Monty is a major antagonist in Sony Pictures Animation's 16th feature film Smurfs: The Lost Village.
He was voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.
Monty is Gargamel's pet vulture, who helps his master and Azrael chase and collect Smurfs in order to extract Smurf essence from them in order for Gargamel to become the most powerful sorcerer in the world. He appears dumb and googly-eyes, lacking coordination or intelligence.
He was also made to be a foil for Azrael. Gargamel seems to think of him as a noble falcon when he's really more like a garbage-eating buzzard. Somehow he is dumber than Gargamel though, so that is good for Gargamel's ego.
- Strength: He proved to be strong enough to carry the weight of Gargamel and Azrael for short period of time that was enough to carry nearly few feet high and few feet to closes object to land.
- Endurance and Stamina: Were able to take a slam in a full speed to a bolder and hit by the log on his head. Though he proved to take flamethrower from Dragonfly. He doesn’t show to be exhausted from flying long distance even full speed.
- Speed and Agility: He able to fly very fast enough to catch up to the speed of Dragonfly and diving very fast to catch up his Prey.
- Hunting: Though Gargamel stated to be a bird of prey through his hunting shown to be quite bad but seems likely from his goofiest personality he very good to catch smurfs when they drop their guard.
- Monty has vague similarities to the Howlibird who appeared in The Smurfs and the Howlibird.
- Despite being a simpleton, Monty is very well-trained in catching Smurfs.
- Despite being the dumbest of the group, he gets better treatment and respect from Gargamel, than Azrael does, even though Azrael is the brains, due to the fact that Gargamel is also not smart (when many other main antagonists would be irritated by the stupidity of their most dimwitted sidekicks).