|“||The Scientist's technical wizardry allows him to warp in close to his enemies, where he can cause the most damage. He can also drop a Zombie Healing Station for himself and his teammates.||„|
|~ Scientist's stickerbook description.|
The Scientist is one of the secondary antagonists of the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. He is an undead scientist who takes part in fighting plants.
- 1 History
- 2 Variants
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Other appearances
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Navigation
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
The Scientist made his first appearance in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare as one of the playable characters on the Zombies' side. His primary weapon is the Goo Blaster.
In Battle for Neighborville, he is a playable character of the Support class.
Plants vs. Zombies: Heroes
|“||Wishes the Mad Chemist would stop copying his hairstyle.||„|
|~ Gadget Scientist's card description.|
Scientist returned in this game with the name Gadget Scientist, who is a Science Zombie of Brainy class. He costs 5, and his rarity is Premium - Rare. His strength and health are 2 and 3. When played, each Science Zombie does a bonus attack.
|“||The Chemist Zombie spends his time taste-testing unstable chemical concoctions. Despite his appearance, he insists he's no worse for wear.||„|
|~ Chemist's description.|
The Chemist is a Rare (Super Rare in Garden Warfare 2) Scientist variant specializes close-range damages with his primary weapon, (Chemical) Beaker Blaster.
|“||He's not so much "mad" as he is "mildly annoyed".||„|
|~ Mad Chemist's card description.|
Mad Chemist is a Science Zombie of Brainy class. He costs 4, and his rarity is Premium - Super Rare. His strengths and healths are 3/4, and his trait is Gravestone (he hides in a gravestone until its time for tricks). When the players play their first trick each turn, he conjures another trick.
|“||Using himself as a conductor, he likes to help free electricity from its power pole prison, letting it loose into the world.||„|
|~ Physicist's description.|
With the EMP Frazzle Launcher, the Physicist, a Rare Scientist variant, is ready to perform electric damages to enemies in his way.
|“||They call him Dr. Toxic because he's so toxic. His portable Reactor Pack and Radiation Blaster gives him a green aura that's hard to miss.||„|
|~ Dr. Toxic's description.|
Dr. Toxic's radiation aura round him and his Radiation Blaster inflict toxic damages to enemies around him.
|“||The Astronaut Zombie claims that there is a secret Lunar Suburbia on the dark side of the moon - a place perfect for Zombie plundering. None of the other Zombies believe him.||„|
|~ Astronaut's description.|
The Astronaut is a Super Rare (Rare in Garden Warfare 2) Scientist variant who utilizes his rapid-fire Moon Rock Launcher to fight his enemies in his way.
|“||The Marine Biologist and his Dolphin Zombie Companion are a dangerous pair. They are able to effectively spray fish innards with an almost unmatched style and effectiveness.||„|
|~ Marine Biologist's description.|
Equipped with the Dolphin Blaster, the Marine Biologist, a Super Rare Scientist variant, does huge damages to enemies at close range.
|“||On July 17th, 1893 he discovered the first ever complete Chomposaurus Rex skeleton. On July 18th he forgot where he left it.||„|
|~ Archaeologist's description.|
The Archaeologist is a Rare long-range damage dealer with his artifact shooting Excavator.
|“||Always the dedicated man of science, the Paleontologist has been digging a hole in the same spot for most of his life. He somehow dug his way through the Earth's core and ended up on the other side of the planet. Scratching his head in confusion, he found a dinosaur museum across the street and decided to borrow some bones.||„|
|~ Paleontologist's description.|
The molten hot Dino Blaster of the Paleontologist, a Super Rare (Rare in Garden Warfare 2) varaint, ignites and does damages to plants.
|“||Most Zombie Scientists choose to specialize in Neurology. They’re not really good at it, but it means they don’t have to pack a lunch when they go to work. Dr. Chester is different. He has a PhD in Cheeseology. How delicious is that?!||„|
|~ Dr. Chester's description.|
Dr. Chester is a promotional character for the product Cheetos alongside Chester Chomper. His Cheese Blaster is a fully automatic at close-range damager to plants.
|“||The Zoologist and the Marine Biologist were fierce rivals growing up. After dropping out of Zomboss' Marine Biology and Fish Sticks Academy, the Zoologist turned to mind control. Now he's ready to show the Plant forces and the rest of Zomburbia... well, we're not really sure.||„|
|~ Zoologist's description.|
Zoologist is a Super Rare variant of the Scientist, and a reskinned Dr. Chester in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, as his Porcupine's Revenge is similar to the Cheese Blaster.
|“||The Computer Scientist wasn't always so savvy with technology. He only recently discovered computers, and now he's wandering Zomburbia, searching for that information superhighway he's heard so much about.||„|
|~ Computer Scientist's description.|
After discovering the use of computers, the Computer Scientist masters his Code Corrupter, which is similar to the original Scientist's Goo Blaster but with binary numbers, and Crunch Mode that allows him to detect enemies through digital vision with speed and damage boost.
Powers and Abilities
- Goo Blaster: It is a slow, but powerful shotgun-like weapon that deals massive damage to plants in a short range.
- Heal Beam of Science: This ability allows Scientist to heal a single zombie by connecting a small energy beam to his ally.
- Warp: Scientist can teleport forward for a short distance to allow him to either close the distance between him and enemy plants to make his weapon more effective, or to warp to cover if the need arises.
- Energy Warp: This variant of the Warp makes Scientst invulnerable to all forms of damage, however he is unable to use his weapon, abilities, or jump during this time.
- Cheesy Warp: It is similar to the warp but it travels twice as far and can deal up to 30 damage at his destination, however he can only have one in reserve as opposed to the regular Warp's 2.
- Steam Blaster: Scientist's legendary primary weapon, as he can shoot slow-moving steam that does overtime damages to plants.
- Zombie Heal Station: A healing station that can heal zombies around it and can deal miniscule damage to plants after its destroyed or it self-destructs.
- Armored Heal Station: A station that is slower and doesnt last as long as its predecessor, but has significantly higher health than it.
- Cheetah Heal Station: A Chester version of the Heal Station, it can heal zombies at a faster rate but self-destructs faster.
- Armored Bling Station: It is exactly the same as the Armored Heal Station but it is golden.
- Sticky Explody Ball: A ball that explodes and deals considerable damage to plants within its blast radius, however it can be set off from enemy fire, or after being untriggered for a while it detonates anyway.
- Mega Heal Bomb: A ball that heals zombies within a large radius.
- Sticky Cheetah Ball: A ball that deals more damage than the Sticky Explody Ball.
- Sticky Healy Thingy: He throws a delayed explosive that sticks and heal all zombies in an area. It can stick to solid surfaces, allies, and even enemies
- Healing Hose: A healing spray that heals all nearby zombies.
Plants vs. Zombies comics
The Scientist appeared in the Garden Warfare comics as one of the zombies who takes part in fighting plants.
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Scientist appeared as a plush toy in the Crew Quarters of the Tempest.
- It was revealed that Scientist's gadgets were created by himself. This could mean that he has some sort of intelligence, despite being a zombie.
- In Battle for Neighborville, if one looks closely, his name tag says Branez, which could be his real name.
Specific to his variants
- Dr. Chester is the only zombie variant who is a promotional character.
- Zoologist in Garden Warfare 2 is a reskinned version of him.
- The Computer Scientist, is the only non-party variant who plays a jam while using a special ability.
- His special ability is Crunch Mode, which allows him to see enemies easier in digital form. Also, 8-bit Jam plays during this ability.