This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
Nightmare Foxy is one of the secondary antagonists in in the final installment to the Five Nights at Freddys' 4. He represents the child's abusive older brother.
Role in the game
Nightmare Foxy will commonly become active Night 2 onwards, although he may rarely become active on Night 1. He hides in the closet and will slowly reveal himself. Much like other games, neglecting to check on Nightmare Foxy will result in a gameover. Going to the closet view, Foxy will either appear as a head or his complete body. If Nightmare Foxy is about to attack the player, he will chomp his jaws up and down and scream. The only way to prevent his attack is the close the closet door. If successful, he will turn back into a foxy plush. Also, on any of the nights, if you click the Freddy plush on your bed 20+ times Nightmare Foxy will come out to kill you.
- He is the third and final incarnation of Foxy. The others were Mangle and Phantom Foxy.
- However, unlike his predecessors, he lacks 2 eyepatches.
- He also has a very long, yet small tongue.
- The words "Out Of Order" can be seen when brightening up Nightmare Foxy's image.
- It was noted by 8bit-gaming that the position of 2 hooks looks like it may be a question mark, possibly making the phrase "Out Of Order?"
- The word 'Nightmare' is hidden in Foxy's teeth.
- The numbers "87" can be seen in Foxy's eyes by darkening the image rather than brightening it.
- Nightmare Foxy is the only one with a jumpscare that could be stopped if the closet is closed
- Nightmare Foxy is the only animatronic in the entire series to have some form of a tongue.
- He represents the child's big brother.