He was voiced by Roger Craig Smith, who also voiced a number of characters in the show.
The Night Owl holds a contest over the radio waves, offering a vintage muscle car for the last person standing on top of a huge billboard. Once he learns that the remaining contestants Mordecai, Rigby, Muscle Man, and High-Five Ghost, have planned to share the car together, he freezes them in liquid nitrogen after fooling them into fighting each other in order to preserve his popularity for eternity.
By the year 4224 AD, the Night Owl is monumentally famous and has a museum which was built around the contest and having his head and mind preserved in an owl-shaped robotic body. Once Mordecai and the gang are unfrozen, they take the muscle car to the time machine exhibit that the Night Owl built in his own museum, only to be stopped by the Night Owl himself. The gang, however, ran his robot over which made his head fall out and took the time machine to the very first day of the contest. They destroy the billboard and the car, and muscle man punches the Night Owl in the face, stopping his contest for good.
The Night Owl from the future later returns in the half-hour special "Exit 9B" as one of Garrett Bobby Ferguson Jr.'s minions with a non-speaking role. He was then sent back to Hell.
- The sunglasses that the Night Owl wears are identical to the pair that Low Five Ghost wears.
- Night Owl's fans are called "Hooter-Heads".
- He might still be in college because he maxed out his student loans for that car.
- On the advertising billboard for the Night Owl, he has red sunglasses, but he wears blue sunglasses for the rest of the episode.
- His name is most likely based on the real life radio and TV personality, "Fritz The Nite Owl".
- He is considered by many fans to be one of the most evil villains in the show's history, due to the fact that he robs the main characters of their whole lives just so he can make himself famous.
- His future version ceased to exist after Mordecai, Rigby, Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost went back in time to end his contest and his past version was knocked unconscious by Muscle Man. Only his future version was revived in Exit 9B.