|“||It is our board of directors which I must look in the iron off my uncle. Wherever you must trust me these problems, we also got to be rendered moot. A few weeks time, they'll be long forgotten. Careful, this should cost more than your education.||„|
|~ Ludlow to Malcolm.|
|~ Ludlow's last words before gettin eaten by the baby T. rex.|
Peter Ludlow is the main antagonist of the 1997 live-action film The Lost World: Jurassic Park, the second installment of the Jurassic Park film series.
He was portrayed by Arliss Howard.
Peter Ludlow was the nephew of John Hammond in the movie, but unlike his uncle (who learns the error of his ways) Ludlow still admired his vision of Jurassic Park and wanted to revive his uncle's dream. However, he didn't exactly use the most humane methods in order to accomplish his goal. First of all, he wanted to resurrect the abandoned San Diego Facility, which his uncle had abandoned in favor of the more favorable Isla Nublar location. He sends a huge team to Isla Sorna to bring back a male Tyrannosaurus rex for his new tourist attraction in San Diego.
However, his plan backfires; the Tyrannosaurus eventually escapes from the ship's cargo hold and causes chaos in the city, resulting in the deaths of the ship's crew, a citizen, and a family dog, much to Ludlow's horror. Meanwhile, Ludlow is looking for the baby and finds it. However, just then the adult arrives. It attacks Ludlow and first picks him up in its jaws by the leg and crushes it. He screams in pain and can only watch as the baby T. rex lunges on top of him since the father decided to use it as the baby's first self-hunted meal. Then, after that, both the baby T. rex and the adult T. Rex are returned to Isla Sorna.
Jurassic Park: Redemption
- Main article: Peter Ludlow (IDW)
- In the book, the role of the villain was played by Lewis Dodgson, who appeared in the first film as well but is never seen again afterward.
- Ludlow is married because he wears a wedding ring which can be seen when he is riding in the Jeep in Roland Tembo's introductory scene.
- Gary Oldman was offered the role of Peter Ludlow, but he turned it down due to scheduling conflicts. He was replaced by Arliss Howard.
- Despite his status as the main antagonist, Ludlow isn't outstandingly evil nor does anything remarkably vile, as he actually tolerates Malcolm's group through the Island, even genuinely apologizing for Eddie Car's death. Should he have lived, the heroes could've convinced him to abandon the "Jurassic Park San Diego" idea.
- Peter Ludlow on the Antagonists Wiki
- Peter Ludlow on the Jurassic Park Wiki
- Peter Ludlow on the LEGO Wiki