This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
Providence is an extremely wealthy, influential, global-spanning, secretive, corporate-structured power cabal that controls all of the world's affairs in the Hitman videogame series and serves as the main antagonistic faction of the World of Assassination trilogy.
They served as the overarching antagonistic faction of HITMAN (2016), and the main antagonistic faction of both HITMAN 2 (2018) and HITMAN III (2021). They also appeared in the 2017 prequel comic book series Agent 47: Birth of a Hitman as the overarching antagonistic faction.
They were the true employers of Otto Wolfgang Ort-Meyer and the ones to provide funding for the latter's genetic engineering program, thus Providence played a large part in 47's origins and were the unseen overarching antagonistic faction of Hitman: Codename 47. As such, they can be considered to be the main antagonistic faction of the entire series.
- 1 History
- 2 Organizational Characteristics
- 3 Known Members
- 4 Providence's Assets
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Navigation
According to the Constant, Arthur Edwards, Providence originally began in 1945 shortly after World War II when it was founded by three wealthy families:
- The Carlisles
- The Ingrams
- The Stuyvesants
These three dynasties secretly began pooling their monetary resources for over many generations until a singularity was born by which they soon gained almost unlimited monetary resources, giving them a great deal of power and influence over the affairs (particularly economic and political) of every country in the world, hence, Providence was born.
During the 1990s they recruited Janus, a legendary elite KGB officer, to be the first Constant. Janus went on to found the Ark Society, an plutocratic survivalist club for the elite and began mentoring Edwards in his methods and knowledge.
Agent 47: Birth of a Hitman, Hitman: Codename 47, and Pre-HITMAN (2016)
During these times, Dr. Ort-Meyer approached Providence with his theories and breakthroughs in gene augmentation. Providence were impressed and they green-lighted the project with Providence providing funding for Dr. Ort-Meyer to start his genetic engineering programs.
Dr. Ort-Meyer produced a number of clones, each of them possessing superior natural abilities and being heavily trained to be elite soldiers and assassins for Providence. The most promising one of these programs was Subject 47. During their teenage and young adolescent years, Subject 47 and Subject 6, 47's closest companion, carried out a huge number of missions for Dr. Ort-Meyer, all secretly being ordered by Providence, although it was obvious that Subject 47 and Subject 6 did not like the life they were raised in.
Providence even commissioned Dr. Ort-Meyer's most elite clones, Subject 47 and Subject 6 to assassinate Diana Burnwood's brother though unknown means and her parents with a car bomb. This set Diana Burnwood on a path of vengeance to find out who killed her family, which ironically ended up with Diana working with Agent 47, her family's killer, many years later.
One night, Subject 47 and Subject 6 both escaped the institution and hid in a small village in Romania. Dr. Ort-Meyer's soldiers found the escapees and killed all the witnesses. The event ended with the capture of 47 and with Subject 6 accidentally faking his own death. Providence, furious with these events, send Janus to warn Dr. Ort-Meyer to make sure no clone ever escapes again, resulting with Dr. Ort-Meyer performing amnesia treatments on Subject 47. Meanwhile Subject 6, while full of remorseful guilt for leaving Subject 47 behind to endure horrible amnesia treatments, still choose to run away and he lived a new and secluded life under a new name, Lucas Grey.
Following these events, Janus came to Dr. Ort-Meyer and state that Providence will be claiming Subject 47 as their own and they will stop the funding of Dr. Ort-Meyer's research. Fearing that he will lose his funding and new gene augmentations ideas, Dr. Ort-Meyer performed another amnesia treatment on Subject 47 and released him into the world. Janus suspects that Dr. Ort-Meyer released Subject 47 on purpose so as to keep his membership with Providence, but the Partners stated they would continue to support Dr. Ort-Meyer's research nonetheless but expect better results than Subject 47. All of this led to the events of Hitman: Codename 47, with Subject 47 transitioning into Agent 47, an enhanced elite assassin for the ICA.
Dr. Ort-Meyer, discovering that 47 took up a job with the ICA, issued a series of contracts to the ICA to perform assassinations of Dr. Ort-Meyer's former friends and genetic donors; Lee Hong, Pablo Belisario Ochoa, Franz Fuchs and Arkadij 'Boris' Jegorov. He then issues a contract for 47 to assassinate his assistant Dr. Korvacs, but 47 instead discovers Dr. Ort-Meyer's facility deep beneath Dr. Ort-Meyer's Mental Institute.
Dr. Ort-Meyer expressed "joy" in 47 returning back home and demand that they celebrate, with Dr. Ort-Meyer unleashed his new "sons", the 48 series clones, which were engineered to be more durable and faster than 47 himself, but lack his sense of self awareness, thus were completely obedient to Dr. Ort-Meyer. Agent 47 managed to kill all of the clones in the facility and then assassinate Dr. Ort-Meyer himself, before escaping the facility.
Years later, Subject 6, now known as Lucas Grey, was working security for Eugene Cobb, but soon realized that Cobb was a Providence operative. Realizing that he could not run from Providence and his past killings any longer, Grey kills Cobb, steals his vault key and crashes his plane, to make Cobb's death appear to be a accidental plane crash.
By this time around 2004, Janus had retired from his job as the Constant and he made his protégé Edwards the new Constant of Providence. Janus had retried to a suburban community in Vermont and lives a quiet and secluded life, engaging in social gathering within his neighborhood and even befriending many of his neighbors so as to live out the rest of his life in peace.
The Shadow Client has started a war against them, even as far as to establishing the personal army and manipulating the ICA, specifically Agent 47, into killing Providence's members and associates, as well as those connected with said members and associates, discretely. While being contracted by the Shadow Client, 47 managed to permeate and sabotage IAGO's plans in Paris, France, Providence's ongoing schemes in Sapienza, Italy and Marrakesh, Morocco, and Jordan Cross' attempt to get away with a murder while he currently stays in Bangkok, Thailand.
Erich Soders, an ICA board member who secretly became a mole for Providence just recently, controlled the ICA into assaulting the Shadow Client's militia at an Apricot farm in Colorado. Four of the militia's top lieutenants are killed by Agent 47 and the Shadow Client escapes, but the proof he leaves behind points the ICA towards Providence's members from across all of the world, as well as the fact that Soders is also a Providence operative.
Infuriated by Soders' betrayal, the ICA contracts 47 to sneak into the GAMA Private Hospital in Hokkaido, Japan where Soders will be making use of regenerative stem cell treatments for a heart transplant. Once there, 47 manages to kill Soders, as well as Yuki Yamazaki, a Herald for Providence.
Some time after the Hokkaido mission, Providence's Constant, Edwards, sought out Diana and suggested an alliance between the ICA and Providence. In exchange for their services, the Constant promised that he would personally offer her information about 47's hidden backstory.
HITMAN 2 (2018)
A week after the ICA accepted Providence as a client, Agent 47 was tasked to hunt down the Shadow Client and his private militia. During a search for intel at Alma Reynard's base of operations, 47 discovered that two Providence operatives, Robert Knox and his daughter Sierra, have defected to the Shadow Client's side in exchange to be spared from his war against Providence. 47 then eliminated Reynard before exfiltrating the area.
Following the revelation of the two defectors, Providence contracted the ICA to assassinate Robert and Sierra Knox at the Global Innovation Race in Miami, Florida. After assassinating the pair, the ICA traced the militia's attack patterns to the global shipping routes of the Delgado Cartel and summarized that the Shadow Client must have struck a deal with the Delgado Cartel to quietly move his operatives around the world via their underwater distribution network.
In order to limit the militia's ability to move around the world, Agent 47 was contracted to head over to Santa Fortune, Colombia and take out the Delgado Cartel leadership, which consisted of the cartel's current leader as well as his two top lieutenants. However, despite the crumbling of the Delgado Cartel, the Militia's attacks did not slow down or stop and the Shadow Client continued to target Providence operatives across the world as well as steal valuable assets and technologies from them. The string of assassinations as well as the hostage tape which outed the existence of Providence, had caused a global panic.
By tracing the evidence, the ICA discovered the Delgado Cartel was also creating fake IDs for the Militia in order to help them move around the world more freely. By decrypting the fake IDs, the ICA discovered the existence of the Militia's eastern cell which primarily operated around the South China Sea. Agent 47 was then contracted to infiltrate Mumbai and assassinate the leader of the Militia's eastern cell named the Maelstrom (Wazir Kale), as well as his collaborators Vanya Shah and Dawood Rangan. Providence also suspected that the eastern cell was responsible for killing their operatives at Ether, making the destruction of the eastern cell a top priority.
The ICA tracked down the hostage footage to an Institute in Romania, which is also the same institution where Dr. Ort-Meyer conducted his cloning research. 47 managed to infiltrate the abandoned, broken down building and met up with the Shadow Client in person. The Shadow Client manages to show 47 pieces of their past and manages to partially jog 47's repressed memories. 47 then remembers that the Shadow Client is none other than Subject 6, a close and possibly only friend of 47's during his youth at Dr. Ort-Meyer's institution. This convinces 47 to join up with the Shadow Client in his cause to take down Providence.
With Diana Burnwood and 47 joining the Shadow Client's side, they meet up with the hacktivist Olivia Hall and used an antidote serum acquired from Ether to cure 47 of the amnesia-serum injected into him years ago by Dr. Ort-Meyer. The Shadow Client explains that the key to taking down Providence is through their current Constant Edwards, who can only be found by looking for his predecessor. With 47's memories slowly returning, he remembered the identity of the first Constant of Providence Janus.
The objective of their next mission was to kill Janus and the Providence Herald Nolan Cassidy, while 47 secretly investigates Janus's house for leads on Edwards.
47 travels to Janus's home town of Whittleton Creek, Vermont in search for clues about Providence and where do the former constant and his protégé regularly meet up. 47 discovers the existence of the Ark Society, an exclusive plutocratic survivalist club, which Janus personally founded. 47 also discovers that Janus meets up with his protégé at the Ark Society's yearly gatherings in order to help his protégé recruit potential new agents for Providence.
After the mission, Diana then writes a false report stating that Janus is the true mastermind behind the Militia activities, with Grey being a figurehead.
Despite Janus's alleged betrayal, the Ark Society still held a private wake for him during their next gatherings in order to pay their respects. Using his coffin, they tracked the location of the Ark Society's meetings to the Isle of Sgàil. Meanwhile, the relationship between the Partners and the current Constant was beginning to deteriorate due to the many deaths of Providence operatives at the hands of the Operative. They demanded that the Constant be fitted with a poison chip as a failsafe in case he trie to betray them. The Constant, while resentful, accepts their demand and injects himself with a poison chip. Two kill switches were entrusted to Zoe and Sophia Washington, two over-privileged Providence operatives who now lead the Ark Society and openly resent the Constant and his former mentor due to their "middle class" upbringing.
Two months later, 47 infiltrates the Ark Society gathering and eliminates Zoe and Sophia Washington. 47 then uses the kill switches to quietly coerce the Constant to exfiltrate the island with him. The Constant, upon realizing who his captors are, states that he is most impressed by them and their drive to destroy the Partners and Providence.
47 and Grey take the Constant to a private ship in the middle of the North Atlantic. After surgically removing the poison chip from the Constant's neck, they convince him to betray his superiors since they now consider him expendable. The Constant then explains how Providence was founded as well as information on the families that founded it. Unfortunately, the Partners had planned for such an occasion. Obituaries for all three Partners had appeared on the Internet, and they had began transitioning to different identities. The Constant suggested that they "follow the money" in order to catch up to the Providence Partners.
The Constant stated that since the Partners are still transitioning into their new identities, their accounts at the Milton-Fitzpatrick Bank would still be intact. 47, Diana, Grey and Hall orchestrate a plan to head over to New York, infiltrate the bank, acquire the data on Providence and eliminate Providence Herald Athena Savalas, who is helping the Partners cover their tracks. By investigating the money trail, they discover that Providence used Haven, a corporation in the Maldives that is secretly running a covert disappearance operation and that the Partners used it to disappear and gain new identities.
Hall states that she cannot penetrate Haven's servers, since the passwords are personally reset every ten hours. 47 and Grey infiltrate Haven Island in the Maldives and eliminate Haven's CEO Tyson Williams, Client Recruiter Ljudmila Vetrova, and Head of I.T. Steven Bradley. After their elimination, Hall hacks into their servers and quickly discovers that the ownership of all of the Parthers' silent shares (which serve as the backbone of their family empires and. Providence itself) have been recently transferred into the ownership of Arthur Edwards. When puzzled over who Arthur Edwards is, Diana quickly deduces that Arthur Edwards is in fact the name of the Constant and that he had escaped from them with all the silent shares.
HITMAN III (2021)
To be Added.
Providence has a hierarchical structure with the Partners being the Supreme Heads of Providence. Providence also has over a hundred members, some of whom have been members for a long time and would rise through the ranks to be put up as high-ranking operatives. Some high-ranking operatives seem to have Heralds who act as their liaisons.
The Partners remain anonymous, even to high-ranking members of Providence, and only communicate to other members of Providence or any other interested parties of importance through a Constant, the second-in-command and top controller of Providence.
As of recent in-game events, the Partners have lost all of their silent shares to their Constant, Arthur Edwards, who fled with their immense fortune and has now taken over Providence following their deaths at the hands of Agent 47 and Lucas Grey.
- Alexa Christine Carlisle: An aristocratic English noblewoman and the CEO of Carlisle Holdings who is the matriarch of the Carlisle family and one of the Supreme Heads of Providence. She was assassinated by Agent 47 at Thornbridge Manor in Dartmoor, England.
- Carl Ingram: An American billionaire investor and the CEO of Ingram Industries who is the patriarch of the Ingram family and one of the Supreme Heads of Providence. He, along with Stuyvesant, was assassinated by Agent 47, at the Burj Al-Ghazali in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Marcus Stuyvesant: A wealthy Dutch industrialist and the CEO of the Stuyvesant Company who is the patriarch of the Stuyvesant family and one of the Supreme Heads of Providence. He, along with Ingram, was assassinated by Agent 47 at the Burj Al-Ghazali in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Janus: The first Constant. Janus was a legendary elite Soviet KGB agent who was the Constant before passing the rank down to Edwards and becoming an operative for Providence. He is the founder to the Ark Society and was framed to look like a traitor to Providence posthumously after he, along with Cassidy, was assassinated by Agent 47 in Whittleton Creek, USA as they both were reminiscing about Dr. Ort-Meyer's experiments, with Janus not knowing that he was actually talking to a clone who is a product of Dr. Ort-Meyer's project.
- Arthur Edwards: The second Constant. He has been compromised after his kidnapping at the Isle of Sgàil. With the Partners faking their deaths, Edwards escaped from his captivity and acquired all of the Partners' silent shares to their immense wealth. Following their genuine deaths at the hands of Agent 47, he has taken over Providence as the new Supreme Head. He was assassinated/neutralized by Agent 47 on a train as it moved through the Carpathian Mountains, Romania.
- Diana Burnwood (undercover): During 47's mission to find Edwards, Diana made a pact with 47 to eliminate other contestants vying for the position of Constant in order to become the third Constant. Afterwards, she would fake her betrayal of 47 in order to get him close to Edwards so he can neutralize him, allowing Diana, as Constant, to tear down Providence from the inside (similar to what she did to earn Alexander Leland Cayne's trust many years ago).
- Cornelia Stuyvesant: Heiress to the rank of Supreme Head and the owner of the Stuyvesant Art Foundation who is the daughter of Marcus Stuyvesant.
Active Heralds and Operatives
- Erik Olander: The Consul for the Consulate General of Sweden in Marrakesh, Morocco and an operative working for Providence who conspired with General Zaydan to allegedly kill Strandberg by downing his plane as soon as he left Morocco.
- Gustavo Torres: The Mexican Secretary of Interior who is a Herald working for Providence. The Shadow Client's Militia had plans to assault his limousine as it was traveling the streets of Mexico City, kill Torres and his entourage, and retrieve valuable documents from inside the limo.
- Simon Deveraux: The CEO of Biosphere, a company which produces clean power, and an operative of Providence.
- Alexander Fanin: The CEO of Milton-Fitzpatrick and the successor of Eugene Cobb (who was in Fanin's position until his plane went missing somewhere over the Pacific Ocean) who serves as a Herald of Providence.
- Byron Washington III: A Providence operative and the father of Zoe and Sophia Washington who is the President of a powerful conservative think tank called the Pax Mundus Foundation.
- Akira Nakamura: The director of the GAMA Private Hospital in Hokkaido, Japan who is secretly an operative working for Providence. He manages all of the staff, resources and technology within the hospital. He is even responsible for the management of the artificial intelligence system called K.A.I., which is used for assistance with the hospital's day-to-day operations.
- William Chandler: A Herald for Providence who was being interrogated by Ezra Berg at the Militia's apricot farm in Colorado, USA. His status is unknown.
- Esteban Monteya: The head of the Moreno Cartel and an operative of Providence, which is said to be the biggest drug cartel of the Southern Hemisphere.
- Tim Quinn: The CEO of Quantum Leap, a Silicon Valley start-up, and a Providence operative.
- Robert James Cobb: A general in the United States Air Force and Providence operative.
- Haas Rheinhardt: The President of the World Sports Federation and a Providence operative.
- Raoul Salazar: An advisor to the Pope and operative of Providence.
- Orson Mills: A former CICADA mercenary and a former pointman for the Private Militia, but he defected to Providence after his capture by their forces. He later became a Providence elite guard and could be found on the Ether train in the Carpathian Mountains, Romania.
Inactive Heralds and Operatives
- Otto Wolfgang Ort-Meyer: A German scientist and a former member of the French Foreign Legion, where he would befriend four other men who would become crime lords in the future, who is also a secret Providence operative. After his military service in the French Foreign Legion, Dr. Ort-Meyer approached Providence with his theories and secret data on gene augmentation to produce superhuman clones. Providence initiated him as a member and funded his project. The result was the creation of many clones, including the legendary hitman, Agent 47. He was assassinated by Agent 47 when he invaded his institute and killed him and all the other enhanced clones in the facility.
- Eugene Cobb: The former CEO of Milton-Fitzpatrick and a Herald for Providence who served as a keyholder of Providence's archive vault in New York. He was killed by Lucas Grey, also known as Subject 6 or the Shadow Client.
- Silvio Caruso: A famous Italian bio-engineer and Providence operative who descended from rural Italian aristocrats and took responsibility to develop an extremely deadly and controversial bio-weapon for Ether Biotech Corporation. He, along with De Santis, was assassinated by Agent 47 at Villa Caruso in Sapienza, Italy.
- Francesca De Santis: A scientist and operative for Providence who assists Caruso in developing an extremely deadly and controversial bio-weapon for the Ether Biotech Corporation. She, along with Caruso, was assassinated by Agent 47 at Villa Caruso in Sapienza, Italy.
- Hajun: A Herald for Providence and keyholder for Providence's archive vault in New York. He was killed by Lucas Grey at the parking lot of Ether's headquarters in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Claus Hugo Strandberg: The former CEO of Morocco's largest private bank AMB and operative of Providence who was accused of billion-dollar investment fraud against the Moroccan people, and took refuge in the Swedish Consulate. He, along with Zaydan, was assassinated by Agent 47 in Marrakesh, Morocco.
- Reza Zaydan: A Moroccan army general and Providence operative who is responsible for interrupting a convoy carrying the Swedish banker Claus Hugo Strandberg. He did this to spark nationwide protests so that he would be able to impose martial law and overthrow the Moroccan government by persuading the General Staff to support a full-fledged military coup d'etat. He, along with Strandberg, was assassinated by Agent 47 in Marrakesh, Morocco.
- Erich Soders: The former training director within the board of directors for the International Contract Agency who manipulated the ICA into assaulting the Shadow Client's militia at an Apricot farm in Colorado and betrayed the ICA sometime before as he would become a mole and operative for Providence. He, along with Yamazaki, was assassinated by Agent 47 at the GAMA Private Hospital in Hokkaido, Japan.
- Yuki Yamazaki: A cutthroat Tokyo trial lawyer and a secret Herald of Providence. She, along with Soders, was assassinated by Agent 47 at the GAMA Private Hospital in Hokkaido, Japan.
- Thomas Cross: A multi-billionaire media mogul and operative of Providence who is the father of Jordan Cross. After his son's death, he was kidnapped from the latter's funeral by the Shadow Client. His immense fortune and overseas accounts were all siphoned by the Shadow Client and Thomas was then killed.
- Charles Vanderblathe: A Dutch shipping billionaire and operative for Providence. He was killed by the Shadow Client at his residence in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- The CEO of Blue Seed Pharmaceuticals: A Providence operative who was assassinated by Alma Reynard.
- Lin Xi: A construction conglomerate CEO and an operative of Providence. He was assassinated by the Maelstrom and his pirate gang in a helicopter-crash in Shanghai, China.
- Danziger: An insurance mogul and operative serving Providence. He was assassinated by Alma Reynard in Berlin, Germany.
- Rex Larsson: A shipping mogul and Providence operative. He was assassinated by Alma Reynard in the Mount Royal Park in Montreal, Canada.
- Vera San Martin: A retail giant and operative for Providence who was assassinated by the Private Militia as part of their goal to completely eliminate Providence.
- Rupert Pierce: The CEO of Dynasty Global, the world's largest Internet retailer, and a Providence operative. He was killed by his subordinate Lance Donovan, who was blackmailed by Alma Reynard, in London, England when he threw him of the roof of Dynasty Global's headquarters.
- Robert Knox: The CEO of Kronstadt Industries and an operative who defected from Providence with his daughter Sierra. He, along with his daughter, was assassinated by Agent 47 in Miami, USA.
- Sierra Knox: The CFO of Kronstadt Industries and an operative who defected from Providence with her father Robert. She, along with her father, was assassinated by Agent 47 during the Global Innovation Race in Miami, USA.
- Neleis De Waal: The CEO of the Ether Biotech Corporation and an operative for Providence. He died when he allegedly slipped in his bathtub sometime after being released by the Militia when they took him captive and made him expose the existence of Providence to the world in a hostage video.
- Nolan Cassidy: A former American special agent who became a Herald for Providence. He was assigned to take care of Janus in his old age. He, along with Janus, was assassinated by Agent 47 in Whittleton Creek, USA.
- Zoe Washington: An ancient relics hunter and one of the chairwoman of the Ark Society who is an operative of Providence. She, along with her twin sister Sophia, was assassinated by Agent 47 at the Isle of Sgàil, North Atlantic.
- Sophia Washington: An ancient relics hunter and one of the chairwoman of the Ark Society who is an operative of Providence. She, along with her twin sister Zoe, was assassinated by Agent 47 at the Isle of Sgàil, North Atlantic.
- Athena Savalas: Director of the New York branch of Milton-Fitzpatrick's investment bank and a Herald for Providence. She was assassinated by Agent 47 at the aforementioned bank.
- Don Archibald Yates: A lawyer and the owner of Viñedo Yates who is a Herald serving Providence and the attorney of the Partners. Due to his great influence as well as being a popular Herald, he was viewed by his fellow colleagues as the "Chief of the Heralds". He, along with Vidal, was assassinated by Agent 47 at Viñedo Yates itself in Mendoza, Argentina.
- Tamara Vidal: A former CIA surveillance expert who is a Providence Herald and serves as one of Edwards' most trusted aides. She, along with Don Yates, was assassinated by Agent 47 at Viñedo Yates in Mendoza, Argentina.
The Partners have spent several decades pooling their money and resources secretly, thus founding a secretive cabal which possessed nearly inexhaustible wealth. Providence has a hand in all of the world's most prized medical and technological assets, ranging from Dr. Ort-Meyer's genetically enhanced assassins to the GAMA Facility's regenerative treatments to Kronstadt Industries' advanced android and cybernetics technology.
- The Ark Society
- The Ether Biotech Corporation
- The Stuyvesant Company
- Ingram Industries
- Carlisle Holdings
- Cross Holdings
- The International Contract Agency
- Hamsun Oil
- Quantum Leap
- Kronstadt Industries (defected)
- Dynasty Global
- The Pax Mundus Foundation
- The Moreno Cartel
- Blue Seed Pharmaceuticals
- Morgan, Yates & Kohn
- Providence is most likely based on the real life conspiracy theories about the mythical shadow government.
- Providence may also be influenced form the secretive nature of various real life secret societies, such as the Masons, Illuminati, Knights Templar, the Hashashin, the Skull and Bones Society, Kabbalist societies or the Majestic 12.
- In the 2017 prequel comic book series, Agent 47: Birth of a Hitman, it is revealed that Providence were the original masters and funders of Dr. Ort-Meyer's genetic engineering programs, thus Providence played a big hand in Agent 47's origins.