|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Nana looked into the fires of Hell... and she saw me.||„|
|~ Mr. Hopps|
Mr. Hopps is the main antagonist of the indie horror game Mr. Hopps Playhouse.
Mr. Hopps is a toy rabbit who was given to Ruby by her grandmother, Esther. Prior to Esther's death, the rabbit mysteriously comes to life one night and goes on a murderous rampage around the child protagonist's home, killing her parents and stalking her across the house, forcing her to engage in a deadly game of hide and seek in which she must continually evade the monstrous rabbit, who has grown into a human-sized rabbit with sharp fangs.
During her travels ruby uncovers more about the origins of Mr. Hopps via old tapes found around the house, which explains that Esther was becoming increasing unhinged in her final days, eventually forcing her to be admitted into hospital due to mental unrest. It is revealed via an ominous message on the wall that Esther was actually driven mad by Mr. Hopps, who also likely caused her death in hospital. It is possibly implied that Mr. Hopps is a demon due to a message stating "Nana looked into the fires of hell and she saw me.".
Eventually, Ruby manages to find the combination for her father's safe and obtains a gun, which she uses to pursue Mr. Hopps into the basement, where he tries to attack her via a slow, lumbering walk only to fade into shadows after being shot several times.
This does not stop Mr. Hopps however, as the demon takes the form of the deceased Esther to lower Ruby's guard before transforming into a gigantic monster and pursuing her again. However Ruby manages to escape the home just before the demon can capture her and seemingly finally rids herself of his evil presence, though at a high price as armed police arrive and take her away, the last scene depicts a crime scene investigator picking up Mr. Hopps, who is once again a seemingly harmless toy.
Powers and Abilities
Mr. Hopps is a demonic entity with many different abilities, despite the relatively simple nature of the game Mr. Hopps displayed a wide array of powers such as:
- Superhuman Strength: Mr. Hopps is strong enough to tear adult humans to pieces, leaving nothing but blood in his wake.
- Superhuman Speed: Mr. Hopps has incredible speed, though it can also become potentially limitless since he can also teleport and control dimensional space.
- Limited Omniscience: Mr. Hopps has displayed incredible knowledge on a wide range of subjects to do with his victim, able to know her name and family members as well her fears and other details one should not normally know without prior knowledge of an individual's history.
- Shape-shifting: Mr. Hopps can take many shapes, varying from a small plush rabbit to gigantic monsters - these are likely only a small sample of the forms Mister Hopps can take.)
- Immortality: Mister Hopps is a demonic spirit who claims to originate from Hell, as such he is not able to die.
- Superhuman Senses: Mr. Hopps has very keen senses, especially hearing, allowing him to detect the slightest movements with ease.
- Possession: Mr. Hopps can possess others or at the very least induce madness, as he drove Esther insane before her death and likely forced her into making the small rabbit toy he would use to terrorize Ruby.
- Mr. Hopps states that he originated from Hell, suggesting he is an Abrahamic demon of some description. If this is true, then Mr. Hopps is likely not the true name of the monster, this would keep inline with demon mythology, which states that a demon will guard its true name (since having knowledge of a spirit's true name gives a mortal power over it).