|This villain was proposed but was rejected by the community for not being heinous enough or lacks what is necessary to be a Pure Evil villain. Therefore, this villain shall be added to our "Never Again List", where proposed villains rejected by the community shall be placed to prevent future proposals of the same evil-doer. They can be proposed again (with the permission of an administrator) if new elements appear in their series that can change their status as non-PE villains.|
Any act of adding this villain to the Pure Evil category without a proposal or creating a proposal for this villain without the permission of an administrator will result in a ban.
This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||Morgana: My, you are strong! Strong enough to wield my weapon, strong enough to be my gracious host! You open a big-enough door, something's bound to escape!
Claire: The portal! The sickness! The signs under my bed!
Morgana: You've already told Gunmar all he needs to know but since I'm out and about, I thought we kill Merlin's Trollhunter as soon as we get him alone!
|~ Morgana taunting Claire before possessing her.|
|“||The Eternal Night is here!||„|
|~ Morgana's most famous line as she is released from her prison, also her last words before being trapped in the Shadow Realm.|
|“||The world isn't ours anymore. You have failed to destroy it; I have failed to save it. Perhaps they can fare better. You are no longer worthy of wielding Excalibur!||„|
|~ Morgana's redemption as she strips King Arthur of his rights of using Excalibur.|
Morgana (real name: Morgan le Fay) is a major character in the Tales of Arcadia franchise.
She is a powerful witch who was Merlin's pupil before she betrayed him and became his sworn enemy, and served as Claire's possessor. Being merciless and sadistic, Morgana's ultimate goal is to unleash the Eternal Night upon the world and destroy mankind through Gunmar and the Gumm-Gumms. She was also Angor Rot's mistress before his redemption and King Arthur's sister, as well as one of Bellroc and Skrael's pawns before her own redemption.
- 1 Roles
- 2 Physical Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4 Powers and Abilities
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 External links
- 9 Navigation
She first appeared as the main antagonist of the first installment, Trollhunters (specifically being the unseen overarching antagonist of Part 1, the overarching antagonist of Part 2, and the main antagonist of Part 3), one of the overarching antagonists of the second installment, 3Below, a major protagonist in the third installment, Wizards and a posthumous protagonist in Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans.
She also appears as the overarching antagonist of the Trollhunters novel series, appearing in Age of the Amulet, The Way of the Wizard, and Angor Reborn, and is mentioned in the Dark Horse graphic novel The Felled. She is the main antagonist of the video game Trollhunters: Defenders of Arcadia.
|“||She's beautiful… but totally evil. Yeah. Yeah. We have to stop her.||„|
|~ Tobias Domzalski being distracted about Morgana's beauty before he focuses on defeating her.|
In her physical form, Morgana appears as a beautiful woman with fair skin and green eyes, being clad in golden armor that covers her entire body except her eyes, mouth, and hands. She wears a green cape attached to the back of her armor. Her helmet has an emerald encrusted slightly above her forehead, and she wears a green prosthetic where her left hand once was, which was because Arthur cut her hand off.
In her spirit form, Morgana appears as a fiery humanoid being, and her eyes glow green. Unlike in her physical form, her cape is a golden yellow.
|“||Morgana tried to help me save Jim, but all I saw was anger and darkness.||„|
|~ Claire about Morgana being consumed by her own hatred.|
Morgana was a treacherous, scheming, and malicious witch who will do anything to get what she wants, and one of the biggest threats that Team Trollhunters has ever faced, though she still genuinely had good intentions and redeemed herself in the end.
She was incredibly manipulative and cruel, as she made a deal with Angor Rot that if he gives her his soul, then she will give him the power to defend his village; however, she cheated on her deal by ruthlessly enslaving his soul by turning it into the Inferna Copula, which she used to force him against his own will so he could kill Merlin's Trollhunters. Her manipulativeness even extended to the point where she took the form of Barbara Lake to convince Stricklander to use the Shadow Staff to close the portal so Claire would be trapped in the Shadow Realm, and she even reveals to Angor Rot that Gunmar is nothing more than her pawn and she will kill him when he's no longer needed, while at the same time telling Angor that he is her champion and that he will stand by her side when the world becomes hers, even though, in reality, Angor is just another pawn and she will use anyone to get what she wants, which means she was using Gunmar and Angor as her puppets. When Angor Rot redeemed himself after being reminded by the current Trollhunter, Jim Lake, Jr., of the hero he once was, Morgana saw him as a failure as she exclaimed that he is supposed to fight for her.
Morgana was also extremely sadistic, as she would find the worst ways when dealing with an opponent. She enjoyed every bit of brutalizing and mocking Merlin during their battle in Heartstone Trollmarket. As there were so many ways to kill him, she decided to use them all, but became furious when the souls of past Trollhunters possessed many Gumm-Gumms and came to fight her and protect Merlin, killing many of the possessed Gumm-Gumms in the process. Additionally, she attempted to kill Jim in his half-troll form by flinging him into the fiery twister instead of giving him a speedy death.
What made her all the eviler were her destructive characteristics and her genocidal tendencies. Merlin claimed that Morgana craves chaos, which was the very reason why she supposedly created the War for the Surface Lands in the first place. She wanted to rule the entire world with her widespread chaos and malice, starting by releasing the Eternal Night upon it, which would keep the sun from shining on the Earth permanently and allow trollkind to consume mankind. She especially hates Merlin as he created the Amulet of Daylight with her left hand, something her brother, King Arthur, took away from her, and he was also Arthur's advisor.
Of course, what ultimately led Morgana down to the path of evil in the first place was Arthur's prejudice and genocidal intent against all magical beings. She was a true friend to his wife-to-be, Guinevere, as the three of them played in the Wild Wood to escape their troubles, and she and Guinevere encountered Nari only for Arthur to scare her of by swinging his sword at her, and later on, after Arthur and Guinevere got married and the latter followed Morgana into the Wild Wood one day, Guinevere stumbled across a Stalkling's nest and was killed by said Stalkling, which Morgana was horrified by. This led King Arthur's xenophobia to increase to genocide on all magical creatures regardless of whether or not they were good or evil, and thus, Morgana fought for their freedom. However, she came to hate Arthur for what she did, which Skrael and Bellroc used to their advantage so they could corrupt her and turn her into their puppet as the Eldritch Queen and the Mother of Monsters. Despite this, Morgana still cared about Arthur's life to an extent as when she tried to reconcile with him, she was horrified upon seeing Bellroc stab him to his death from behind. Thus, she did not crave chaos nor create the War for the Surface Lands like Merlin claimed she did.
Even when she was imprisoned, she still genuinely cared for trollkind as the reason why she wanted to crush mankind, rule the world, and unleash the Eternal Night upon it in the first place was to ensure the freedom of trollkind at last, as they would have no more fear of mankind nor the possibility of turning into stone. However, she felt that a sacrifice was necessary in order to do so, as evidenced when she killed some Gumm-Gumms to cause the Eternal Night.
After her release from the Shadow Realm by Bellroc and Skrael, Morgana wasn't satisfied as it was quiet and peaceful in there, and she also felt very remorseful for her actions. She was shocked when she saw that the Green Knight was King Arthur back from the grave, and also had an ounce of sadness when he killed Merlin, which implies that she cared about him to an extent as well. After the Arcane Order entered Merlin's library in their search for Nari and the Genesis Seals so they could destroy and remake the world, Morgana tried to reach out to Arthur in the Shadow Realm as she believed he was brainwashed by them, only to find out that he joined them by his own accord because he believed that the only path to redemption is by going along with their plans.
Eventually, Morgana was redeemed during her last battle against King Arthur as the Green Knight. As they kept fighting and the latter used the corrupted Excalibur to fatally wound Morgana by thrusting a shard at her left abdomen, he asked her why she kept fighting because what she wanted was to fix the world, she admitted that the world doesn't belong to either one of them anymore and that the Guardians can do better, and stripped Arthur of his right to wield Excalibur. In her final moments, she used the last of her magic to lift up one of Camelot's remains and use it to crush King Arthur to his second and final death. Following this, she makes amends with Merlin as they live together peacefully in the afterlife before walking out the door to parts unknown.
Powers and Abilities
|“||You think I'm powerful now? Just wait until the Eternal Night frees me from my PRISON!||„|
|~ Morgana gloating through Claire about how powerful she truly is in her true form.|
Being a witch who is associated with magic and having experimented it with Merlin before her betrayal, Morgana is capable of many powers and abilities. With everything she is capable of, no one is safe whenever she's involved. She is considered to be one of the most powerful beings in existence, who can only be rivaled by a full-powered Merlin. She easily outclasses the Trollhunters and was seconds away from killing them if not for Angor's intervention.
- Immortality: As a witch who existed before mankind, Morgana is a true immortal and can live forever. Not even the Sword of Daylight can penetrate her, as shown when Jim tried to kill her with it, she suffered no injuries.
- Pyrokinesis: Morgana is can use flames at her will, as she used a fiery twister to begin the Eternal Night.
- Magic Blasts: Morgana is capable of creating very powerful magic blasts that are able to kill several people. She tried to use this on Jim's friends, but he took the blast instead even though he was able to survive, as he was a half-troll by then.
- Telekinesis: Morgana can lift objects with her magical powers using only her thoughts.
- Shapeshifting: Morgana is able to change her form into anyone she wants, such as when she disguised herself as Barbara Lake to persuade Stricklander into closing the portal.
- Necromancy: Morgana is powerful enough to bring back others from the dead, as shown when she resurrected Angor Rot and gave him his soul back so he could be her pawn once more.
- Flight: As a witch, Morgana is able to fly at great speed and even levitate with ease.
- Mind Control: Morgana was able to brainwash Claire into bringing Angor Rot's head to her as part of a scheme to free herself. She was also close to controlling Strickler, until Blinky stepped in just in time.
- Possession: Aside from brainwashing someone, Morgana is also able to use her spirit to possess people as well. She possessed Claire to force her to attempt to kill Jim in the living room of her house, even taking control of her body while Claire's spirit was in the Shadow Realm.
- Astral Projection: Despite her imprisonment, Morgana was able to make an astral projection of herself, which takes the form of a woman made out of flames.
- Manipulation: Morgana is excellent at manipulating those around her. This is especially shown during her interactions with Angor Rot, who gave her his own soul in exchange for power so he could protect his village, though Morgana wiped out his memories of even being a hero. Later on, she even manipulated him that he was her champion while Gunmar is just a pawn.
- Staffsmanship: Morgana was able to use the Staff of Avalon in her Eternal Night ritual, and can even use it during her combat with Merlin.
- Tactician: While she was still imprisoned, Morgana became the spiritual advisor of the Janus Order, who worshiped her, so that Gunmar could be freed from the Darklands. She would later use Gunmar to free herself from her prison so she could bring forth the Eternal Night.
|Appearances in the Franchise|
- When Morgana makes the Inferna Copula, she does so with her right hand. Ironically, in "The Hall of the Gumm-Gumm King", her right-hand does not glow, unlike her face and her left hand. This is because her right hand is actually part of her body, while her left hand is a prosthetic created by Nari. She regains her real left hand in the afterlife.
- This version of Morgana is depicted as both Morgan le Fay from Authurian mythology and Baba Yaga from Russian folklore as one character.
- Despite being a human, one of her titles is the Eldritch Queen of the Seventh Plane, though that title was given to her by Bellroc. In the Trollhunters graphic novel The Felled, a Trollhunter named Spar the Spiteful mentioned Morgana when mankind were primitive cave people, though by the time Wizards was released, it's debatable whether or not it is canon.
More to be added