|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Wh-Wh-Who's there? Stay-Stay back! Stay back! Get-Get any closer an' I'll-l-l light this place up! I suppose you came here to l-l-laugh at me too?!||„|
|~ Paul threatening Frank.|
Paul Carson is one of the bosses or psychopaths featured in the 2006 video game Dead Rising. It is also an optional boss in the main mode 72 Hours, who can be found on the 3rd day at 5 a.m. in Wonderland Plaza in the Casual Gals women's clothing store during the scoop Long Haired Punk. He is an emotionally unstable, paranoid teenager who threatens two women in the back room of the store to throw a Molotov cocktail at them. He is voiced by Gabriel Olds.
He was voiced by Gabriel Olds.
It is very likely that Paul was not a very well-liked student in the school due to his addressing the two women and Frank who claims they are laughing at him.
At 5:00 a.m. on September 21, Otis informs Frank that he spotted Paul in one of the women's clothing stores in Wonderland Plaza terrorizing two innocent women in the back room of the store. He told him to be careful because he saw that the boy had a Molotov cocktail in his hands.
Frank West goes to the place Otis told him to save the two women and stop the attacker. Inside the store, Debbie Willett and Mindy Baker cower in fear as Paul threatens to throw a Molotov cocktail at them. Debbie pleads him not to do this as they didn't do anything to him, to which Paul responds by accusing them of staring at him all the time and laughing at his looks and who he is.
Frank, not knowing how to approach someone so unstable and holding a Molotov cocktail in his hand, tries to approach him quietly from behind. However, Frank stumbles over the lighter fuel canister, scaring Paul, who immediately tells Frank to step back or he'll blow the whole place up. Paul assumes that Frank has come to mock him too, prompting him to attack Frank.
Paul's boss battle is very simplistic, but not easy. The key to winning lies within keeping close to him, ready to attack.
- The bulk of Paul's battle consists of him running throughout the level while he drops a trail of pipe bombs behind him. This forces you to follow closely behind him as he runs, straying to far behind will cause you to fall victim to his bombs.
- After a string of pipe bombs he will stop to catch his breath, giving you a chance to attack, but this can only be achieved for a few seconds, which is why keeping close is very important.
- When stopping, Paul may also throw a Molotov cocktail. It's important to dodge his throw first then attack, attacking before he throws causes him to drop the Molotov, causing you damage as well.
- Paul's most devastating attack is undoubtedly his use of explosive RC cars, which he deploys whenever you get too far out of range from his primary attacks. The car's follow the player with exceptional speed, and often in groups, making them a formidable and irritating attack.
After Paul is defeated, he manages to light one last molotov to attack Frank with, but accidentally trips, catching himself on fire by mistake, as Frank watches in horror. Frank, through the player's actions, has the choice of letting Paul live or die. Letting him die, is easily achieved by doing nothing, and offers nothing in return. Letting him live, requires Frank to pick up a nearby fire extinguisher, and put out the fire before his health runs out. Saving Paul causes him to join you, giving you another survivor to save, offering the ability to gain XP through a number of ways, and also helps for achievement purposes and gives an unlimited Molotov Cocktails that Frank can use.
- Paul's last name "Carson" is a play on the word "arson", his most favorable activity.
- Paul is 19 years old, but has a deeply aged appearance. This could be brought on by intense stress, an obvious trait of his.
- Paul's basic appearance and characteristics give a hint at his inspiration being that of a bullied troubled high school youth, who one day snaps, leading him to retaliate and either bomb, or "shoot-up" his school.