|“||Hey, boy. Come on!||„|
|~ Search Man taunts Mega Man before he challenges him.|
Search Man is a Robot Master from Mega Man 8. He bears the serial number DWN-061.
Search Man isn't very sociable around other people. He does maintain a positive outlook on life. He is cowardly, disliking direct confrontation with his foes and preferring to use more varied approaches in combat. For this reason, Search Man relies mostly on setting traps, sniping from a distance, and the element of surprise. His favorite method of attack in combat has him set up fake bushes to confuse his foes. He leaves bombs behind some of his bushes, and hides behind his last one.
Search Man is based on a guerrilla warefare soldier. He wears a green helmet, and his right arm carries a two-barreled cannon which allows him to use his Homing Sniper. He has green camoflauge armour and a radar map on his chest.
Mega Man 8
Search Man guards Dr. Wily's tower. Wily designed Search Man to look like a camouflaged soldier. Wily also gave Search Man two heads as he thought he would be much smarter. Unfortunately, but he forgot to install two personalities. As a result, Search Man often gets confused and he switches from head to head. Despite this, Search Man is a good strategist.
Search Man attacks by deploying missiles and spiked discs. He will often jump off screen and come back from behind bushes. He uses his Homing Sniper to track Mega Man. At low health, Search Man will unleash a barrage of missiles from his chest. His weakness is the Flame Sword which can reveal him immediately. Upon Search Man's defeat, Mega Man gets his hands on the Homing Sniper, which he can use to fire homing missiles towards foes.
- The way Search Man takes more damage from the Flame Sword is justifiable due to forest fires, and forests being needed for camoflage.
- His NetNavi counterpart is more serious than the original Search Man was.
- Dynamo Man shares his distaste of social interaction with Search Man.
- The Countershade could be based on Search Man.
- The line uttered by Search Man during his dying scream ("Wairī! Banzai!") roughly translates as "Long live Wily!"