This Villain was proposed and approved by Villains Wiki's Pure Evil Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this villain from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a futile "heroic" attempt of redemption) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||Perhaps an arrogant brat like you do not know... splitting up your elemental powers makes you weak! You will now return your power its rightful owner. Gamma Drain!||„|
|~ Retak'ka taunting BoBoiBoy Solar.|
Retak'ka is the overarching antagonist of the Malaysian superhero media franchise BoBoiBoy, serving as the main antagonist of the 2019 Malaysian computer-animated film BoBoiBoy Movie 2 and the unseen overarching antagonist in the 17th episode of the first season and the posthumous overarching antagonist of the second season of BoBoiBoy Galaxy. He claimed himself to be an original owner of the Elemental powers, when in fact he stole his Elements from a bunch of elemental masters in different planets, and he returns to take those powers back from BoBoiBoy.
He was voiced by Fadzli Mohd Rawi.
He is an alien that has blue skin. His hair is dark blue with light blue crest. He wears a maroon and black outfit with blue lines along with his black pair of sandals. The bottom of his outfit can be seen torn, which implied that he once fought with Hang Kasa. Retak'ka is very old since he spoke with an old Malay accent (in the Malay version) and was imprisoned in crystal for more than 100 years.
Retak'ka is a dangerous ancient villain who was the original user of BoBoiBoy’s Elemental Powers. He has come to take back his powers from BoBoiBoy with whatever means necessary so that he could remain the supreme master of the seven Elements. Retak'ka is intelligent, power-hungry and ruthless. He has no compassion for his opponents during the battle, especially BoBoiBoy, his toughest enemy. He is willing to destroy an entire planet just to become stronger by draining elemental powers from said planet, as evidenced several times in the movie. He also destroyed TAPOPS station and intimidates Koko Ci to tell him Boboiboy's location.
He knows more about elemental powers than BoBoiBoy does, informing him that splitting make Elemental Powers weak, indicating his experience with having the powers that BoBoiBoy currently inherits.
|“||A very long time ago, I met Retak'ka on the desolate planet named Gugura - the dumping ground for all things unwanted, such as Retak'ka and I. (Gopal: Please, Tok Kasa, can you cut this short?) Oh, of course. Retak'ka and I were the best of friends. He found the Power Sphera Light Gamma, I found the Power Sphera Quake Crystal. But as we grew older, he became greedy. He stole five more Elemental Powers! And then, he came after my power. How could he? What do you think? Huh?! (BoBoiBoy: No, he shouldn't have.) And that is why I had to stop him. I used a special Power Sphera, Ochobot, to drain all of Retak'ka's Elemental Powers.||„|
|~ Hang Kasa telling BoBoiBoy and Gopal about Retak'ka.|
Retak'ka was originally born on Ata Ta Tiga according to the 100th issue of the official comic magazine. However, he was thrown away by his parents to Planet Gugura, a large garbage dump at a very young age. He also met Hang Kasa and both of them quickly became the best of friends. At some point in their life, Retak'ka along with Hang Kasa discovered Power Spheres CrystalBot and GammaBot. Retak'ka took the latter and Hang Kasa took the former. With that, they both become unbeatable in battles.
However, it was not enough for Retak'ka as stated by Hang Kasa. He became power-hungry, ruthless and cruel, to the point that he became willing to fight his one and only friend Hang Kasa himself to obtain his crystal power. Before that point, he fought and killed a few more Power Sphere wielders for their powers, including the likes of King Balakung of the Leaf Element, Mas Mawais of the Ice Element, Panglima Pyrapi of the Fire Element, Satriantar of the Lightning Element and Kuputeri of the Wind Element, with Kuputeri surviving the attack while enveloping herself within a cocoon, remaining in a dormant state as the tyrannical Emperor Reramos eventually usurped her throne for the coming years. This would lead to a long war between Fire and Ice Tribes living on Planet Baraju as the people blame each others' rulers for killing each others' kings. Hang Kasa managed to absorb all of Retak'ka's elemental powers into Ochobot along with his Crystal element before sealing Retak'ka into a Crystal Prison. He remains there for about 100 years until a gang of Crystal Miners arrive to dig crystals in the Solaria system. However, they unknowingly released Retak'ka from his frozen state and he interrogated Kechik, leading to the events of BoBoiBoy Movie 2.
BoBoiBoy Movie 2
After being freed from his crystal prison on the Miners' spaceship, he finds out that he has a remnant of his Gamma powers. The Miners were surprised to see that he was a master of the Elements, although they acknowledge BoBoiBoy as one. As a result, Retak'ka interrogates the leader of Crystal Miners for information about BoBoiBoy and TAPOPS, assuring that he will not harm them and they will find more crystals.
Later on, he attacked TAPOPS station, destroying it in the process, in an attempt to force Koko Ci and Admiral Tarung into revealing BoBoiBoy's location. When BoBoiBoy did show up, he threw Koko Ci to the ground and lifted BoBoiBoy with his hand, demanding him to return his elemental powers to him. BoBoiBoy refused but it didn't end well after Retak'ka absorbed BoBoiBoy Thunderstorm, BoBoiBoy Thorn, BoBoiBoy Cyclone and BoBoiBoy Solar, stripping BoBoiBoy from five of these powers. Gopal suddenly shows up to save BoBoiBoy before Koko Ci tells him to find Hang Kasa as the gang urgently depart to Planet Quabaq. With the Commander, Admiral, Fang, Yaya and Ying left behind on the station, Gogobi detonates the explosives left behind to destroy the already-wrecked station, not before Captain Kaizo uses his Energy Barrier to protect everyone, saving his brother, Yaya, Ying as well as Koko Ci and Tarung and placed a tracker on the Miners' ship.
Throughout the movie, he went from planet to planet, draining the elemental forces within those planets to upgrade his elements. When he did so, said planets will suffer from mass destruction, potentially wiping out all life on it as shown in the movie when Retak'ka killed almost all the residents of Planet Gur'lathan. After finding out that all the Gur'lathan guards were defeated, Koko Ci said that Retak'ka's conquest is direr than expected. Yaya and Ying then trace Retak'ka and his crew to Planet Bayugan, where he would drain the planet's Wind element. Ying sends a warning signal to the inhabitants to inform them about the threat.
On Planet Rimbara, Retak'ka prepares to drain the Leaf element from there. After Yaya, Ying, Fang, Sai and Shielda help evacuate the native mushroom people, known as the Cendawa Tribe, Retak'ka traps the ship with his Darkwood form in vines, while the trio scramble to protect the ship. Retak'ka kidnaps them to get information about Earth, where he could upgrade all his stolen Elements.
Retak'ka informs his old enemy, Hang Kasa, and BoBoiBoy to meet him at Earth, threatening him that he will kill Fang, Yaya and Ying if he didn't come. Kasa also realizes that the Crystal Prison had kept him younger than he normally should be. Hang Kasa teleports to Earth to look for Retak'ka, whom he mentions to Retak'ka that he has a stomach ache in an attempt to let his guard down. Retak'ka sees this, attacking his enemy. Hang Kasa activates CrystalBot, then uses Crystal Shield to block Retak'ka's Thunder Blade while Pipi turns into Hardshell Tortoise before EggaBot could be fully recharged to free Gopal and BoBoiBoy.
Retak'ka then overpowers Tok Kasa as an appreciation for crystallizing him, before breaking Kasa's Crystal Armor in his Tempest form. Retak'ka announces his intention to kill Hang Kasa, but BoBoiBoy blocks the attack as Blaze. BoBoiBoy then transforms into Ice to distract him with Ice Bow. Retak'ka retaliates by pinning him onto a rock and strapping him with vines as Darkwood. Ochobot then feels that BoBoiBoy is in danger, but Gopal say that they can't let Retak'ka see them there. Meanwhile, the Zolas deal with the Miners and save Fang, Yaya and Ying, who were hostages on the miners' ship. Retak'ka grabs the seemingly dead Tok Kasa and absorbs his Crystal powers before facing BoBoiBoy.
Instead of surrendering, BoBoiBoy split into two, namely BoBoiBoy Ice and BoBoiBoy Blaze. Retak'ka asks if he still insists on splitting, only for BoBoiBoy to reveal that he is actually merging. The newly-formed BoBoiBoy Frostfire then engaged him. Retak'ka almost wins when he nearly crystallizes BoBoiBoy when Gopal provides Ochobot to BoBoiBoy, who used the former's elemental drain to drain his Crystal power. Enraged at this, he switched to Retak'ka Voltra to engage Fang, Yaya and Ying, who all managed to beat him down afterwards. Refusing to accept his fate, he calls them a "puny brat" and uses his Darkwood form in an attempt to destroy a nearby dam, but was stopped by BoBoiBoy Glacier who froze him using Ice Golem before using Ochobot to strip him of all his remaining powers. BoBoiBoy Thunderstorm and BoBoiBoy Solar then fused to form Boboiboy Supra, who later blasted Retak'ka into outer space. BoBoiBoy collapsed in exhaustion, causing him to fall into the river in an unconscious state.
With BoBoiBoy later retrieved from the river and treated alongside Adu Du in the space hospital, he sees the Cendawa Tribe, who would repair the damages from BoBoiBoy and Retak'ka's clash on Earth. Hang Kasa apologizes to BoBoiBoy for their argument on Planet Quabaq, while passing down the responsibility of handling the seven Elements to him.
Powers & Skills
Third-tier Elemental Powers
- Retak'ka Gamma: Gained from obtaining Gammabot and after upgrading the Light element in an unknown planet, it allows him to weaponize light rays and gamma radiation.
- Retak'ka Voltra: Retak'ka stole this power from Satriantar, granting him power over lightning. During the movie, he absorbed this power from BoBoiBoy Thunderstorm and went to Planet Gur'latan to upgrade this power, killing nearly all the residents in the process.
- Retak'ka Tempest: Stolen from Kuputeri. During the movie, he absorbed this power from BoBoiBoy Cyclone, granting him dangerous, long hairs and the ability to manipulate winds. He went to Planet Bayugan to enhance this power.
- Retak'ka Darkwood: He stole this power from King Balakung, allowing him to manipulate plant matter and vines. During the movie, he absorbed this power from BoBoiBoy Thorn, upgrading it at Planet Rimbara.
- Retak'ka Crystal: Retak'ka obtained this ability by absorbing it from Hang Kasa, who mastered the earth element, allowing him to manipulate crystal and even crystallize his opponents.
- Fire Elemental Form: Said to have been stolen from Panglima Pyrapi, allowing Retak'ka to manipulate fire, before it was absorbed into Ochobot.
- Ice Elemental Form: Stolen from Mas Mawais, allowing him to manipulate ice, before it was absorbed into Ochobot.
- Superhuman Strength: Retak'ka possesses a high degree of strength, capable of effortlesly overpowering BoBoiBoy with one arm, throwing him around and crushing his Blazing Chakrams.
- Superhuman Durability: Retak'ka endured numerous attacks BoBoiBoy's Second Tier Elements without any significant harm.
- Superhuman Speed: Retak'ka was able to effortlessly dodge BoBoiBoy Blaze's Flaming Fist Barrage and catch his Blazing Chakram Throw.
- Elemental Absorption: Retak'ka is shown to have absorbed various attacks from BoBoiBoy to make him more powerful and regain his elemental powers. He absorbs BoBoiBoy Cyclone, Thunderstorm, Thorn and Solar completely to obtains his former elemental form.
- Radiation Absorption: He absorbed Boboiboy Solar's eclipse attack, which only made him more powerful. This ability is because gamma radiation is produced by the sun, which Boboiboy Solar's powers are derived from.
- Electric Absorption: Retak'ka can absorb electricity from Planet Gur'latan and BoBoiBoy Thunderstorm which only made him more powerful.
- Air Absorption: He can also absorb attacks from BoBoiBoy Cyclone and managed to absorb Planet Bayugan's wind.
- Plant Absorption: He absorbed BoBoiBoy Thorn's attacks and eventually managed to absorb some of Planet Rimbara's plant energy.
|“||Imagine my surprise to find you alive. You have not changed at all; still cunning and deceptive. Did you think I would not find out? It was you who sent me the location of these brats. (BoBoiBoy: Tok Kasa used us to bait Retak'ka!) I will not go to Planet Quabaq and fall for your obvious trap. If you wish to stop me, you must come to this planet. If it wasn't for these pathetic kids (Gopal: Fang! Yaya! Ying!), I wouldn't have learned about this planet that contains all seven elements. I will see you there.||„|
|~ Retak'ka planning to meet Hang Kasa on Earth.|
|“||Retak'ka: Now, it is time to be destroyed. Surrender your Elemental Powers to me!
BoBoiBoy: My turn? You're wrong. It's your turn now. BoBoiBoy Dual Split!
Retak'ka: You still insist on splitting?
BoBoiBoy: Oh, we're not splitting. We are... MERGING! Elemental Fusion - BoBoiBoy FrostFire!
|~ Retak'ka taunting BoBoiBoy before he fuses for the first time.|
|“||Retak'ka: I am not beaten yet. How could that puny brat be able to-
Yaya Yah: Puny brat? Who are you calling a puny brat?
BoBoiBoy: You've lost.
Retak'ka: I may have lost, but I will take you ALL down with me! (Destroys the nearby dam with Ensnaring Thorns) LET DISASTER STRIKE!!!
|~ Retak'ka's Villainous Breakdown|
|“||BoBoiBoy: You are not worthy of this power!
Retak'ka: No! Don't you dare-
BoBoiBoy: You'll pay for what you've done! Elemental Fusion - Thunderstorm/Solar... BoBoiBoy Supra!
|~ Retak'ka' s last words before he was sent to space by BoBoiBoy Supra.|
- His name is the play of the word "retak" or "retakan", which is Malay for "cracked" and "cracks" respectively.
- Given that Retak'ka was the source of some of Ochobot's elements as he stole them from various elemental masters before Hang Kasa absorbed them into Ochobot, this definitely sets him up as the Bigger Bad of the series, in addition to having bigger plans than the Emperor and Ejo Jo as Ochobot was the source of BoBoiBoy's elements granted through his Power Watch.
- Retak'ka has probably already had some of the same elemental powers as BoBoiBoy even before he finds it maximally, like land, fire, and ice, probably due to the full extent of his powers not being absorbed into Ochobot, which explains why he was able to immediately use the Elements in their second tier while BoBoiBoy had to start with the first tier. It is implied that could still survive in outer space while drifting towards Planet Solaria sealed within crystal due to being placed in suspended animation before actually being encased within the crystal when Hang Kasa absorbed Retak'ka's elements using Ochobot.
- He shares similarities with Bora Ra and Captain Vargoba.
- Coincidentally, all 3 of them are among the evilest villains in the BoBoiBoy franchise.
- The way he is defeated is similar to the way Captain Vargoba tries to kill Boboiboy, as both involves being knocked to outer space.
- Retak'ka can be considered as an evil counterpart to BoBoiBoy (which is pretty fitting). Both are Power Sphere users who hold a desire to utilize the full potential of the elements they wield.
- While BoBoiBoy utilized the elements to protect the Earth and defend it from evil threats, he was supportive of his friends and family who were helping him to find the full potential of the elements and Power Spheres, whereas Retak'ka was ruthless, traitorous, and avaricious to the point of stealing elemental powers from other Power Sphere wielders and collecting more powers by draining entire planets' worth of elemental energy, despite having more knowledge about the elements compared to BoBoiBoy.
- His fate is different in the comic version, as he was presumably getting arrested by TAPOPS after he was knocked out from being defeated by BoBoiBoy Supra rather than being sent to outer space and left to die from the space vacuum.
- Retak'ka's downfall was possible primarily because he told BoBoiBoy about how splitting only makes his elemental powers weak. If Retak'ka didn't told him about that, he wouldn't have been destroyed.
- Retak'ka in the Pure Evil Wiki.