|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Shadow Company is a different breed. No more vodka-drunk Ultranationalists. They're trained like we are.||„|
|~ John "Soap" MacTavish|
Shadow Company is the main antagonistic faction of 2009 video game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (as well as the 2020 remastered of the same name). It is an elite unit of private military contractors that was led by the versatile and compatible General Shepherd, the ex-commander of Task Force 141.
|“|| Ranger: Hey, isn't this danger close for the task force?|
Cpl. Dunn: C'mon, since when does Shepherd care about danger close?
|~ Ranger and Dunn In Team Player|
During the time as Operation Kingfish was conducted by Task Force 141 in 2013, Shepherd created the Shadow Company, an elite military contingent that was fiercely loyal to the Lieutenant General, in which he used for his personal gain and even considered them to be expendable as he never held any regard of their lives. They were willing to sacrifice themselves even involved to danger close, allowing Shepherd to carry out his goals.
2016 Russo-American War
Shepherd became the supreme commander of Shadow Company in his manhunt for Vladimir Makarov and he had given a blank check to use any resources needed. They made their first appearance in the mission "Loose Ends" during the campaign's third action.
When Shepherd's multinational special forces unit, Task Force 141, was collecting vital intelligence at Makarov's safe house near the Georgian-Russian border, the Shadow Company briefly appeared as friendlies to extract Simon "Ghost" Riley and Gary "Roach" Sanderson. However, Shepherd betrayed them by mercilessly executing them and secured the DSM before his soldiers dumped the bodies in a ditch and Shepherd set them on fire using a cigar.
In "The Enemy of My Enemy", he tried to eliminate both Price and Soap, who were looking for Makarov at the vehicle boneyard in Eastern Afghanistan, as well to eliminate Makarov himself. but the duo managed to escape by driving their vehicle into their Russian informant Nikolai's C-130 Hercules but Shepherd's men killed Rook (Soap and Price's last troop) and Makarov went hiding after giving Soap and Price Shepherd's location; Site Hotel Bravo.
In "Just Like Old Times", while residing in their command base, it was infiltrated by Price and Soap, who were on a suicide mission to kill Shepherd for his betrayal and the murders of Ghost, Roach, Rook and the other members of Task Force 141, along with the people whom he deliberately allowed to be massacred by Makarov and his men at Zakhaev International Airport in Moscow. When Shepherd realized that the base was compromised, he ordered the troops to help him escape while ordering a full evacuation and destroying the base in the process, but he still failed to kill Price and Soap.
In the final mission "Endgame", Price and Soap used a Zodiac to pursue Shepherd around the river all the way to the waterfall where Price destroyed Shepherd's helicopter and they dangled into the river below. After regaining conscious, Soap headed to the helicopter's crash site and after killing the two remaining soldiers, tried to kill Shepherd, but he fought back and recalled his motives after pinning Soap down and stabbing him with the knife Soap was using. As Price tackled Shepherd away, they fought in hand-to-hand combat until Shepherd gained the upper hand. After Soap woke up, he pulled the knife out of his wound with his last strength and managed to kill Shepherd by expertly throwing a knife through his left eye just as he looked up.
The Shadow Company is absent from Modern Warfare 3, but a container with their logo can be seen.
In reboot 2019 upcoming season 5, Shadow Company are part of allegiance but were not led by General Shepherd. They are led by Marcus "Lerch" Ortega.
Command and Control Units
- Gold Eagle - General Shepherd, Commanding Officer.
- Oxide - Communications officer.
- Excalibur - Artillery commander for Site Hotel Bravo.
Disciple - Patrol for Site Hotel Bravo.
- Disciple 1 - Unit in Site Hotel Bravo
- Alpha Element - Part of Disciple 1 that is patrolling the riverbed
- Disciple 2 - Unit in Site Hotel Bravo
- Bravo Element - Part of Disciple 2 that stopped their patrol because of the sandstorm.
- Disciple 3
- Disciple 4
- Zulu Element - six man patrol east along the Canyon, North side access road with 2 German Shepherds. (First group to be eliminated by Price and Soap)
- Disciple 5 - 2 men guarding the cave entrance overlooking the river.
- Disciple 6 - Unit in Site Hotel Bravo
- Foxtrot Element - Section of Disciple 6 that breaches the steam room
- Disciple 9 - Unit on the catwalks outside the caves.
Butcher - Patrol for Site Hotel Bravo.
- Butcher 1 - Unit in the open area of Site Hotel Bravo (where Excalibur fires upon with target package Romeo)
- Butcher 1-5 - element of Butcher 1 that rendezvous with Shepherd and escorts him to the Zodiacs
- Butcher 2 - Fast ropes from Black Hawks into sector Papa Quebec.
- Butcher 3
- Butcher 5 - Unit within the command room, prepares the demolition charges.
- Butcher 5 Actual - Commander of Butcher 5, heard over radio talking to Oxide about a severed detonator cord
- Butcher 7 - Searches for Disciple 5.
- Vinson - Element of Butcher Seven.
- Lambert - Element of Butcher Seven.
Carnival - Patrol for Site Hotel Bravo.
- Carnival 1
- Carnival 3
- Avatar - MQ-1 Predator UAV operators
- Avatar 1 - UAV operator.
- Avatar 2 - UAV Predator Drone
- Warhorse 5-1 - MH-53 Pave Low helicopter. (remaining troops killed by John "Soap" MacTavish).
- Thunder Two-One - AH-6 Little Bird helicopter that protected Ghost and Roach from Ultranationalists in "Loose Ends".
- Scaler 3 - Unknown type of helicopter on patrol.
Unknown Unit type/Possible Units
- Mongoose 2 - Possible helicopter or ground unit, cannot be determined.
- Mongoose 1, 3, 4 etc.
- Disciple 7 and 8.
- Butcher 4, 6 and 9
- Carnival 2, 4 to 9
- Warhorse 5-2 and 5-3, as two MH-53s can be seen at the end of "Loose Ends". Although it is likely one of these is 5-1.
- Scaler 1, 2, 4 etc., most likely helicopter units judging from radio chatter.
- Thunder 2-2 etc.
- They are the first enemy faction in the Call of Duty series to be American.
- They wear black combat uniforms and black leather boots.
- They are the only COD faction to be completely wiped out.
- They appear in COD online as a faction pitted against Task Force 141.
- Their logo in COD online is the Tropas logo from Black Ops.
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Defiance
Call of Duty: Strike Team
Call of Duty Online