|“||My dear Pearl... You've done so well, my child. My Pearl... It's better that you don't know... I knew this day would come for you... The blood of the main family is no more... Now you... You are to take the place at the head of the Fey clan... My last, great wish... It seems I was just in time...||„|
|~ Morgan Fey|
Morgan Fey is a recurring antagonist in the video game series Ace Attorney, being the main antagonist of the second case of Phoenix Wright: Justice for All and the overarching antagonist of the fifth case of Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations. She is a spiritual medium and the head of a Fey clan branch family, who wants her daughter Pearl Fey to become the next Master of Kurain.
In the anime, she was voiced by Shukuko Tsugawa in Japanese and Stephanie Young in English.
At first, Morgan seems to be a strict but loving woman who cares deeply about traditions and respect. However, under the surface, she is cold and cruel, due to her being a member of a lesser Fey branch. She holds all outsiders with disdain, including Phoenix Wright. She loathes the other Feys, including her niece, and was willing to frame or even kill Maya.
Despite this, she does care deeply about her daughter Pearl, as she is very overprotective of her and always wants what is best for her. Pearl is the main motivation for her crimes, as Morgan believes that she deserves to be the master of Kurain.
Before the events of the game, Morgan was married to a very wealthy man. After having two children with her, Iris and Dahlia, the man left her with their daughters due to her sister becoming the Master of the Kurian channeling technique. This caused Morgan to slowly develop a loathing for the other Feys. She managed to get married again, and had another child, Pearl. However, this marriage ended badly as well, with her husband leaving Morgan and Pearl. After Misty messed up in the DL6 incident, Misty left the village in disgrace and Mia left to investigate her disappearance. This left Morgan as the leader of the village and as Maya's chaperone.
Reunion, and Turnabout
Later, she teamed up with Mimi Miney to kill Turner Grey and frame Maya for it so Pearl could become the new master of Kurain. They managed to kill Turner and frame Maya. Phoenix and Lotta Hart tried to see what happened to Turner, but Morgan sent them away and helped Mimi clean up the crime scene.
A couple days later, Morgan came as a witness to try and prove that Maya murdered Turner Grey. She claimed that she attempted to remove the spirit, but Maya escaped. This lead into Mimi's testimony, where she claimed that she knew what Maya did when she escaped. However, Phoenix proved that they were both lying, proving the witness was Mimi and she was the murderer. Mimi and Morgan were arrested and incarcerated shortly after.
Bridge to Turnabout
A year later, Morgan was transferred to another prison, where she met her daughter Dahlia, who was a death row inmate. They agreed to try and kill Maya one last time. Morgan planned to sent Pearl to get some hidden instructions at Kurain village. She would head to the temple, and once their, she would summon Dahlia. Dahlia would use to body to kill and get revenge on Maya, and Pearl would become the new master of Kurain.
However, Godot found out about her plan and warned Iris and Misty Fey. They decided to let Morgan and Dahlia carry out the plan so Godot could get revenge on Dahlia, and made a counter-plan. Misty would distract Pearl, and if it didn't work, she would channel Dahlia so that Pearl couldn't. Godot would then restrain her.
However, it didn't work as planned. Misty was forced to channel Dahlia, but couldn't keep her restrained. This forced Godot to kill her in order to protect Maya. Iris attempted to cover up, but was accused of being the killer. Miles and Phoenix both defended her. In the end, Dahlia's soul was completely destroyed and Morgan's last scheme failed. It is unknown what happened to Morgan after that.
- Her name is a reference to the legendary witch of Arthurian lore, Morgan le Fay.
- She is the first villain to return in another game.
- She is the first villain to be responsible for a murder while in prison. The only other villain to have done this is Kristoph Gavin.
- She is the only main antagonist not to have any sort of breakdown.
- Her prison cell is the same as Kristoph Gavin's.
- She is not to be confused with the magic villainess Morgaine Le Fey from the DC comics universe.
- In the anime adaptation of the case Reunion, and Turnabout, Mimi originally asked Morgan to deceive Grey and not actually channel a spirit. However, Morgan gave her the plan to kill Grey and blackmailed her into doing it. This technically makes Morgan the true killer in Reunion, and Turnabout.
- She is similar to Ga'ran Sigatar Khura'in. Like Ga'ran, she is a powerless woman from a family of mediums driven by jealousy of her nobler sister, and manipulates her daughter (adopted, in Rayfa's case) to be her political pawn against her enemies (though, unlike Morgan, Ga'ran has nothing resembling affection for Rayfa, emotionally and verbally abusing her as a way of getting back at her sister by proxy, while Morgan has at least some affection for her own daughter, Pearl).
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Gyakuten Kenji 2/Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth: Prosecutor's Path
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice
The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve