|“||That's some real dedication. Great job! Most people are content playing through the game on Normal mode, but not you... There is always an over-achiever in a bunch. I guess that's you. So it's your fault then, for my misery. It's never enough for you people. Don't you get it? I can't do this anymore! I won't...||„|
|~ Scott before transforming.|
|“||It was fun being the puppet-master, but now I grow weary. It is time to put you in your place. Now let me show you how this game ends.||„|
|~ Scott Cawthon|
Scott Cawthon (Also known as Animdude when recruited) is the main antagonist of the 2016 RPG game FNAF World, not counting Update 2 of the game. He is the creator of the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise, as well as many other games and animations he made.
Scott appears as the true final boss of FNAF World, only appearing when the player defeats Security on Hard Mode.
During his debut in FNAF World. Scott apparently resides in the game's core, since he serves as the creator and storyteller. When the player and his/her party goes through the portal in the circus tent after defeating the robotic owl Security, he appears, congratulating them at first. However, he explains that he is getting tired of attempting to satisfy the demand for more games, since he can't finally stop the demand. After this, he turns into a 3D version of himself, and attacks. After the player wins against him, he says the game suddenly ended, thanks to the player killing the storyteller, he then explodes.
He was theorized to be The Indie Developer from Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted, but this was deconfirmed by real-life Scott.
His appearance is the three-dimensional representation of the developer's icon (who shares the same name) avatar which originally came from one of his previous games "There is No Pause Button!", appearing as a couple of cubes in the form of a figure. He is glowing entirely light blue. Interestingly enough, he is missing the sweat pixels in his Omega form.
When the player first sees him, he appears as white glitched mess with a glowing blue outline. He then changes to the developer's icon, where he then changes to his "Omega" form.
Scott apparently doesn't like continuously working over and over. As a result, he became tired of the demand for more games, and vows not to make games and animations anymore.
|“||OK. Alright. I get it. Was this the ending you wanted? Coming all the way here just to kill me? Was I really the villain in your mind? I mean sure, this is definitely one way to bring the story to a halt, but surely there was a more satisfying end. I just do what is demanded of me! I fill your insatiable gullets with more and more and more! And now here you are to show your gratitude. Well, congratulations, then. I haven't brought this story to an end; you did. So feel good about yourself for ending the story by killing the storyteller! Ug. Grr... Zrr... GRAAAAAMMM!!||„|
|~ Scott's last words before being killed by Freddy and Friends|
- There was a former glitch where you could head to the area out of the map and reach Scott's area, and then you could open the menu and close it to battle him, which allows you to fight him while skipping Security in Normal Mode. This was fixed in further updates.
- Scott (In real life) confirmed in a email that this version is not to be taken seriously. (Link here)
- It appears that this variation of Scott is a manifestation of Scott's stress of creating the Five Nights at Freddy's games and meeting the various standards that the players create for him such as creating another mystery or adding extra parts to the FNAF lore.
- Scott Cawthon was theorized to be The Indie Developer hired by Fazbear Entertainment to make the indie games. This was, however, disproven.
- Scott Cawthon, L.O.L.Z.H.A.X, and the Stitchwraith are the only main antagonists of a FNaF media that aren't in any way related to William Afton. None of them are canonical to the series' primary timeline.