|“||You thought you were be a match for me? Now that would be a Castle of DELUSION!||„|
|~ Mizrabel before fighting Mickey Mouse in the final battle.|
Mizrabel is the main antagonist and final boss of the 1990 videogame Castle of Illusion (also known as Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse) and later appears in its 2013 remake and Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion. She is a villainess who was capable of transforming into the appearance of the Evil Queen and Maleficent, she is an enemy of Mickey Mouse. Mizrabel takes residence a large magic bastion known as the Castle of Illusion.
She is voiced by Nika Futterman.
Castle of Illusion
Mizrabel, jealous of Minnie Mouse's beauty, abducts Minnie to restore her youthful form and wilt Minnie into a hideous crone. Mickey ventures into the Castle of Illusion and fights his way through, eventually confronting Mizrabel herself. Though Mizrabel regains her youth and battles the determined mouse, Mickey is able to triumph. Upon her defeat, Mizrabel redeems herself and helps Mickey and Minnie escape. In the remake, it is explained that she had learned that Mickey had a stronger magic: the magic of love.
Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
Mizrabel and the Castle of Illusion are cast into the Wasteland, as she was forgotten as a character. She schemes to kidnap several popular characters and absorb their hearts so that she can escape. Mickey, with the help of Oswald, is able to free the popular characters and defeat Mizrabel once more.
In this game, Mizrabel primarily uses the appearance of Maleficent, complete with assuming Maleficent's dragon form for the final battle, though she is seen taking on the forms of various Disney villains before settling on Maleficent's form.
Powers and Abilities
Mizrabel's shapeshifting powers are very strong and powerful, being able to turn her into almost anything. She can also assume the appearances of various Disney villains, mostly Maleficent. Also, her dark magic allows her to fly, create curses, illusions and summon and control ghosts.
- Mizrabel's name is or may be a pun on "miserable".
- When she faces Mickey in Power of Illusion, Mizrabel quotes Maleficent's lines to Flora, Fauna and Merryweather and near-quotes Maleficent's lines to Prince Phillip. This may either be by her choice or that taking on Maleficent's form may have influenced her.
- Oddly enough, the place in the Castle of Illusion where the player confronts Mizrabel is the Forbidden Mountain, Maleficent's home.
- When Mizrabel appears before Mickey in Power of Illusion, she takes on the forms of villains who are never found in the castle.
- When Mizrabel is defeated in the remake, she shifts into a second witch form that resembles a recolored version of Witch Hazel.
- Mizrabel's appearance is similar to that of the Evil Queen, both in her hag and youthful forms. In the remake, her youthful form also bears resemblance to Maleficent.
- Much like the Evil Queen, Mizrabel desires to be the fairest of them all, as she states in the remake.
- Mizrabel's scheme, in which she abducts a maiden and attempts to steal her youth, is similar to that of Gruntilda. Coincidentally, the Castle of Illusion remake's soundtrack was composed by Grant Kirkhope, who also composed that of Banjo-Kazooie.
Other Animated Movies
Shorts, TV Shows, Comics and Video Games