This Villain was proposed and approved by Villains Wiki's Pure Evil Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this villain from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a futile "heroic" attempt of redemption) and the user will have high chances of being
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Oink, oink... little piggy.||„|
|~ Pyg taunts his victims.|
|“||Oh, I beg to differ, mon frère. You and I both see all too well the corruption, the filth, inside the GCPD. You and I know that Gotham cannot survive unless the cancer is cut out. We both share the same mission, only I do it with a little bit more flair...||„|
|~ Pyg to Gordon.|
|“||You have all fed upon the poor of Gotham for years! Now you're going to know what they taste like...||„|
|~ Pyg feeds his captives human pies.|
Lazlo Valentin, known publicly as Professor Pyg, is a supporting antagonist in the TV series Gotham.
Pyg is an insane serial killer, targeting the corrupt officers inside the GCPD and dressing their corpses up in pig masks. This leads him to come across detective Jim Gordon, the sole policeman in Gotham who is not corrupt. Despite initially not planning to harm Gordon due to their mutual vision - creating a corruption-free Gotham - Pyg must come to realize that Gordon will keep hunting him down. Nonetheless, Pyg goes to great lengths to make sure Gordon is not harmed during his attacks and manages to kill a great deal of policemen in Gotham and remaining at large.
However, during an attempt on several members of Gotham's corrupt elite, Pyg is eventually defeated by Jim Gordon and arrested. However, after the GCPD eventually uncover his true identity as southern serial killer Lazlo Valentin, he escapes from Arkham Asylum. He is later involved in a conspiracy alongside Sofia Falcone to kill her father Don Falcone, revealed to be a pawn piece for her true plans, before she betrays and executes him as well.
|“||You came to this beautiful woman 'cause you had a problem. A Penguin problem. Pax Penguina was gonna last. But Sofia had an idea... What if there was a killer, real vicious son of a bitch, huntin' the police? All slice an' dice.||„|
|~ Lazlo Valentin reveals his identity to Jim Gordon.|
Due to the different personas he takes on, Lazlo Valentin's true personality is unclear. He does appear to have a fragile ego, as he yelled out at Jim Gordon after Gordon had stated that Valentin's reign of terror on Gotham would be forgotten and that he wasn't as big as other psychopaths existing in the city. This angry outburst gives Gordon just enough to get a lead on Valentin's past.
In his Professor Pyg persona, he acts very theatrical and despite his heinous crimes he claims that it is for the greater good as he wants to deal with the corruption in the city, although Jim Gordon states that he gets off on it.
It turns out Jim was right. While Lazlo did work for Sofia, he expressed sadisim when carrying out his crimes and even tried to kill Jim despite her having bigger plans. This proves that Lazlo was nothing more than a sadistic monster who enjoyed killing others regardless of persona.
|Victims killed by Professor Pyg|
|Appearances on The Show|
- In the comics, Professor Pyg is a mad scientist who experimented on humans to turn them into Dollotrons. He was also a member of the Circus of Strange.
- His actor stated that he won't create the Dollotrons in Season 4, saying they're "a later part in his life". Despite this though, the character was killed off.
- The name of his first victim, Metzger, is the German word for butcher.
- Gordon's fight against Pyg is similar to the Pyg battle in the video game Arkham Knight, in which Pyg throws cleavers at Batman while hiding behind a table.
- This version of Pyg is killed around a decade before Bruce Wayne becomes Batman and makes him one of the few Batman villains to be killed in the show before Bruce becomes the Dark Knight but its possible he could return due to the actor saying that the Dollotrons will be a part of his life later on but its Unknown in which way he would come back to life in the future.
- This version of Pyg is killed before Bruce Wayne becomes Batman, making him one of the few Batman characters to be killed off before Batman's arrival, which includes Sal Maroni, Carmine Falcone, Sarah Essen and Nora Fries.
- It is unclear if this version of Lazlo Valentin created the persona of Professor Pyg, or took the identity from another serial killer.