|“||I'm telling mom!||„|
|~ Sarah threatening Ed, as well as her catchphrases.|
|~ Sarah when chasing Ed.|
|“||Buzz off, Eddy! Fathead!||„|
|~ Sarah screaming at Eddy with a megaphone.|
Sarah is a secondary antagonist of the cartoon series Ed, Edd n Eddy, and a supporting protagonist in the 2009 film Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show. She is Ed's younger sister and one of the cul-de-sac kids who lives on the titular cul-de-sac with her brother and parents.
She is Ed's bossy, psychotic, spoiled, and conceited younger sister, who acts cute and charming only when it serves her. Sarah has Ed's unending loyalty and obedience, mostly due to her constant threats of tattling on him. The fact that their mother always believes Sarah, even when she is fibbing, and their father doesn't seem to take interest in their arguments, doesn't help Ed. She has a very loud mouth, a hair-trigger temper, and is easily agitated by others, especially her brother. She is almost always hanging out with Nazz or playing with Jimmy, and when she's not, she rushes to his aid the moment he calls her. Sarah writes about her innermost feelings in her diary, and has a crush on Edd (though this is usually not quite enough to spare him from her wrath). In "Pain in the Ed", Sarah shown her sadistic side when Ed used Eddy's hair as a violin.
It's been shown that she shares her brother's superhuman strength, as demonstrated when she dropped a toilet and then the principal's car on Nazz in "Truth or Ed" when she threw a box of tissues at her and called her "monkey face". In "Little Ed Blue", she was apparently surprised to learn that her brother is much stronger than her, and is even more dangerous than she is when in a bad mood. Several minutes into the episode, she shouts at him when he kicked her and other kids from their home, only to have him shout right back at her even more loudly and with more menace, which frightens her and makes her back off and leave him be. She also seems to fear the Kanker Sisters, because unlike her brother, the sisters aren't afraid to bully the younger girl to get what they want. Eddy has yet to learn not to mess with Sarah, and it is often he who provokes her into physically attacking the Eds and therefore she despises him the most.
Sarah is the hot-headed, spoiled younger sister of Ed, who refuses to accept the love and affection he offers her. Although, she once did show concern for Ed in "Honor Thy Ed" when she thought he was in danger, until she realized he was faking it. She despises her brother and Eddy and relishes the chance to physically harm them. She has a crush on Edd, which is shown occasionally, but even her love for him doesn't always spare him from her wrath. Sarah writes regularly in a diary which she keeps hidden underneath her mattress. In one episode, after the Eds accidentally destroy her bedroom, Eddy finds the diary, gets it open and reads the entry she had written about Double D (much to his embarrassment): "Double D is so cute! Last night I dreamt that he gave me a horsey!". Naturally, this violation of her privacy makes Sarah lay a serious hurting on the Eds. She is best friends with accident-prone Jimmy, who is jealous of her crush on Edd. She is Jimmy's fiercely protective bodyguard, defending him and rushing to his aid the second he yells for help. The two are often seen around the cul-de-sac playing with their toys, most notably Sarah's Polly Poo Poo and Jimmy's Mr. Yum Yum.
Sarah has great strength like her older brother, only to a lesser degree. She often utilizes it to protect Jimmy from possible harm, or to beat up the Eds (or anyone else that's bothering her). Despite this, she still shows fear of the Kanker Sisters mostly because they are not afraid of her strength and can easily beat her up.
In "Pain in the Ed", Sarah was assigned by her mother to make sure Ed practice a violin although he is terrible (only Jonny and Plank love the music). She has tasked Jimmy to spy on the Eds if Ed stopped practising. When she heard Edd broke the violin which was an accident, Sarah in off-scene, beaten up both Edd and Eddy and later chase Ed until he told her that he is indeed practicing when he used Eddy's hairs as a violin much of Sarah's joy but Eddy's pain.
Sarah's manipulating abilities can trick anyone into giving her what she wants, or doing what she says. As already stated, she is a common spoiled brat who refuses to take "no" for an answer; she'll either manipulate or whine until her desires are met. She's often determined to get what she wants, even if it means spoiling the fun of others. Usually, her wishes are granted right away, before the whining starts. She can be exceptionally cruel when provoked - she locked Ed out of the house when the 8 Hour Monster Movie Marathon was on, showing she obviously doesn't care about the feelings of others, least of all Ed's love for monster movies and comics.
Sarah is something of a tomboy, judging by how much stronger she is than the other boys (and the willingness to use her strength), but is also very girly, showing interest in dolls, tea parties, and ballet. She also acts as a second mother to Jimmy, caring for him when he is injured, such as in "Cry Ed". In turn, Jimmy sometimes acts as a second father for Sarah, caring for her when she was sick in "Is There an Ed in the House?". The two share a very close, yet non-romantic relationship.
After eating too many jawbreakers, Sarah became sick with a stomachache and vomited out all of the jawbreakers at Eddy causing the screen to turn green as a result.
Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show
In the movie, Sarah has no explicit role as an antagonist like in the show. Sarah first appears at the very beginning when she and Jimmy are pretending to be movie directors. When they see the Cul-de-Sac being utterly destroyed as a result of the last scam made by the Eds and how the other kids want to catch them, they both decide to follow them and look happily as Rolf, Nazz, Kevin and Jonny give them the beating of the century. Sarah and Jimmy enter the trailer park but by accident Jimmy loses sight of Sarah and falls straight into the hands of the Kanker Sisters when they are doing the laundry. Sarah, unwilling to let the Kankers hurt Jimmy, defends him and as the result Sarah is also caught by them. After short "tortures" on Sarah, Jimmy reveals to them that the kids from the cul-de-sac want to find the Eds and then beat them mercilessly for their last scam. This makes the Kanker Sisters become determined to save their "boyfriends", so they set out to rescue them and take Sarah and Jimmy as their transport slaves. Thanks to Sarah's ingenuity, they manage to escape from their clutches. Sarah and Jimmy then decide to hide in a thicket of sunflowers while being wary of the Kankers. When the threat is over they see Wilfred, Rolf's pig, and decide to use him as a transport to track down Rolf.
Finally, Sarah and Jimmy reach the amusement park where Eddy's brother lives on Wilfred's back. Sarah is disappointed by the fact that the Eds are still in one piece and Jimmy asks if they missed the whole battle, but at this point Eddy's brother appears. After seeing how much Eddy's brother abuses him, Sarah and the other children, and even the Kanker Sisters, are terrified and disgusted with his behavior. Her fear is increased when she sees Double D being beaten. Sarah, Jimmy, Rolf, Nazz, Kevin and even the Kanker Sister stand up to him telling him to leave the Eds alone and Ed uses this distraction to knock Eddy's brother down with a door to his trailer. When Eddy's brother is stunned and defeated, Sarah happily runs to hug her brother without any malicious intentions. When Jonny brutalized the redeemed Eds, Sarah, Kevin, Rolf and Nazz brutalized Jonny for his insolence and beating their friends. When Kevin announced a party at his house, Sarah and the other children leave the amusement park with the Eds as their new friends. The Kankers have fallen behind and decide to "torture" Eddy's brother in a rather amorous way.
- Blackmailing and manipulating Ed and abusing him both verbally and physically several times.
- Verbally and physically abusing other people as well.
- "Tinker Ed" - after placing the Eds under her threat of being turned to dog meat to have them beaten to a bloody pulp, Sarah blackmailed the Eds by taking a picture of them in fairy tale outfits for Jimmy's "Fairy Tales are Real"-scam leaving Kevin off the hook for what he started.
- "Pain in the Ed" - Begins to beat up Edd and Eddy after hearing Ed's violin was broken. Later chased Ed until she witnessed Eddy suffering when Ed used Eddy's hairs as a violin.
- "Knock, Knock Who's Ed?" - Just as Ed's eight hour monster movie marathon was about to start, Sarah locked the Eds out of the house by beating them up and kicking them out of the house. Fans regard that as the most mean-spirited thing she has done in the entire series.
- Succeeds to beat-up the Ed's on-purpose both verbally and physically for her own fun of amusement.
- Proceeds beating up other people as well verbally and physically.
- "Brother, Can You Spare An Ed" - Bites Eddy in both of his arms through aggravated assault.
- "Ed In A Half Shell" - Rewards Jimmy for tattling on the Eds having them beat-up again. By shoving and punching Edd and Eddy through Ed's throat and out of his ears into a pulp.
- "It Came From Outer Ed" - Beats the living daylights out of Eddy for what Ed had started.
- "X Mark's The Ed" - Took a picture of Eddy's pimple with Jonny 2X4 and the other neighborhood kids for no apparent reason of what so ever. Fans regard that as the most disgusting thing to have ever happened.
- Constantly screaming and yelling at people verbally and physically too many times.
- "Boy's Will Be Ed's" - Starts beating up Rolf who was trying to make his goat Victor let go of Jimmy, who had a sandwich in his hand.
- Manages to get herself off the hook and not get punished for what she does.
- Verbally and physically treats people with a mean-spirited like manner.
- Gets the Eds and Jonny 2X4 stuck to bubblegum on "For Your Ed Only" by having the Eds beat-up again.
- "Sir-Ed-A-Lot" - This episode serves as her first antagonistic role. In order to get Ed in trouble Sarah spends the rest of the day getting her own way while laughing at the pain of the Eds by breaking everything in the house after she laughed at Eddy getting stabbed in the hand by a cactus.
- "I Am Curious Ed" - Beats Jonny 2X4 into a bloody pulp by angrily jumping on him after he gives Jimmy a worm before being interrupted by Rolf who walked between them to stop the fight.
- "If It Smells Like An Ed" - After Eddy gives Jimmy a wedgie Sarah blames the joke on Ed and threatened to tell their mom on him.
- "Truth or Ed" - Bashed Nazz at School with a toilet and the principal's car when she called her names and threw a box of tissues.
- "Who's Minding The Ed?" - Bashed a TV on Ed in a state of aggressive rage.
- "Run, Ed, Run" - Blackmailed the Eds to miss a field trip to tour the jawbreaker factory before getting sick vomiting on Eddy after eating too many jawbreakers. Causing the screen to turn green as a result.
- Attacked the Eds at the lake in "Hot Buttered Ed" by screaming so loudly causing the viewers to cover their ears.
- Refuses to trade her racquet for a giant teddy bear by tossing Eddy into the net and into Ed and Edd on "Who What Where Ed!".
- "Stiff Upper Ed" - Takes over the backyard at Ed's house and unfairly pounds Ed and Eddy for no reason.
- Yells at Eddy so loudly at the top of her lungs in "Know It All Ed" causing Eddy to either get a headache or give him a heart-attack and started twisting his ear with his finger.
- "One Of Those Ed's" - While fighting with the other neighborhood kids over a quarter stuck on the ground, Sarah pushed Kevin by punching him on the side.
- Taunted Eddy by calling him a baby who wears diapers on "Oath To An Ed" before getting snapped at by Eddy to shut up.
- Begins to beat-up Ed all afternoon after getting better on "Is There An Ed In The House?".
- "Look Before You Ed" - After Jimmy locked the Ed's in ice prison on-purpose at School, Sarah accompanied him back home leaving the Ed's hanging by freezing to death.
- "Little Ed Blue" - Bashed Kevin in the face by throwing a cup of grape soda at him. Before getting yelled at by Ed and couldn't say anything else.
- Bashed Edd in the face and kicked him out of the garage at Jimmy's house with a piece of concrete taped to her hands in "Cleanliness Is Next To Edness" when Edd ransacked the whole place when he wasn't allowed to take a shower in there.
- "Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show" - This was the last time that Sarah had her antagonistic role before she redeemed herself. In order to escape the Kankers who enslaved her and Jimmy while figuring out what the Eds did at the same time, Sarah squashed Lee Kanker's hand then bashed her in the face with a bucket of red paint. The next day she and Jimmy arrived at "Mondo-A-Go-Go" where Eddy's Brother lived just to see that the Eds are still in one piece but after Eddy's brother faces defeat, she and the other kids beat Jonny 2X4 into a pulp in the end of the movie by tying his tongue and hands to his arms and feet as retaliation for attacking the Eds as their new friends.
- Sarah is a Hebrew name that means "lady", "princess", and "noblewoman", which suits her being treated by her parents much better than her big brother Ed and for her spoiled nature.
- Due to her spoiled rotten nature, many fans consider her as the most hated character in the show, even much more so than Kevin. It wasn't until they were both beaten by Eddy's Brother in Ed, Edd & Eddy's Big Picture Show, who is far more hated than the two characters, and both Kevin and Sarah were disgusted by Eddy's Brother's heinous actions, not just towards his own younger brother Eddy, but towards Double D as well, that they ceased to be hated by the fans.
- Sarah had been hated since "Sir Ed-a-Lot" and was even abusive like Eustace Bagge, who has some things in common with her, until Eddy's brother came along, surpassing both of their heinous acts altogether.
- In fact, many fans were satisfied when Ed yelled "SO MOVE!!!" at Sarah in "Little Ed Blue".
- Sarah is similar to Shelly Marsh from South Park as both are the sister of one of their shows' main characters (Ed and Stan). Both have a poor relationship with their brothers and will act violent towards them whilst acting sweet and innocent in front of their parents. Unlike Shelly Marsh, Sarah ultimately redeemed herself upon learning about Eddy's Brother's abusive nature as even she was shocked about Eddy's Brother physically attacking both his own brother (and unlike Sarah, Eddy's Brother never acted sweet or innocent and was also very open about mistreating his own younger brother just for his own sick pleasure) and Double D. She also hugged her own brother without any malicious intent, and when Jonny attacked the Eds, Sarah and the others beat up Jonny in retaliation, further cementing her ultimate redemption.
TV Movie Villains
Sym-Bionic Titan Villains
Cow and Chicken
I Am Weasel
Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
The Life & Times of Juniper Lee
My Gym Partner's a Monkey
The Mr. Men Show
We Bare Bears
New Looney Tunes
Apple & Onion
Summer Camp Island