This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|Jafar says: Read my lips and come to grips with the reality!|
|“||These lands..."cough" These lands have long grown tired of war. They yearn nothing more than to become one great whole. But achieving that is easier said than done, when the time is ripe, That chance will come. And if that opportunity were to end in failure...then perhaps these kingdom of ours will remain fragmented for eternity. Never knowing true peace, with only constant warfare and bloodshed as its bedfellow.||„|
Rin Shou Jo is a posthumous antagonist in the popular historical seinen anime and manga series, Kingdom. He was a Great General of the state of the Zhao and served as a member in its legendary Three Great Heavens, alongside his comrade Ren Pa and Chou Sha of the previous generation, and was one of the greatest military commanders of his era as he waged war and fought his battles with ingenious tactics and clever stragical manipulation. Like his comrades he was a frequent rival to the Six Great Generals of Qin and the Wei Fire Dragons during the previous era of the Warring States Era.
However this would be not last as Rin Shou Jo fell ill with a disease during the midst of his career and passed away. Due to his short lived status he started being referred to as the Phantasmal General due to how fleeting his existence was.
Rin Shou Jo appeared to be a thin looking man in his late 20s to early 30s with a lean build and long black hair with a short goatee. While on the battlefield Rin Shou Jo wore a armor and three fur tailed war helmet decorated with dragon and snake like designs with a long cape.
|“||To achieve victory while having both friend and foe alike dance in your palms...That is what it means to be a Great General. Let's attribute that one to Ren Pa, shall we? Hahaha!!'||„|
|~ Rin Shou Jo to Gyou'Un and Chou Ga Ryuu.|
Rin Shou Jo was described as a man of great wisdom armed with incredible courageness.
Not much is known about Rin Shou Jo's early life aside that he was a member of the prestigious Rin Family and at somepoint met a young slave and bought him on either a simple whim or saw potential from him.
Powers and Abilities
|“||Rin Shou Jo of the Three Great Heavens, an equal to Ren Pa, was...a Great General and tactician who was blessed with both intellect and courage.||„|
|~ Ri Boku to his vessels on Rin Shou Jo's abilities.|
Rin Shou Jo was a man blessed with an unbelievable amount of intellect and armed with impressive foresight. He aptitude propeled him to be one of the most powerful Great Generals of his era as he stood as an equal alongside Ren Pa and Chou Sha as a member of the Three Great Heavens and made him an extremely deadly rival to the Six Great Generals.
As a Great General, he was capable of waging war on a mass scale. With just a whim he could turn the tides of an entire battle in an instant which would typically throw his opponents off. Even after years since death, his abilities and feats are still spoken with great respect.
- Genius Intellect: Rin Shou Jo was one of the greatest intellects of his era. With an intelligence stat of 99, he was one of the smartest characters to appear in the series as his genius surpassed that of his comrade Ren Pa, his rivels the Six Great Generals, and even the legendary Gaku Ki the Military God. He also showed himself to possess an insightful perspective on the Warring States Era as he saw that unification was the only answer that could end the blood-filled era.
- Precognitive Dreaming: Aside from his talents as a Great Genearl, Rin Shou Jo was known to have prophetic dreams that could predict events in the distant future. While on his death bed he was able to predicted and somewhat guess the events of the Battle at Shukai Plains and foresee the important roles that Gyou'Un and Chou Ga Ryuu would play in the war.
- Genius Tactician: Along with his natural genius, Rin Shou Jo was also a tactical one with an incredbile amount of aptitude as he relied solely on strategies and tactics to achieve overwhelming victories on the battlefield and compensated his lack of martial prowess through his subordinates', most espacially Gyou'Un, monstrous strength. Amongst his achievements includes the co-creation of the Prison of Thunder/Raigoku, a tactic that was intended to entrap and kill his rivals, the Six Great Generals as it fully utilize the monstrous strength of Gyou'Un and the Ten Spears, the most powerful soldiers of the elite Rai'un Unit as they encircle their target and effectively separate them from his or hers' troops in order to attack from many multiple directions. He also showed a masterful use of terrain advantages which was shown in Chou Ga Ryuu's flashback when he used a river as natural covering to escape General Ou Ki and his personal unit's charge.
- Philosopher: Rin Shou Jo often mused the Warring States as he expressed deep thoughts on the reality of constant warfare.
- Lack of Martial Prowess
- Gyou'Un (subordinate/comrade)
- Chou Ga Ryuu (subordinate/comrade)
- Ren Pa (sworn brother/best friend/comrade)
- Chou Sha
- Rin Shou Jo is based on the real historical politician, Lin Xiangru.
- Historically Rin Shou Jo always admired Ren Pa however they seldom ever saw each other. This was because Ren Pa felt that Rin Shou Jo wasn't an actual general. However, this changed after Ren Pa saw how talented Rin Shou Jo was and after that, they became the best of friends.
- Rin Shou Jo had a habit of greatly annoying his allies with his style of warfare.