|“||I'm Prometheus, God of Forethought. And this is where you lose.||„|
Prometheus is one of the main antagonists in the DC Comics universe and is primarily an enemy of the Justice League.
He is a psychopath with a compulsive desire to destroy any and all forms of justice. He is often considered to be an evil counterpart to Batman, due to their similar origins and abilities.
After his criminal parents were killed in front of him by the police, Prometheus vowed to be an enemy of law and justice. Using the money his parents left behind, Prometheus traveled the world, both training himself, but also finding strange alien technology, which he uses in his fight against justice.
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Prometheus doesn't appear in the video game Batman: Arkham Asylum. One of the Riddler's riddles revolves around him.
He has an entry in the Character Bios. His profile states:
A dark reflection of Batman, Prometheus was raised by criminals, who were gunned down by policemen right in front of him. Dedicating his life to destroying the law, Prometheus traveled the world using his parents stolen fortune and trained in the ways of murder.
Clad in an armored suit that maximizes his natural skills, he is a master assassin whose physical and mental abilities rival Batman’s own.
Batman: Arkham City
Throughout the city there were newspaper clippings of a boy watching his criminal parents get killed in front of him. Also in the GCPD building there is a paper telling of his release from Arkham Asylum.
Two versions of Prometheus exists in the Arrowverse; the Earth One version appears as the main antagonist of season five of Arrow while the Earth-X equivalent appears in the "Crisis On Earth-X" crossover special. Although sharing the same name, this version barely resembles the original, being an entirely different character.
The Earth One version was portrayed by Josh Segarra.
Prometheus appeared in the Season Eleven comic book of Smallville. He utilizes an extensive range of equipment and technology. He wears a body armor and a modern-day version of a medieval helmet. Prometheus planned a bank robbery but was thwarted by Superman and Green Lantern.
He discussed the events that has happened at the bank while using a few men as target practice.
Prometheus's henchmen say the MPD bought the bait even though it caused more attention to their intended distraction. Prometheus tell his men that they will receive their fees, which have been transferred into various offshore accounts. As the men leave, one of them tells Prometheus that they confiscated the mech, leading a confident Prometheus thinking he can manage.
At the Daily Planet, Lois Lane and Oliver Queen hold a video-conference with Steve Trevor and Diana Prince of D.E.O. about the theft on their premises. They then say that the D.E.O.'s mystics were able to conjure an image of the person responsible, an unidentified man wearing a big armor with highly advanced weaponry.
Green Arrow joined D.E.O.'s team, led by agent Cameron Chase in their search for the man who stole from its facilities. When they find Prometheus, the mercenary attacks them with all kinds of weapons making them temporarily lose their hearing and sight.
As he goes through D.E.O.'s soldiers he leaves Oliver for the end and after he takes him out, he says "Game on" and passes through a boom tube. Prometheus and his men arrive at Fort Knox via Boom Tube, intending to steal the gold that is kept there, but Green Arrow is waiting for them.
After taking out his men, an one-on-one battle ensues between Arrow and Prometheus. Prometheus wonders if Green Arrow cares about his real identity but Oliver says that if he is not his counterpart from a parallel Earth he doesn't really care about it.
During the fight, Oliver succeeds getting the upper hand and start beating Prometheus, raging over what he had done to Agent Chase's team and the fact that he almost took him away from his child, finishing him off with a massive headbutt.
Powers and Abilities
- Cybernetic Enhancement
- Hand-to-Hand Combat
- Body Armor: The costume is made of a lightweight and durable material, which is intertwined with synaptic relays to increase his formidable fighting prowess and covered with microscopic nanobites to affect the opponent's brain. The armor is fireproof and can withstand a direct hit from Superman.
- Computerized Helmet: Is connected to his brain and central nervous system.
- Download Capabilities: Able to download any kind of information into his brain and download movements, mannerisms, and fighting styles into his central nervous system. He has been able to download the Watchtower's schematics onto a CD and from there download them straight into his brain which allows him to automatically know where everything is in the Watchtower. Has been able to download a CD into his central nervous system that contains 30 of the World's Best Martial Arts Masters, one of them being Batman's fighting style.
- Hypnosis: By flickering the lights at a rate of 10 cycles per second, he can induce hypnosis.
- Neural Chaff: Given off by the helmet, neural chaff disorganizes thought processes. It interferes with brain electricity. It is like giving thoughts the "Flu." Exclusively used against heroes like Green Lantern who needs to concentrate to use his ring.
- Short-Term Memory: Enhances his short-term memory
- Pain Killers: His helmet releases endorphins to take care of any pain he feels.
- Energized Nightstick
- Reprogram Computer Systems: Program electronic equipment when in physical contact.
- High Hit-Impact: Able to destroy boulders and anvils with a single light strike.
- Wrist Gauntlets: fires and/or launches different kinds of ammo and artillery.
- Phospherous Dart: catches opponents on fire
- Molecular Toxins Dart: attacks morphoplastic nervous system. It gives complete spastic paralysis. The victim doesn't have any control over their physical structure. It stops his molecules from forming polymer chains. This effect turns the victim into a puddle and can last about an hour. Used against opponents with malleable bodies like Plastic Man and Martian Manhunter.
- Cosmic Key: possessed the key to The Ghost Zone, allowing him teleportation abilities via another dimension as well as a hidden extra-dimensional base.
This version of Prometheus is an enemy of Blue Beetle and the Teen Titans. He is also a member of The Hybrid. Texas born Curt Calhoun was working as the foreman at Kord Omniversal Research and Development Inc.
Being in charge of the metallurgy laboratory when an accident covered him in a molten titanium/vanadium alloy infused with promethium. This occurred when he pushed his employer, Ted Kord out harms way of the raining metal.
On the to the hospital, Curt's ambulance was intercepted by Steve Dayton's agents and Curt was taken away. Dayton used his Mento psionic powered helmet to transform the molten metal into a permanent metal skin around Curt. Curt is naturally an easygoing man who does not want to fight the Titans.
He hopes for the day he can return to his life as it was when he was still human. It appears that Prometheus and many members of the Hybrid were killed while fighting in the villain Roulette's "House" arena.