|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||I would hardly expect you to understand. Do you know, he managed to shoot me in the head over ██ times? A man like that deserves to die in combat, so close to his opponent he can feel his breath. Not in some [Sumerian words, untranslated] destruction ordered by cowardly kings and princesses safe in their palaces. The rest of you… you disgust me. I don't even have the urge to strike you down.||„|
|~ SCP-076-2 to a Foundation doctor about Agent ███████.|
SCP-076-2, also known as "Abel", is the inhabitant of SCP-076-1, a Keter-class object under the SCP Foundation's containment. He takes the form of an ancient Sumerian warrior inhabiting a giant, indestructible cube (SCP-076-1).
Most of the time, SCP-076-2 is technically dead within SCP-076-1, but on occasion it is "activated" and breaches SCP-076-2, at which point it attempts to escape and kill all humans in its way, with only death being able to stop it. Upon dying, it will putrefy until reduced to dust, before respawning inside SCP-076-1.
SCP-076 as a whole was discovered in Mongolia by a group of English archaeologists, and shipped back to Britain. However, during the voyage, SCP-076-2 escaped and killed all of them, before being contained by the Global Occult Coalition. SCP-076 remained in storage for an unknown amount of years, before SCP-076-2 was activated once again and escaped, remaining on the run for three years until he was finally killed, causing him to respawn within SCP-076-1, which had by this point been recovered by the Foundation and secured at Site 25.
During containment, SCP-076-2 was terminated every time it became active, although it would often breach containment and kill all it came across until it was eliminated. In the course of these eliminations, it was established that SCP-076-2 possessed superhuman speed and strength, as well as above average resistance to damage (being able to survive multiple direct shots to the head before dying) and superior lung capacity to humans (surviving an hour without oxygen before asphyxiating), and was able to materialize weapons out of nowhere.
However, during one escape, SCP-076-2 found that one specific agent, who had killed him more times than any other, was missing and became agitated, asking where he was hiding. After being detained, SCP-072-2 was informed he had been killed by an airstrike while trying to stop another SCP, and questioned about him, claiming that he deserved to die honourably in battle. After this incident, it was proposed that SCP-076-2, codenamed "Subject Able", be used for military purposes, which was approved under the codename "Project Omega Seven".
During the project, SCP-076-2 was fitted with a "kill switch" to terminate it if it went rogue. After several missions, SCP-076-2 was asked to translate several Sumerian documents, which it did, showing particular interest in the Epic of Gilgamesh. However, it was then presented with the seal of SCP-073, causing it to become enraged and kill several personnel before the kill switch was activated. In light of this, anything pertaining to SCP-073 was banned from Site 25.
After several more missions, SCP-076-2 became bored, and eventually figured out how to disable the kill switch. It then went on a lengthy rampage and killed almost everyone in Site 25, before a personnel member detonated the on-site nuclear device, annihilating the facility. SCP-076-1 was quickly secured by the Foundation, and contained at a different site 200 metres below sea level. After this incident, all projects involving SCP-076-2 were suspended indefinitely.
|“||Come now, my young researcher, do you expect me to expose all of the secrets so easily?||„|
|~ SCP-343 not revealing the nature of SCP-073 and SCP-076-2.|
In this fan-made, non-canon series, SCP-076-2 does not appear, but is briefly mentioned in a video where a Foundation member interviews SCP-343. When the interviewer asks if SCP-073 and SCP-076-2 are truly the sons of Adam and Eve, SCP-343 refuses to answer.
- SCP-076-2's nature of killing might have been inspired by his work as shepherd from the biblical Abel. In another account, it is said that after he was killed by his brother Abel's blood cried from the ground for vengeance.
- Although greatly enjoying the act of killing, SCP-076-2 takes no pleasure in causing pain.
- SCP-076-2 has been characterized as a sociopath by Foundation analysis.
- SCP-076-2 once fought SCP-682, and despite delivering grave damage to the monster, was ultimately defeated.
- SCP-076-2 was responsible for the death of Dr. Jack Bright causing his soul to be trapped inside SCP-963.
- In the tale "An ending is only tragic if there is no one left to appreciate the beauty that came before." it portrays Bright having a grudge for 076-2 trapping him inside 963, and every time 076-2 gets out of 076-1 Bright is there most of the times to kill him.
- It is unknown if SCP-076-2 has any connection to SCP-343 who identifies himself as God, or SCP-336 who is believed to be Lilith, Adam's first wife before Eve.
- Despite his bloodlust and power, even he refused to fight the Gate Guardian.
- When 076-2 confronted SCP-729-J, a powerful plush bunny, he was terrified of it and instead of summoning his iconic sword, he instead summoned a flamethrower to burn the cursed toy. However, after seeing that it would not die, SCP-076-2 retreated back to SCP-076-1 where he curled up into a ball and began crying, similar to SCP-303 after its own interaction with 729-J.
- In SCP-5555, it is revealed that the Administrator of the Foundation, and other leaders of the other GOIs are actually powerful immortal beings who use the SCP universe and its inhabitants as just a playboard game with roleplaying for their own entertainment, and after one of them wins, the game starts over and the universe resets, but with the with major differences, such as Able being a gun toting warrior in the previous game before becoming a bladed warrior with tattoos in the current one.
- When the Foundation used SCP-978, a camera that when takes a picture of someone the photo it produces shows the individual's biggest desire, to take a photo of 076-2, the picture showed him in a pastoral landscape tending to a herd of pigs, while a city burned in the background and other pigs seemingly eating the remains of 073.
- Dr. Bright is not allowed to challenge 076-2 in unwinnable games such as tic-tac-toe, or engage him in online arguments.
- Dr. Bright tried to convince the Foundation staff that 076-2 was Kratos.
- In the tale "Oh-Fucking-Seventy-Six", Foundation agent Max Lombardi personally doesn't believe that 076-2 is the biblical Abel.
- SCP-076-2 on the Monsters Wiki
- SCP-076-2 on the VS Battles Wiki
- SCP-076-2 on the Versus Compendium
- SCP-076-2 on the Vs Debating