|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
This Villain was proposed and approved by Villains Wiki's Pure Evil Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this villain from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a futile "heroic" attempt of redemption) and the user will have high chances of being
Perpeuta is a major antagonist in DC Comics and serves as the main antagonist of both the Year of the Villain saga and Dark Night: Death Metal. She a is a member of a god-like race called the Super Celestials and is the creator of the DC Multiverse before it was altered by her children.
Billions of years ago, A race known as the Super Celestials were tasked by the Judges of the Source to create new life within the Omnisverse. However, the one named Perpetua desired to eliminate the judges by using the seven hidden forces to make a Multiverse she could use as an everlasting weapon. She then created her children Alpheus, Mobius and Mar Novu from the Overvoid to keep watch on the multiverses various realms. Five billion years later, Perpetua made human/martian hybrids called Apex Predators to inhabit the Multiverse and serve as soldiers against the Judges of the Source. However, the judges were alerted of Perpetua's treachery by her children, and they sent the Cosmic Raptor to seal Perpetua and the Totality of her powers away inside the Source Wall that the raptor had created.
Perpetua was forced to watch as her children transformed the Multiverse into a less savage state that was free of her Apex Predators until eons later, the Source Wall was shattered after the events of Dark Nights: Metal, allowing Perpetua to escape her imprisonment while her powers in its Totality was sent to Earth. Her kind hoped that in time, by watching the growing of her childrens from her prison, she would learn to love them but instead, she raged and whispered to anyone who might hear her, stocked them greed, desire, instigating crisis.
Dark Nights: Death Metal
Perpetua battled against the Justice League at some point, she harnessed all the Crisis Energy and the league harnessed all Connevtive Energy and their fight ended on a massive blow that exhausted both forces. Thanks to The Batman Who Laughs who give her access to the Dark Multiverse on which she feeds on the greatest crisises like COIE that happen eternally in the dark, Perpetua has now an unlimited power source. She has destroyed Earth-22, the universe where the 'Kingdom Come' world exists, reducing the Multiverse from fifty two universe to only eight with more falling each passing day. It's only a matter of time before Perpetua manages to eliminate the entire Multiverse and remake it in her own image.
Perpetua appear as a white slender alien with grotesque horns that looks like a DNA spring and wear a red dress and has small planet-looking spheres around her neck as a necklace.
Powers and Abilities
- Nigh-Omnipotence: Unlike the others celestials beings, Perpetua wields the Crisis energy, the negative form of multiversal energy, based primarily around greed and selfishness, allowing her to create an eternal Multiverse instead of giving itself to birth a reality using the positive Connective Energy, born from The Presence, of The Source. Despite not having her full strength, she can destroy universes though it taxes her forces. Even her childrens including the Anti-Monitor were unable to defeat her without help. Even asleep, planets form around her fingers and galaxies were born and die around her.
- Still Forces: The Still Force halt motions, baring the potential to induce and accelerate the force of entropy. Opposite to the Speed Force.
- Invisible Spectrum: The Invisible Spectrum feeds on refouled primal emotions, especially hatred. Opposite to the Emotional Spectrum.
- Tear of Extinction: The Tear of Extinction induces death to anyone it touch, even immortal gods are not immune. Opposite to the Life Force.
- Void Wind: The Void Wind snuff out magic and gods, opposite to the Sphere of the Gods.
- Black Apple: The Black Apple is based around forbidden knowledge, opposite to the Collective Uncounscious.
- Sixth Note: The Sixth Note is a power beyond imagination itself, opposite to the Dimensional Superstructure of the Multiverse.
- Faithlessness: Faithlessness is based around the crual and selfish nature people have. Opposite to Faithfulness.
- Chaos Magic: Chaos Magic doesn't follow any sort of pentagram, sigils, and rules like that of the Magic of Order.
- Anti-Life Equation: The Anti-Life Equation also known as Anti-Life is a transcendental mathematical formula able to dominate the will of any sentient beings.
- Cosmic Awereness: Perpetua can sense various events throughout the Multiverse.
- Clairvoyance: Perpetua can peer into the Fourth Dimension to watch the future.
- Size Alteration: Perpetua can alter her size from normal heights to the size of several planets and even larger to the point of holding the Multiverse in her hands within the Sixth Dimension.
- Power Bestowal: Perpetua can bestow powers to others, primarily the Crisis energy like she did with Lex Luthor or the Anti-Monitor when she infused him with the Anti-Life.
- Apparently the multiverse that Perpetua created (before it was altered) was the original incarnation of the DC Multiverse, which existed before the Pre-Crisis version.
- Her Marvel Comics counterpart would most likely be the First Firmament.
- Despite her vast powers she is still not the supreme being of DC Comics. Other villains who have rivaled her power include the Great Evil Beast and Lucifer Morningstar (it is worth noting that in Lucifer's case he is part of Vertigo, which often does not comply fully with the canon of mainstream DC). She is also below the power of the Writer (who is considered the true supreme being of DC (at least according to Morrison's works).