|“||Ooh, you Rangers make me mad; waking me up with a rap that bad!||„|
|~ The Pumpkin Rapper's first (and most famous) lines as he awakens and comments on how awful the Rangers' raps are.|
The Pumpkin Rapper is a rapping pumpkin monster that was created by Squatt and Baboo, making his first appearance in the episode "Trick or Treat".
He was voiced by Michael Sorich and is perhaps the most famous monster in all three seasons of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
Pumpkin Rapper was planted by Squatt and Baboo. Resembling an orange humanoid with an upside-down jack-o-lantern on its head, the Pumpkin Rapper spoke mainly in rhymes and rap tone (though one line was spoken in non-rhyming tone - when he is commanding the Putties to attack the Rangers).
He was woken up by the Rangers really bad rap and attacked them with pumpkin headed Putties. He put on their heads a pumpkins and they couldn't breath. But Kimberly used Power Blades and destroyed the pumpkins on the heads of her friends.
The Pumpkin Rapper attacked the Rangers with energy blasts and tried to tie them with vines and drain their energy. Despite his vine tentacles and pumpkin bombs, Pumpkin Rapper was taken down by the Power Blaster.
Because the Pumpkin Rapper happened to be one of Lord Zedd's favorite monsters, it was resurrected by Zedd as part of a Halloween monster assault in Zedd's Haunted Forest. While the army (consisting of Robogoat, Primator, Rhinoblaster, Invenusable Flytrap, and Snizzard with Doomstone as the leader) was largely unsuccessful, Zedd threw a growing bomb which Pumpkin Rapper used to grow himself only after leaving the dimension. It battled the White Tigerzord after taking down the Thunder Megazord with his pumpkin bombs but was overpowered by one of the White Tiger Thunderbolts. Immediately after, he was taken down for good by the Thunder Megazord's Thunder Saber.
The Pumpkin Rapper appeared again helping Zedd and Rita conquer a planet in the Vica Galaxy. He was destroyed by Zordon's energy wave.
Powers and abilities
- Strength: Pumkin Rapper was one of the stronger monsters, being able to overpower all five Rangers with ease.
- Pumkin Headed Puttys Summing: Both before and after Pumpkin Rapper grows into his monster form, he can summon an army of Puttys with pumpkins on their heads to aid him.
- Eye Energy Rings: Pumpkin Rapper can fire light pink colored energy rings from his eye.
- Pumpkin Bombs: Pumpkin Rapper can summon and launch mini pumpkin bombs at foes from his hands. Two of them took down the Thunder Megazord.
- Vine Tentacles: Pumpkin Rapper possesses a long dark green vine that can whip off the enemies' weapons.
- Flower Vine: Pumpkin Rapper can conker a long flower vine that cab ensnare opponents with vines.
- Pumpkin Shock: Pumpkin Rapper can also power up the Flower Vines with blue and yellow electricity to harm his targets; it can also give him a boost in strength.
- Pumpkin Traps: To make sure that no one interfered with Pumpkin Rapper as he matured, a set of pumpkins guard him. Despite their normal appearance, they can trap foes' heads inside of them, not only blinding them, but causing suffocation as they form an airtight seal.
True to Pumpkin Rapper's namesake, he was a rapping pumpkin monster that always sings in a rap-like tone. Overall, his personality is similar to that of a DJ, always hip and ready for action.
- The Pumpkin Rapper is the very first monster in the franchise to return as an actual threat to the Rangers.
- Although the Pudgy Pig is technically the very first monster monster to make a return appearance, the 2nd version was merely hungry and not evil who posed a minimal threat to the Rangers, being overshadowed by Goldar.
- The Pumpkin Rapper comes from what is commonly referred to as "Zyu2" footage, and was not seen in the original Zyuranger.
- The Pumpkin Rapper is the only villain in the original three seasons of Power Rangers to return and fight a Megazord in his second battle only.
- The Pumpkin Rapper remains one of the most infamous Power Ranger monsters of all time, specifically because his rapping nature feels like the writers' trying to be hip with the kids (especially due to the population of people like Vanilla Ice and 2Pac around the time his debut episode first aired on May 3rd 1994).