The SS Paranormal Division is a section of the SS devoted to the research of the occult that has served as a recurring antagonistic faction in several of the Wolfenstein games, including Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein (2009), and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Under the direction of Heinrich Himmler himself, a group of SS Paranormal Division forces led by High Priestess Marianna Blavatsky began preparations for Operation Resurrection, a plan to revive Heinrich I, who was sealed beneath the Earth 1000 years ago by Simon the Wanderer.
The operation was a success, however, soon after his revival, Heinrich I turned most of the SS Paranormal Division's remaining officers, including Blavatsky herself, into zombies. Heinrich was later killed by B.J. Blazkowicz, foiling the Paranormal Division's plan.
Headed by General Viktor Zetta, the SS Paranormal Division conducted research into the alternate dimension known as the Rift.
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Similar to Return to Castle Wolfenstein, the SS Paranormal Division, led by Helga von Schabbs in this game, conducted an excavation of Castle Wolfenstein to uncover King Otto I's rumored secret weapon, which later turned out to be a giant flesh golem. As they blew open the castle to excavate it, they inadvertently released a noxious gas that reanimated the surrounding dead as zombies. Later on, Schabbs was killed after releasing the flesh golem, and the flesh golem was put down by B.J. Blazkowicz.
- Heinrich Himmler - Founder
- General Wilhelm Strasse - Leader
- Marianna Blavatsky - Leader (Return to Castle Wolfenstein) / High Priestess
- Helga von Bulow - SS-Colonel
- Zemph - SS Special Weapons Division researcher
- Viktor Zetta - SS-General
- Helga von Schabbs - Leader (Wolfenstein: The Old Blood)
- Emmerich Schreiner - SS-First Lieutenant
- Rudi Jäger - SS-Major / Warden of Castle Wolfenstein
- Elite Guards - Soldiers and bodyguards.