The Nightmares are monsters who invade the island of Koholint and are the primary antagonists and bosses in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening and its remake.
The Nightmares showed up at Koholint want to rule over and to accomplish this, they must stop the Wind Fish from being awakened by the Instruments of the Sirens. They decided to steal them and have each of them hidden in one of the eight dungeons, which are their lairs. The Nightmares also created monsters and traps to stop Link from awaking the Wind Fish. They are intelligent enough in human speech as they talk to Link or try to scare or warn him from retrieving the Instruments.
List of Nightmares
- Moldorm (Found in the Tail Cave)
- Genie (Found in Bottle the Grotto)
- Slime Eye (Found in the Key Cavern)
- Angler Fish (Found in the Angler's Tunnel)
- Slime Eel (Found in the Catfish's Maw)
- Facade (Found in the Face Shrine)
- Evil Eagle (Found in Eagle's Tower)
- Hot Head (Found in Turtle Rock)
- DethI (Found in the Wind Fish's Egg)