|This villain was proposed but was rejected by the community for not being heinous enough or lacks what is necessary to be a Pure Evil villain. Therefore, this villain shall be added to our "Never Again List", where proposed villains rejected by the community shall be placed to prevent future proposals of the same evil-doer. They can be proposed again (with the permission of an administrator) if new elements appear in their series that can change their status as non-PE villains.|
Any act of adding this villain to the Pure Evil category without a proposal or creating a proposal for this villain without the permission of an administrator will result in a ban.
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
SCP-096, also known as the Shy Guy, is a Euclid-class object contained by the SCP Foundation. It is mainly known for its psychoanalytical appliance and screams.
SCP-096 spends most of its days pacing the eastern wall of its containment chamber, at the exact moment that anyone views SCP-096's face or sees it (directly, or in a photo or video, though artistic renderings have no effect) SCP-096 will cover its face with its hands screaming and crying, showing extreme emotional distress. After one to two minutes, SCP-096 will stand up and begin to run to the person that saw its face.
Nothing can impede SCP-096's path to the person who saw SCP-096's face. When SCP-096 reaches its target, it will kill them without failing. SCP-096 will kill victims in an unclear way which leaves no trace of the victim's body (it is somewhat implied that it eats them after killing). After killing its victim, SCP-096 will return to its docile state. SCP-096 will then attempt to return to its natural habitat.
A researcher in the SCP Foundation created a device to make containing SCP-096 easier, by identifying and scrambling the image of SCP-096's face. It was tested when SCP-096 entered its agitated state and breached containment, due to a semiprofessional mountaineer who had a picture (taken in the '90s) which captured SCP-096's face far in the background in four pixels evidently noticing the pixelated abnormality - SCP-096's cross-country beeline to reach the mountaineer caused a high number of civilian deaths along the way when more civilians saw its face as it passed. The device failed, apparently due to the wearers' brains receiving one nanosecond of SCP-096's un-scrambled facial image before the image was scrambled. After killing the last of its victims, SCP-096 was recaptured by placing a bag on its head to prevent further viewing of its face.
The researcher was then tasked with terminating SCP-096 at all costs.
SCP-096 appears as a nude, pale-skinned, anorexic humanoid. It stands 2.38 meters tall, and it has little to no muscle mass. Its arms are greatly out of proportion to the rest of its body, measuring 1.5 meters in length.
SCP-096 has no hair anywhere on its body. Its jaw is four times bigger than an average human jaw, and its eyes are completely devoid of pigmentation making them completely white. All other facial features are similar to humans. It is unknown if SCP-096 is blind. SCP-096 also does not show any higher brain functions beyond locating its victims.
SCP-096 doesn't show much of a personality. It mostly stays in a fetal position and cries to himself and when its face is looked at it cries more heavily before furiously going after its prey.
When SCP-5731, a music box which speaks in a female voice the thoughts of the nearest non-sapient organic creatures, was put near 096 in its docile state it repeated the phrases "so sad" and "ugly, ugly" which correspond to its usual state. When 096 was in its enraged state 5731 began saying complicated equations of aerodynamics and physics in order to calculate the best way to get to its victim. This suggests that although not sapient it has high intelligence and is capable to think. When the Foundation used SCP-978, a camera that when takes a picture of someone the photo it produces shows the individual's biggest desire, to take a photo of 096, the picture showed the same containment cell which held it, but without 096 itself. This possibly means that 096 doesn't want to live or exist anymore.
In the tale "(The Engine of A Film)/(The Fine Game of Nil)", three researchers planned to fix 096's problem by using SCP-035. The plan surprisingly worked as although 035 was able to talk through 096, 096 not only retained control over its body, but became somewhat sapient, talking to the researchers in full sentences and displayed a very friendly personality, even agreeing to do pranks on their fellow researchers, including Dr. Bright, Dr. Clef and Dr. Crow who joined them, much to the annoyance of 035 who was forced to stay with them. After celebrating "Spring Break 2015", the three were sadly forced to return 096 in its usual state to its containment, but before removing 035 from 096's face 096 confessed that it also had a great time and would not forget them. However, once a year the same researchers put 035 on 096's face to have fun again with their friend.
SCP - Containment Breach
In SCP - Containment Breach, SCP-096 appears wandering around the Heavy Containment Zone of the facility crying. When SCP-096's face is looked at, it goes into a stage of emotional stress for 40 seconds before hunting down whoever viewed its face. SCP-096 will run directly to its target and kill them. If the player avoids SCP-096 for long enough, it will instantly storm their position and kill them. It also spawns in a scripted event where it brutally kills a guard who accidentally views its face.
SCP: Secret Laboratory
In the Secret Laboratory, players are able to play as SCP-096, which is considered one of the strongest SCPs in-game. SCP-096 appears to be the fastest SCP in game and has the ability to kill anyone in one hit and break down doors. Once SCP-096's rage has ended, it would sit down for ten seconds until it rages again towards the other living players. As in original, SCP-096 would create noises and cry when sitting. Though when its rage is finished, it would not make any crying sounds.
SCP - Containment Breach (Unity Remake)
As of today, SCP-096 is not added in the game, though it is believed that it will be added when the game is finished somewhere in 2021.
SCP-096 - The Short Film
SCP-096 appears in the 23-minute movie 096 | SCP Short Film created by Klay Abele aka MrKlay as the titular central antagonist. The movie is about the aftermath and resulting interview of Incident 096-1-A, albiet with some details edited.
SCP-096 appears in a song on the internet called the SCP-096 song created by Glenn Leroi, the normal version of the song was released on December 9, 2012 and the extended version was released on June 9, 2018, the normal version of the song gained 737,482 views while the extended version gained over 1,323,733 views.
- SCP-096's scream.
- when SCP-096 is enraged.
- SCP-096 is a popular character in video game mods and is popularly featured in mods for Minecraft, Roblox, and Garry's Mod, among others.
- It is said to have been the vessel of a now dead old one/old god that has no soul and is only controlled by the hate energy and is mindless. The only reason it can track people is because it is said have been a trait of the vessel such as humans ability to hear or see. Termination of this vessel is said to occur but at an unknown time in the future, so far human weapons including multiple high power machine guns and an anti-tank missile didn't even make it flinch and it regenerated its flesh back quickly while not having any structural damage.
- Multiple other means have been attempted such as radiation, electricity, incineration, and cryonics have been attempted and have so far haven't injured SCP-096, but they will activate its rage state temporarily. This includes multiple cross test as well.
- If he cannot kill a victim, as seen in the case of SCP-682, SCP-106, and SCP-173, it will begin to become docile and cry in the corner.
- SCP-096 evidently inhabited a snowy mountain range (the location of which is redacted) before the Foundation captured it, and was roaming around during the 1990s.
- SCP-096 was ranked fourth place in TatsTopVideos' Top 22 Scariest SCPs video.
- It is speculated that if SCP-999 would come into contact with 096, 096 would still be crying, since it is not actually sad, but it just appears to be so.
- In an attempt to kill 096, 173, or both, it was proposed to put a photo of 096 on SCP-173. This was immediately denied by the O5 Council due to the catastrophe that could result from such a combination.
- SCP-096 in the VS Battles Wiki
- SCP Foundation.
- SCP - Secure Craft Protect .
- SCP-096 Demonstration.
- SCP-096 Garry's Mod Model.
- SCP - Containment Breach.
- SCP Containment Breach Official Wiki.
- SCP Containment Breach Wikia.
- Garry's Mod SCP-096 Nextbot.
Video Game SCPs