|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||I will show no mercy!||„|
|“||For the Lin Kuei!||„|
|~ Sektor in human form.|
Sektor is a Lin Kuei warrior transformed into a cyborg and an supporting antagonist from the Mortal Kombat series of fighting games.
Mortal Kombat 3Sektor volunteered to be transformed into a cyborg out of loyalty to the Lin Kuei after the clan made the decision to start doing this to their best warriors. Sektor was sent to hunt down and kill the rogue ninja, Sub-Zero, after he deserted the clan.
The cyborg attempted this twice, first during Shao Kahn's invasion and the second time during Shinnok's attempt at power, but failed both times. Sektor was eventually left the only functioning cyborg after Smoke was captured and left in one of Shao Kahn's fortresses deactivated, and Cyrax became a member of the Outer World Investigation Agency after they restored his soul.
However, Sektor's programming had been corrupted by his constant battles with the forces of Outworld. He rebelled against the Lin Kuei Grandmaster and took control of the clan by killing him. With this done, Sektor proceeded to make plans to turn all of the Lin Kuei into cyborgs, but was stopped by Sub-Zero. The cyborg was defeated and forced to flee, but formed his own clan of cyborg ninjas, called the Tekunin.
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
In the Konquest mode of Armageddon, Sektor attacked and captured Taven in while he was in his father's temple. The cyborg brought him to his warship where he demanded the information about what Taven's father had told him in his message. However Sektor found his warship under attack by Sonya and her Special Forces, resulting in Taven getting free.
But before the demigod could escape the warship, the cyborg attacked him, saying that Taven wouldn't leave until he got all the information he needed. Sektor was beaten, but he apparently made it off of the warship. The cyborg planted a tracking device on him, which Sonya used to find Taven later.
In his ending, Sektor defeated Blaze, causing the power of the firespawn to surge through him. This caused his mind to link with that of Cyrax and Smoke and they joined together into an abomination of flesh and technology.
Mortal Kombat (2011)
Sektor appears as one of the Kombatants fighting under Shang Tsung.
Mortal Kombat X
Following Sub-Zero's death at the hands of Sindel and subsequent resurrection as a Revenant by Quan Chi and Shinnok, Sektor took control of the Lin Kuei, intending to turn the entire clan into cyborgs like himself and mold them into his own personal army. However, his ambitions were brought to an end by the return of Sub Zero, who had been freed from Quan Chi's control and returned to humanity thanks to the actions of Sonya Blade and Johnny Cage.
Sub Zero, with the help of Cyrax who is freed from Sektor's master control via stolen USB virus given from Kung Jin defeated Sektor and dismembered him, but chose to keep him alive in his disassembled state in order to study his cyberized memories. This allowed him to discover that, during the events of the previous game, Sektor had made a deal with Quan Chi: Quan Chi would exterminate the Shirai Ryu for Sektor, and in return, Sektor would pledge the Lin Kuei to Shinnok's service. However, Sektor refused to uphold his end of the deal, claiming that Quan Chi resurrecting Hanzo Hasashi as Scorpion violated the terms of their agreement. Sub Zero revealed this new information to Hanzo, who like him had been freed from Quan Chi's control and had discarded his old moniker of Scorpion. This finally brought an end to Hanzo's vendetta against the Lin Kuei, and directed his rage and vengeance against Quan Chi, the true source of his suffering. Whether or not Sub Zero chose to fully destroy Sektor after this is unknown.
Mortal Kombat 11
Took place during the near end of Mortal Kombat 2 tournament in Mortal Kombat (2011), the past iterations of Sektor and Cyrax are brought by Kronika to the future-present timeline. He is confronted by Frost, Kuai Liang’/Sub-Zero s former apprentice in the future-present timeline who now vow to help Sektor’s new era of the cyber Lin Kuei, granting her a second master control program as his successor during her transformation as a first ever female cyborg, allowing the master control program on the brainwashed cyborgs remained online, should Sektor dies before her.
He and Frost, aid by their old Lin Kuei ally, the first Sub-Zero now a special revenant Noob Saibot Bi-Han massacring Kuai Liang’s Lin Kuei, and uses their hearts and brains to be implanted into cyborg bodies, brainwashing them, right before the future-present Scorpion (now return as a human) and Sub-Zero arrived too late. While Sektor is elsewhere within a compromised Lin Kuei base, he is alerted by Frost of Sub-Zero and Scorpion’s arrival, and Cyrax’s recovery of his human soul. He is presumably killed by either Scorpion or Sub-Zero, with the former opponent get his vengeance on Sektor for his involvement with Quan Chi on original Shirai Ryu massacre. Though the mass production of cyber Lin Kuei is stopped by Cyrax’s sacrifice, shutting his system, Sektor’s body is quickly brought by his allies, with two iterations of Kano revives and upgrade him.
He and Kano led Black Dragon and remaining Cyber Lin Kuei a raid on Special Force base, taking Sonya Blade of his timeline a hostage. As he and his timeline’s Kano are beaten by the future-present Johnny Cage, the future-present Kano manage to take Johnny’s past-self a hostage as well, leaving Sektor to a self-destruct alongside Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, young Jax Briggs, and the older Johnny, until the past Raiden arrived on time to evacuate his surviving allies.
Powers and AbilitiesSektor has a number of special abilities thanks to his being a cyborg, such as enhanced strength and built in weaponry. This includes a series of missile launchers built into his chest and flamethrowers on each arm. He wields a set of energy swords called Pulse Blades and he wielded a Laser Pistol.
Sektor also can teleport, possesses a cloaking device, contains a compactor which is also hidden in his chest, which is powerful enough to crush a human being in a matter of seconds. Sektor also wields a device known as the Scarecrow, which can rip his opponent's body into six pieces, if Sektor tosses the device on his opponent's chest. Sektor is also a master in multiple martial arts including Ninjitsu, Sambo, and Kenpo.
- Lin Kuei Grandmaster (killed by Sektor)
- Shao Kahn (killed by Raiden and the Elder Gods, revived in MK 11)
- Old Cyrax (killed himself in MKX comics)
- Shang Tsung (returns in DLC for MK 11)
- Baraka (killed by D'Vorah in MKX game, revived in MK 11)
- Reptile (formerly)
- Ermac (formerly)
- Rain (MIA)
- Old Quan Chi (killed by Scorpion in MKX game)
- Goro (dead)
- Old Skarlet (dead from her wounds in MKX comics)
- Young Skarlet (MIA)
- Old Kintaro (killed by Sonya, Cassie and Jacqui in MKX comics)
- Sindel (MIA)
- Smoke (formerly)
- Old Sub-Zero (formerly)
- Motaro (killed by Raiden in MK 2011)
- Mileena (killed by D'Vorah in MKX game)
- Young Erron Black
- Old Baraka (killed by D'Vorah in MKX game)
- Cyber Lin Kuei
- Tekunin (original timeline)
- Triborg (member of the Tekunin, MIA)
- Noob Saibot (MIA)
- Kollector (MIA)
- Young Cyrax (form original timeline)
- Young Kano (from original timeline)
- Young Kabal (from original timeline, MIA)
- Young Baraka
- Young Cyrax
- Raiden (currently retired mortal advisor to Liu Kang)
- Special Forces
- Old Jax Briggs
- Liu Kang
- Old Sonya Blade (sacrificed herself)
- Old Johnny Cage
- Kurtis Stryker
- Kotal Kahn (former leader)
- Old Erron Black
- Shirai Ryu
- Young Earthrealm heroes (from original timeline)
- Young Sub-Zero (from original timeline)
- Young Kung Lao (from original timeline, current leader of the shaolin monks)
- Young Sonya Blade (from original timeline)
- Young Johnny Cage (from original timeline)
- Young Jax Briggs (from original timeline)
- Young Liu Kang (from original timeline, currently a god)
- Young Scorpion (from original timeline, current leader of the Shirai Ryu)
|“||Upon defeating Blaze, the power that surged Sektor linked him with his fellow cybernetic ninjas, Smoke and Cyrax. Becoming one mind, they were joined in an abomination of flesh and technology. The realms will soon tremble at the coming transformation. All will bow to the new god!||„|
|~ Sektor's Mortal Kombat Armageddon Ending|
- Sektor and Kintaro are the only two characters from the games leading up to Mortal Kombat Trilogy that do not appear in the movies.
- In Mortal Kombat: Deception's Konquest mode, Sektor makes an appearance in Edenia, where he gives Shujinko a quest to get parts form Orderrealm for him. Sektor refers to himself in the third person here, while in Armageddon he speaks normally. This may because he was damaged and needed parts, making him speak in a less well-educated manner.
- In Deception's Konquest mode, Sektor will say "ERROR! ERROR!" if attacked.
- Of the four playable cyborgs in the Mortal Kombat series, Sektor is the only one that comes close to actually being evil.
- Sektor's original name was "Ketchup".
Non Playable Villains