|~ Miranda Priestly|
|“||Is there some reason my coffee isn't here? Has she died, or something?||„|
|~ Miranda Priestly about Andy Sachs|
Miranda Priestly is the main antagonist of the 2003 Lauren Weisberger book The Devil Wears Prada, and its 2006 film adaptation of the same name.
Biography (book version)
Miriam Princhek was born in the East End of London, on October 25, 1949. Her family members were poor but devout orthodox Jews. Her father was the only working man in the family...
Her mother died during childbirth and after her death, Miriam's grandmother moved in with the family to assist in raising the children. Miriam saved the small bills that her siblings would give her and worked as an assistant to a British designer. She made a name for herself in London's fashion world and studied French at night and was junior editor of the Chic magazine in Paris. When she was twenty-four, Miriam changed her name to Miranda Priestly and replaced her rough accent with a sophisticated one. Miranda spent ten years at French Runway before Elias-Clark transferred her to American Runway. She, her twin daughters, and her husband moved to a penthouse apartment on Fifth Avenue and 76th Street. She is the editor-in-chief of Runway, a very chic and influential fashion magazine published by the Elias-Clark co.
Miranda has twin daughters (from her second of three husbands), Caroline and Cassidy.
Miranda is always accurate, but at the same time always uncertain at what she wants, that causes her marriage and job problems...
Anyway; Miranda's main trait is her (sometimes tyrannical) strictness, which helps her safe her position.
Miranda is tall and slender woman, with white hair and light, pale skin. She always wears clothes from the most expensive brands; including Prada. She is also known for wearing a white Hermès scarf in her everyday outfit..
- Streep received her 14th Oscar nomination (for Best Actress) in 2007, for this role.
- In the film version, her past is not mentioned at all.
- Miranda thinks that they are very similar with Andy.
- Her character was mostly inspired by Cruella De Vil.
- Miranda was born on the same year as her inspiration, Anna Wintour, with whom she shares her personality, and her actress, Meryl Streep, as they were all born in 1949. But while Miranda Priestly's birthday is October 25, Anna Wintour's birthday is November 3 and Meryl Streep's birthday is on June 22.
- Also, Miranda Priestly and Anna Wintour share the same Birth Zodiac, Scorpio.