|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|Jafar says: Read my lips and come to grips with the reality!|
|“||Art is suffering! I don't expect a man of your limited education to understand! Without darkness there is no light! Don't you understand anything? She died so millions of others could experience truth through my art! To understand pain, it must be administered as well as felt.||„|
|~ Peter Dreyfuss attempting to justify himself to Franklin Clinton after being exposed as the murderer.|
Peter Dreyfuss is a minor antagonist in Grand Theft Auto V, being the main antagonist of the Letter Scraps Arc and the concluding Strangers and Freaks mission, "A Starlet in Vinewood".
He was voiced by Richard Hughes.
Dreyfuss was a director in the 1970s known for his controversial movies. In 1975, he tortured and killed Leonora Johnson. After this he wrote a confession letter to David Richards, stating that he had to kill her for artistic purposes. Richards tore up the letter and scattered them across Los Santos and Blaine County.
After all fifty pieces of the confession letter have been collected, Franklin Clinton visits Dreyfuss' house to confront him about the murder. Dreyfuss attempts to run away, and Franklin can either kill Dreyfuss or let him go. However, the in-game gold requirement to complete the mission requires him to be killed, so his death is canonical.
- 1975 - The Many Wives of Alfredo Smith
- 1977 - Bury Me
- 1983 - Butchery And Other Hobbies
- 1986 - Blue Blood
- 1989 - The Redeemer
- 1991 - Last Will and Testament
- Peter owns a black Landstalker SUV with the license plate DR3YFU55. If the player has Franklin kill him, the SUV can be taken and kept after the mission.
- All three Grand Theft Auto V protagonists can collect Peter's letter scraps, but the following side-mission is only available to Franklin.
- Completion of the "Strangers & Freaks" mission involving him will unlock the Achievement/Trophy "A Mystery, Solved". It is worth fifteen Gamerscore points for the PC, XBOX 360, and XBOX ONE and a Bronze trophy grade for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. However, to get the gold medal, the player must have Franklin kill Peter Dreyfuss, suggesting this is the canon option.
- Further suggesting that the above gold objective is canon, Weasel News will confirm that he was killed regardless if he was spared by the player.
- Despite his minor involvement in the main story, Dreyfuss proves to be one of the most unpleasant characters in the entire game (possibly beating out Steve Haines and even Devin Weston) in terms of vileness, as he murdered Leonora Johnson and tormented her parents simply because he could and he shows no remorse for his actions whatsoever, making it all the more satisfying for Franklin (or the player) to kill him.
- The names of all the films Peter has directed could be seen as hints to his admission to the murder, his initial guilt, the supposed "redemption" in his own eyes, and then possibly a plan to confess his crimes posthumously to let the world know what he did without going to prison for it.
- Peter Dreyfuss - Grand Theft Auto Wiki