of God, thus this puts him on par with the Archangels and therefore above the Seraphims and Grigoris.
- Angelic Possession: Like all angels, Metatron requires a vessel to travel on Earth, but he needs the person's consent.
- Supernatural Intelligence: As the Scribe of God, he knew everything, even the Darkness. He also adapted to life on earth, though with much difficulty, due to his lack of powers.
- Immortality: Like all angels, Metatron doesn't age and is unaffected by disease or toxins. He is also immune to conventional weapons.
- Cosmic Awareness: Being the Scribe of God, Metatron is the one who wrote the tablets and thus, possesses vast knowledge about the universe and demons, angels, leviathans, and probably numerous other supernatural beings.
- Superhuman Physicality: He has the superhuman physical abilities of all angels.
- Superhuman Strength: Metatron possesses superior physical strength, stronger than humans, demons, monsters, deities, some angels, and one of the most powerful beings while empowered with the angel tablet.
- Superhuman Stamina: As an angel, Metatron doesn't get tired and doesn't need to eat, drink, sleep, or breathe to sustain himself.
- Regeneration: If he receives fatal injuries caused by human-based weapons, he will regenerate almost instantaneously.
- Healing: Metatron has seen to be able to heal Kevin's injuries instantaneously. After stealing Castiel's grace, he instantly healed his slit throat with just a smear of his hand.
- Psychokinetic: He has a vast array of mental based powers.
- Telepathy: He was able to grant Castiel knowledge about every book and movie in the universe. He even put illusions in his head. He was even able to mentally manipulate Castiel's followers to turn into Angelic suicide bombers.
- Teleportation: Metatron can teleport himself anywhere instantly, like all angels.
- Biokinesis: Metatron granted the Native Americans who gave him stories immortality, or at least, a much longer lifespan.
- Telekinesis Metatron can move objects and people with his mind.
- Angelic Photokinesis: He was able to use this to temporarily take down Crowley, who suffered severe burns due to the Holy White Light.
- Angelic Sorcery: Due to his infinite knowledge, he still has access to all forms of Magic spells every created. This is his most advanced supernatural ability.
- Sigil Removing: As the Scribe of God, Metatron can remove sigil, wardings, and devil's trap without being affected by it.
- Power Bestowal: He was able to grant the Native American's ageless immortality in exchange for tales and books about fascinating stories.
- Portal Creation: He was able to create portals to heaven, even with the Angelic Banishing Spell active.
- Apportioning: He was able to bring Kevin Tran to himself after he gravely burnt Crowley.
- Angel Tablet Empowerment: When he was powered by the Angel Tablet that gave him a vast set of powers, enabling him to appear to be a primordial being himself.
- Advanced Reality Warping: Due to the tablets' immense power and since he became a "God", he can warp reality, as like any Archangel.
- Advanced Telekinesis: He also had his psychokinetic abilities amplified to greater limits.
- Holy Weaponry Immunity: He was able to blow away Holy Fire with ease.
- Dean Winchester (Resurrected)
- Kevin Tran
- Alexander Sarver
- Himself (Self-Sacrifice)
- Unnamed homeless angel