|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||The falcon soaring through the air is called Pet Shop! It is the wielder of the Stand Horus, God of the Sky.||„|
|~ Pet Shop as described by the narrator.|
|“||It's not just persistent! It's a stalking killing machine! And if it catches me it won't just kill me... It'll eat me!||„|
|~ Iggy on Pet Shop.|
Pet Shop is the name of the pet peregrine falcon of Dio Brando and a minor antagonist in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders. His stand, Horus, represents one of the nine Egyptian gods of prosperity.
Dio Brando keeps this falcon as the sentinel of his mansion in Cairo. Pet Shop, as he was known, attacks anyone who approaches the mansion without warning. Iggy, a stray dog who was accompanying Jotaro and his group (against his will) accidentally finds the mansion, as he watches Pet Shop decapitating two dogs who were peeking in the gate of the mansion and drag the carcasses into the mansion's perimeter.
A beggar, hired by the group to find the mansion, also arrives at the place, only to be crushed under a gigantic icicle. Iggy then notices the falcon is a Stand user, deciding to leave the place since he didn't gave a damn about Dio. Acting as a mindless animal, Iggy manages to avoid Pet Shop's attention when the raptor redirects his focus on the canine. But as a boy tries entering the mansion to find his missing dogs, Iggy is forced to fight the bird in order to save the kid.
Iggy manages to run away to a sewer, but the dog was relentlessly chased by the bird. There, he make a decoy with his Stand and manages to hurt Pet Shop, but he simply freezes the wound to cure it and continue hunting down Iggy. He freezes the entire place and stops Iggy from running, forcing him to cut his own paw in order to flee the place.
They continue their deadly cat-and-mouse chase underwater, as Iggy deflects Pet Shop's icicles, hurting one of his wings. Pet Shop then freezes all the water around Iggy in an attempt to crush him. Iggy digs underwater tunnel to escape the mad raptor, only to find Pet Shop being one step ahead of the dog and lying in wait. Pet Shop summons Horus' cryokinetic power to get a straight shot at Iggy but Iggy, in an act of desperation, defeats the falcon by biting onto his beak, resulting the Pet Shop's cryokinetic power blowing up, killing the psychotic raptor. Due to his fight against Pet Shop, Iggy was heavily wounded and would be forced to fight against Dio and his men in a worst possible physical condition. During the battle against Vanilla Ice , further injuries inflicted by the villain in addition to worsened physical condition in his fight against Pet Shop, would cost Iggy his life.
Powers and Abilities
Pet Shop's stand, Horus, allows him to create ice in the form of sharp icicles or even huge blocks. He can also freeze water or the air around him, and also cure his wounds.
- In the anime, Pet Shop lacks a voice actor, instead using stock sound effects by Yasamasa Koyama.
- Pet Shop wears a falconry hood with the eyes notably exposed. While standard hoods have the eyes covered to make sure the falcon doesn't run wild and attack whoever they please, Pet Shop's hood lacks this. This makes sense due to his ruthlessness and his habit to attack anyone he perceives as a threat.
- Despite birds lacking the facial muscles to smile, Pet Shop seems to be capable of doing so.
- In the Super Famicom video game adaptation of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, all of the Stardust Crusaders must fend off Pet Shop, rather than just Iggy.
- Pet Shop is infamous in the fighting game community due to his immense power and movement options in the fighting games that feature him, especially in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future.