|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|“||I'm Reed Richards. The ultimate Reed Richards. The one who's finally going to solve everything.||„|
|~ The Maker|
Reed Richards, also known as The Maker and formerly Mr. Fantastic, is a hero turned main antagonist of the Ultimate Marvel universe and major antagonist in the wider Marvel Comics multiverse. As the Maker, he is the arch-enemy of the Ultimates and his former teammates the Fantastic Four.
Unlike most of his counterparts from different universes, this version of Mr. Fantastic is an idealist who makes a deal with an alien empire to attack and conquer the Earth in order to improve what he sees as a flawed species.
He has his entire family killed (including his baby siblings) so that he can fake his death and avoid suspicion. He later leads an advanced society of superhumans called the Children of Tomorrow. Under his rule, the Children of Tomorrow absorb entire cities into their base, wipe out most of the Asgardian gods, and completely destroy Washington. Throughout all this, Mr. Fantastic is fully aware of what he is doing, and feels no remorse for exterminating a species that he perceives as inferior.
Twenty-nine years ago, Gary Richards and his wife gave birth to their first child, a son named Reed. Almost immediately, the Richards suspected that there was something special about Reed, who displayed his curiosity from the day he was born. As a child, he demonstrated remarkable and magnificent intelligence, well ahead of that of his peers. While other children engaged in sports or played games, Reed devoted himself to the sciences. His father often found him cannibalizing household appliances in an effort to create something never before seen by man, an act that often earned him his father's ire. He would later grew up with Ben Grimm, Sue Storm, and Johnny Storm.
Powers and Abilities
- Pliable Bacterial Stacks: Reed's cells have been replaced with "pliable bacterial stacks," single cells which duplicate most of the larger functions of the human body. This allows Reed to stretch his body in myriad ways without disrupting the necessary functions of internal organs such as the kidneys, lungs, or even brain. Reed can stretch any or all of his body parts long distances, even assuming non-human shapes such as a sphere or parachute. Sue's mother revealed that she knows that Reed's abilities allow him to stretch his brain in order to accommodate and solve almost any problem, thus making him effectively a human computer. Reed's altered biology also prevents cellular decay, allowing him to spend one thousand years inside the Dome while showing no signs of physical aging.
- Genius Intellect: Reed Richards is a child prodigy and possesses a keen scientific intellect, decades ahead of his time. This intelligence has recently been augmented by his new powers. Reed holds multiple doctoral level degrees in theoretical and applied physics fields.
- Impact Suit: Reed, like the rest of the Fantastic Four, wears an impact suit that can adjust itself to his abilities. To this end, whenever Reed stretches or compresses himself, the suit takes on the same malleability his body possesses.
As he was once a lead scientist at the Baxter Building, Reed had access to enormous governmental resources. He has developed technology such as:
- N-Zone Transporter
- Fantasticars; Flying vehicles powered by zero-point generators.
- A NASA Space Shuttle uniquely modified for interdimensional travel.
- Chrono-tunnel enabling time travel.
- None; formerly Fantasti-Car