|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||We wanted to make the world a better place. I chose to do it from a lab... and a board room. But Jessica wanted to fight.||„|
|~ Savannah Mason-Meyer|
Savannah Mason-Meyer is the main antagonist of the 2018 video game Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
She is a CIA operative and the founder of Project Blackout, as well as Alex Mason's granddaughter and the world's first trillionaire who intends to achieve on reviving the dead.
Savannah and her sister Jessica at some point were born to David "Section" Mason, the son of Alex Mason. Wanting to change the world, Savannah decided to do it from a lab and ultimately became a C.I.A. operative and businesswoman, in which it made her the world's first trillionaire. Eventually, with her C.I.A. clearance level, Savannah founded Project Blackout in a goal to bring back the dead. Her only known successful subjects are her grandfather Alex, Frank Woods (whom she started a relationship with), Viktor Reznov and Raul Menendez (who was given the position of overseeing the project).
In 2043, her actions ended up ruining her relationship with Jessica, who became disgusted in her actions, and while Menendez suggested terminating her, Savannah refused to kill her own sister. Eventually, the two sisters ended up fighting that resulted with Savannah accidentally shooting Jessica in the mouth, much to Savannah's horror. In order to cover up what she did, Savannah had the memories of her two companions, Ruin and Battery, altered into thinking that it was a botched mission that killed Jessica. Afterwards, Savannah ended up taking care of Jessica's daughter Lucy as her legal guardian, and the two would visit her grave together. She would also secretly have Woods brainwash Alex for an unknown purpose.
Two years later, Savannah recruits ten of the world's most elite soldiers for Project Blackout to handle an unknown threat. She also used a Combat Immersion program to train the Specialists in a virtual simulation, with Woods acting as their instructor. Savannah becomes increasingly paranoid after Menendez learns that Jessica was still alive and conspiring against her, thus leading to her hand over the project's leadership to the revived Nicaraguan. Realizing that the Specialists are loose ends, Savannah had soldiers sent to kill them, unaware that they all survived and Lucy had joined Jessica. Feeling like she has won, she then established facilities all over the world to continue Project Blackout.
- Savannah is the franchise's first female main antagonist to be featured in the campaign mode.
- She is also its fourth main antagonist who is American, following General Shepherd, Gabriel T. Rorke, Jonathan Irons and Russell Adler.
- Savannah is the sixth antagonist to avoid justice; the first being Anatoly, the second being Mullah Rahmaan, the third being Gabriel T. Rorke, the fourth being Pierre Danois, fifth being Xavier Hirtzel and seventh being Perseus.
- She is the first (and so far, only) member of the Mason family to be an antagonist, her mother and sister were minor characters while her father and grandfather were the protagonists of their respective games.
- In the picture for the audio intel "Lost Highway", Savannah is referred to as "Dr. Savannah Meyer Ph.D.".