This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||I had thought that the man who killed Ou Ki would have been of a far greater caliber."
|~ Ri Boku's discussion with Ryo Fui during their first meeting.|
|“||Even if you were to unleash every single one of Qin's generals at me simultaneously, they would still not be a match for I, Ri Boku!!||„|
|~ To the courts of Qins.|
Ri Boku is a recurring central antagonist of the popular historical seinen anime and manga series, Kingdom. He is one of the leading military figures of the current era of the Warring States Era and was the leader of the second generation of Three Great Heavens before becoming a fugitive on the run after being ousted from the courts of Zhao for his failure on preventing the armies of Qin led by General Ou Sen from taking the critically important city of Gyou. He is currently residing as a guest in the Zhao city of Seika ruled by his old acquaintance, Shi Ba Shou.
In the anime, he is voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa who has provided the voices for Naraku from Inuyasha , Yoshikage Kira from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part IV: Diamond Is Unbreakable, Lord Boros from One-Punch Man, Mard Geer Tartaros from Fairy Tale, Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII, and Griffith from Berserk.
|“||It's enough to make your heart bleed. This is why I dislike warfare. However, one cannot open a path with sentiment alone.||„|
|~ Ri Boku to Kaine, one of his right hands.|
A humble and kind person, Ri Boku neither cares about fame nor glory which he stated to Ryo Fui and the courts of Qin during his visit to Kanyou. Further explaining that he is not the type of man who wishes to stand above others and being appointed by the people and the state is a heavy responsibility in itself. Preferring instead to return to the countryside and protect the lands with his comrades while building himself a family, raise sheep, and leisurely spend his days till old age.
However while on the battlefield, Ri Boku is efficiently ruthless in his machinations and schemes as he is willing to use anything for a complete victory over his opponents. He is also shown to be quite arrogant, a trait shared with many talented characters in the series, as he is confident he will always prevail.
Powers and Abilities
|“||Hmph, I knew it. There's no way some pen pusher who relies only on strategy would've been able to defeat General Ou Ki!! As I thought, You're...a true monster with both intellect and fighting skills.||„|
|~ Shin on Ri Boku after exchanging blows.|
- Genius Tactician: A tactician with practical experience in strategy, Ri Boku served as the state of Zhao's greatest tactician and strategist after the legendary Rin Shou Jo. With his opening debut to central China, he demonstrated his ability as he fully utilized the northern Zhao cavalry's quality as skilled horsemen and Ou Ki's experience as a central plains General to his full advantage after thoroughly researching his military career during the Battle of Bayou.
- Strategical Type:
- Perception: Ri Boku is armed with an astute perceptive of warfare. Aside Shun Shin Kun, He was able to see and deduce Shou Hei Kun's Sanyou Campaign and the announcement of it becoming Tougen as a potentially checkmating move against the entirety seven warring states.
- Assassination Tactics: Since his days of fighting the Xiongnu on the border of Gan Mon, Ri Boku has been a master of assassination tactics as he would wait for the right moment when his opponents are vulnerable to completely surprise them with a swift strike to their throat.
- Leadership: With a leadership stat of 99, Ri Boku ranks amongst the best leaders in the entire series. Even as back in his days as ordinary soldier, Ri Boku showed his leadership ability when he rallied his comrades on a guaranteed suicide charge in order to take the head of an enemy commander while leading them from the very front. And after becoming a Great General along with being appointed as rising through the military his ability grew to fervent levels as a Great General h due to his victories in the north and over It was noted that after his victory in the Battle of Bayou he became extremely popular among the common folk. The loyalty of his vassals runs so deep that many of them are ready to sacrifice their lives for him.
- Expert Combatant:
While preferring to take tactical approaches on the battlefield with his brilliant use of strategical warfare, Ri Boku is a peerless warrior in hand to hand combat due to spending years on countless battlefields. As proof of his battlefield and combat experience, he has an impressive build of a hardened warrior with numerous scars across his body.
- Master Swordsman: With superb proficiency, Ri Boku demonstrated his incredible ability as a master swordsman during his brief bout with Ri Shin as he sent the young man reeling during their duel after matching and overpowering him in terms of power and speed. Later on in the series, he has furthered shown his abilities after he furiously beheaded the large Left Hand of Ou Sen and general, Ma Kou, in a single strike, deflected multiple fired arrows without looking, and bisected a grown man in half.
- Podao Expertise: Before abandoning the use of it, Ri Boku was a master in wielding in the pole arm weapon known as the podao in his youth, having killed multiple enemy soldiers while beheading their general instantly in the midst of a battlefield.
- Information Manipulation: Ri Boku is adept at manipulating information flow.
- Investigation Skills: Utilizing his own talents in gathering information, Ri Boku will thoroughly and methodically research and investigate his opponent's military records, strengths, and possible weaknesses to predict their actions.
- Politicial Insight & Knowledge:
- Overwhelming Influnce: Serving as his state's leading military figure and as the Prime Minister, Ri Boku holds a great amount of influence and power among the 7 states of China. Even after his falling out with the courts of Zhao, his tactics and strategies are still being used.
- Architecture Skills & Knowledge: Possessing incredible ability in military architecture and fortification, Ri Boku demonstrated his skills as he started to strengthen and renovate the city of Kankou's walls to phenomenally levels as soon he became prime minister. He further showcased his expertise when he created an elaborate multi-layered defense of castles and forts throughout the formerly empty western parts of Zhao in order to prepare for any possible invasions and intentionally modified the strategically important Retsubi, with hidden faults that make it difficult to defend for its conquerors.
- Horse Riding Aptitude:
- Indomitable Will:
- Skill Adaptation:
- Political Novice:
- Hou Ken (One-sided friendship/colleague)
- Shi Ba Shou (colleague)
- Kei Sha (protégé/subordinate)
- Kaine (subordinate/comrade/possible love interest)
- Kou Son Ryuu
- Chou Sha
- Fu Tei (subordinate)
- Ki Sui (colleague/subordinate)
- Ba Nan Ji (right hand/subordinate)
- Shun Sui Ju (left hand/subordinate)
- Gyou'Un (subordinate)
- Chou Ga Ryuu (subordinate)
- Kin Mou (subordinate)
- Gaku Ei (subordinate)
- Ou Sen (military archenemy)
- Ri Shin (archenemy)
- Ei Sei (philosophical archenemy)
- Ryo Fui (political archenemy)
- Hi Shin Army
- Ka Ryo Ten
- Kyou Kai
- While he never takes a martial role in warfare, Ri Boku is one of the strongest hand-to-hand combatants in the series.
- Ri Boku is one of the youngest Great Generals in the series as he's around his early to mis 30s.