|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||How you doin'?||„|
|~ Rasputia Latimore's famous catchphrase.|
Rasputia Latimore is the main antagonist of the 2007 romantic comedy film Norbit. She is Norbit's abusive ex-wife and archenemy who had forced him to marry her and suffer her wrath for many years.
She was portrayed by Eddie Murphy (who also portrayed Mr. Robinson in Saturday Night Live, Maximillian in Vampire in Brooklyn, and Rex Crater in The Adventures of Pluto Nash) as an adult, Yves Lola St. Vil as a teenager and Lindsey Sims-Lewis as a kid.
Rasputia was born in 1967. Rasputia's parents were never seen or mentioned in the first movie. Rasputia was raised in a big house by her three tough, older brothers. Her oldest brother's name is Big Black Jack, her second brother's name is Blue, and her third, youngest brother's name is Earl. Rasputia has always been fat ever since she was at least 10 years old in 1977.
As a child, Rasputia meets Norbit Albert Rice. After she beat up a pair of twin bullies who were abusing Norbit, Rasputia forced Norbit to be her boyfriend up until high school graduation, where she forced him into marriage. When Rasputia married Norbit, they moved into a house where the two had sexual intercourse often, with Rasputia always crushing Norbit and breaking the bed. Eventually, Rasputia cheated on Norbit; she even committed adultery again with her personal trainer Buster Perkin. Rasputia never loved Norbit and was always being cruel and abusive to him.
But when Norbit got to see his old childhood sweetheart Kate after she came to her old home town and the very orphanage they both grew up in, Rasputia got all angry and insanely jealous of her. Her three brothers then consulted with Deion Hughes, Kate's successful, yet unscrupulous, fiance who, like Rasputia, is a liar, a cheat, and an unfaithful lover. They requested his help to get Kate to unknowingly sign a contract with a liquor license that gives the Latimores ownership and control and turning the orphanage into their strip club. Rasputia just went along with her brothers' plan and threatens Norbit by never wanting him to see, talk to, or even think about Kate again or else she'll pour acid on her (she showed Norbit a demonstration of it by getting a potato art of Kate and pouring the acid on it which completely destroyed it and saying to it, "How YOU doin'!").
Kate came to visit Norbit, but he saw Rasputia watching and said that he didn't love Kate to save her from Rasputia's wrath. Kate thought Norbit was telling the truth and left, hurt and angry. This pleased Rasputia, but Norbit was so heartbroken he decided to leave during the night. Mr. Wong, the owner of the orphanage he used to stay at, told him he was a man on the inside. Unfortunately, Rasputia and her brothers found Norbit and they told him of their plan to turn the orphanage into a strip club and Rasputia locks Norbit in the basement and instructs Blue to keep guard. Rasputia and her two other brothers drove to the wedding to watch Deion marry Kate so the plan would succeed. However, Blue called to tell them Norbit had escaped. Furious, Rasputia and her brothers went searching for Norbit and saw him riding a bike to the wedding. When Norbit stands up to Rasputia and tells her that Kate taught him to ride a bike, she puts him in a headlock, but another car comes and nearly hits the car so Rasputia is forced to let go.
Norbit makes it to the wedding and tells Kate that he loves her, much to Rasputia's fury. Norbit is unable to convince Kate that Deion marries women for their money, and Rasputia gloats that she has won. But Norbit reveals he had a plan B, and calls Deion's previous wives, revealing Deion is a fake and he runs away. Furious at having lost, all the Latimores attack Norbit and are about to deliver a beat down when the entire town arrives to help Norbit. Rasputia's brothers are afraid, but Rasputia grabs a spade and fights her way to Norbit. She raises the spade to kill him, only for Wong to call her a whale, grab a spear and throw it directly at her anus, painfully piercing it. She yells out in excruciating pain and runs away with surprising speed. Now with Rasputia gone, the town chase her brothers out of town.
Norbit's narration revealed that the Latimores were never heard from again. It was rumored that they went to Mexico and opened a strip club there, meaning that they got their happy ending as well. Furthermore, as Mexican men love women regardless they are fat or not, Rasputia becomes the club's most famous and lucrative stripper. Given this, it can be presumed that Rasputia and her brothers never saw Norbit ever again.
- Rasputia's name is a comedic pun on the name Rasputin.
- Since Rasputia was raised by her brothers, it might implied that she and her brothers were orphaned despite her brothers being all adults. Most likely, if this is true, Rasputia's brothers were already older when their parents died to take care of Rasputia.
- At one point of the film, Rasputia reprimands herself for cursing inside her local church, saying that she is a Christian and cannot swear in the house of God. Ironically, however, Rasputia commits all seven of the Seven Deadly Sins throughout the film:
- Lust: She forces Norbit to sleep with her countless times during their first years of marriage, crushing the bed most of the time. She even cheats on Norbit later with her trainer Buster Perkin, which also counts as adultery.
- Gluttony: She eats a lot for most of the film due her immense appetite, which results in her becoming obese over the years.
- Greed: She is shown to be very selfish with Norbit, not letting him to go away, cheating on him but getting mad at him for a kiss with Kate and even lies to him and forces him to lie for her own gain.
- Sloth: Rasputia is shown to be very lazy, often watching television on the couch. She is seen most of the time at her house and sends Norbit out to do whatever she wants, such as bringing her fast food. When Norbit lies to Rasputia about having to do various errands in town (excuses so he can visit Kate without her knowledge), she adamantly refuses to the tasks, instead demanding Norbit do them.
- Wrath: She gets mad for many things, including Norbit calling her out for cheating on him, their neighbor's dog barking standing near her house, Kate attracting Norbit's attention, Norbit attending the rehearsal for Kate's wedding, etc. She even comes to the point of trying to commit murder in her frenzy.
- Envy: Though her three brothers display this sin more prominently, she displays it by aiding them on forcing Norbit to stay away from Kate, allowing Deion Hughes to convince her to buy The Golden Wonton so the Latimores can turn it into a strip club.
- Pride: She criticizes Kate for being so thin and insults her for it, even saying that if she becomes thinner like her Norbit will feel disgusted and will not ask her for constant sex (which of course is not true), when in fact, Kate has a better physical condition than her.
- Eddie Murphy won the Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actress due his performance as Rasputia, despite that he's male.
- Although Norbit received mostly negative reviews from film critics, Rasputia is commonly regarded as one of the best and most memorable characters of the film. Eddie Murphy was even nominated for an Academy Award for Best Makeup due to his roles as Rasputia and Mr. Wong. However, the character of Rasputia has been heavily criticized as an offensive racial stereotype of African American women.