This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||Maybe no one can survive here. Not hunters...and not the Scavenger scum that give my kind a bad name.||„|
|~ Knuckles during his first encounter with the Scavengers.|
The Scavengers are minor antagonists in the Sonic the Hedgehog film series, appearing as the secondary antagonists of the comic book Sonic the Hedgehog 2: The Official Movie Pre-Quill, and the opening antagonists in Sonic the Hedgehog 2. They are a group of alien scavengers that encounter Knuckles during his quest to find Sonic the Hedgehog, and later come under his employ.
They were portrayed by Rhys Williams, Nilo Ghajar, and Don Lew in Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2: The Official Movie Pre-Quill
The Scavengers first appear in the story "Always Bet On Red". After Knuckles arrives on a mountainous planet during his search for Sonic, he falls while scaling a cliff, injuring himself. Two Scavengers then arrive through a ring portal and capture him, bringing him back through their portal. Knuckles is brought to an arena in Casino Night, where he is forced to fight a giant crustacean-like monster. Knuckles easily defeats the monster, winning a bag of rings as his prize, and, knowing that he must betray his own instincts to complete his mission, offers the rings to the Scavengers and asks them to assist him in hunting down Sonic.
In "Two For the Road", one of the Scavengers begins pursuing Tails as he embarks on his own journey to find Sonic. Realizing that he is being followed, Tails attempts to shake his pursuer while examining different possible planets Sonic is hiding on, but is unable to. Tails identifies the last two planets in his search as an unidentified Mushroom Planet and Earth, and decides to leave before his pursuer catches up to him. Just as the Scavenger arrives after Tails, Knuckles contacts them and declares that the being they are pursuing isn't Sonic, and that he has a new lead for them to follow.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
After engineering a beacon from the remains of his Eggpod on the Mushroom Planet, Dr. Robotnik uses the energy of Sonic's quill to send out a signal, in the hopes that someone will respond. The night, three Scavengers arrive on the Mushroom Planet through a ring portal, and find the unconscious Robotnik holding the quill. One of the Scavengers reaches for the quill, which wakes Robotnik. Robotnik activates a series of booby-traps he had set up, flinging one of the Scavengers into the distance and knocking another down with a giant log. The final Scavenger prepares to attack Robotnik, but is knocked out by an airborne "Agent Stone". Triumphant, Robotnik runs towards the Scavengers' portal to finally escape the Mushroom Planet, only to be stopped by Knuckles. Knuckles demands to know where Robotnik acquired Sonic's quill; Robotnik declares that Sonic is on Earth and offers his assistance, seemingly taking the Scavengers' place.
It is unknown what happened to the Scavengers afterwards.
- It is unknown what species the Scavengers belong to, although they appear humanoid.
- It is also unknown who hired them to capture Knuckles in The Official Pre-Quill comic. It is possible that they captured him entirely of their own accord, and provided him to the arena as a fighter.
- Only two Scavengers are seen in The Official Pre-Quill, while three appear in Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
- The Scavengers are the third alien lifeforms that Dr. Robotnik has encountered in the Sonic the Hedgehog film series, after Sonic himself and the predatory mushrooms in The Official Pre-Quill.
- The Scavengers are the only characters introduced in The Official Pre-Quill to make any appearance in Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
- Alongside Agent Stone, the Scavengers are the only antagonists in the film series too have no direct interactions with Sonic or the Wachowski family.