|“||This is a nightmare that you won't wake from!||„|
|“||I am the fearful reflection of what you have created!||„|
Nightmarionne, otherwise known as Nightmare Puppet, is a major antagonist in the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise, serving as the main antagonist and final boss of Five Nights at Freddy's 4: Halloween Edition, a major antagonist and mascot in Ultimate Custom Night and a supporting antagonist in Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted.
It is the nightmare counterpart of the Puppet and one of the few new Nightmare animatronics that were introduced in the DLC, alongside Nightmare Balloon Boy and Nightmare Mangle. Nightmarionne replaces Nightmare in the Halloween Edition, and thus shares the same role and behavior.
He is voiced by Aleks Le, who also voices Amy Kirio.
Nightmarionne generally appears to be very similar to the Puppet. The most significant change in design is a large smile full of sharp-looking teeth as well as being much darker in color to the point of being colorless. Nightmarionne sports longer, even lankier limbs than its Five Nights at Freddy's 2 counterpart and a torso with a set of protruding ribs. Its fingers are longer and thinner than the Puppet's.
Five Nights at Freddy's 4: Halloween Update
Nightmarionne behaves exactly like Nightmare Fredbear and Nightmare and can attack from the Bed, Closet, Left Hall, and Right Hall.
Nightmarionne is also notably slightly more aggressive than Nightmare, and can strike as often as every 2 seconds on rare occasions. One can hear the Music Box instead of footsteps that Nightmare Fredbear and Nightmare produce. Like Nightmare Fredbear and Nightmare, Nightmarionne can laugh indicating he is either in the closet or on the bed. Note that if you hear footsteps alongside the laugh, Nightmarionne isn't in either said places.
Ultimate Custom Night
Nightmarionne returns as a customizable enemy in the game Ultimate Custom Night. In this game, Nightmarionne will slowly start to appear the longer the player's mouse cursor is on them. If Nightmarionne fully appears, it will jumpscare the player, resulting in a game over. Nightmarionne appears overtime faster the higher it's A.I is set to.
Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted
Nightmarionne appears in the second Night Terrors level. He may appear in the hallways, where the door must be shout to prevent his attack or under the bed, in the closer on in the ceiling, where she will move her fingers like they're tentacles where the player must use her flashlight to make him go away.
- When Nightmarionne is active, the Music Box from Five Nights at Freddy's 2 can be heard.
- Nightmarionne is the only Nightmare animatronic to possess only one set of teeth.
- Although Nightmare Chica's cupcake shares this feature, it is technically not its own separate animatronic.
- Strangely, Nightmarionne's name appears to be a portmanteau of the word "nightmare" and "marionne". It is unknown why the animatronic was given this name instead of "Nightmarionette", which would be a portmanteau of "nightmare" and "marionette".
- It is possible that this was simply a typo on Scott's part, or perhaps that the text simply got cut off.
- in the name and the spelling of it comes into play here: The French for "Puppet" is "Marionnette" with two Ns, and (as French is a gendered language) feminine. A masculine equivalent, if it had one, would likely be "Marionne". This is furthered by the voice it eventually receives: where its "real" counterpart has the high and feminine voice of a little girl, it is given a deep, vaguely masculine voice.
- Nightmarionne is the only animatronic in the entire series that is completely colorless.
- It is also the only "toy animatronic" that has no blush on its cheeks.
- Like Plushtrap, Nightmarionne is a Nightmare animatronic without five fingers.
- Nightmarionne only has three fingers, unlike Plushtrap, who has four.
- Brightening the third teaser for the Halloween Update will reveal Nightmarionne in a similar fashion to the Puppet's teaser for Five Nights at Freddy's 2.
- Its teaser is titled dontwakethebaby.jpg, a reference to YouTuber Markiplier, who constantly said "don't wake the baby" whenever he had to rewind the Puppet's music box while playing Five Nights at Freddy's 2.
- If you take one of its death quotes in UCN as an example, it is a representation of the monster that people believed the actual Marionette to be before it's tragic past and identity were revealed. However it could also be referring to Nightmare, whom he replaced.
- However, it might be because Nightmarionne is a dark reflection of the Puppet, which William Afton "created" by killing Charlotte, the girl who would go on to possess the animatronic.
- His design is similar to Jack Skelington.
- Nightmarionne, along with the Halloween characters, were originally considered non-canon. However, they, except Jack-O-Bonnie, appear in Ultimate Custom Night, as the animatronics haunting the protagonist.